Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Every year seems like a rebuild for that last decade.
    I have always said that when I watch the Jets play, it is almost as if they are playing in a different league than the rest of the NFL.

And yes, we have been rebuilding for the last decade; how much longer do the fans have to put up with this garbage?
    Eichel Tower

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I have always said that when I watch the Jets play, it is almost as if they are playing in a different league than the rest of the NFL.

And yes, we have been rebuilding for the last decade; how much longer do the fans have to put up with this garbage?

Ignorance is bliss

I remember getting absolutely killed in here last year for freaking out about our loss to the Bills to open the season....everybody was saying how it was stupid to be complaining that early, blah blah blah. I can't remember who (think it was Kinko) said people just say that kind of stuff so that if things go poorly you can say "see I was right". Well, here we are....and I was right. Gase is worse than awful, we still have no real talent, and the team is going nowhere. I guess the biggest difference is last year I was actually expecting some improvement, this year I wasn't so none of this comes as any surprise.

Also, to the point of a ST coach becoming a head coach....wasn't Harbaugh (Ravens coach) just a special teams coach before he became the HC in Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I remember getting absolutely killed in here last year for freaking out about our loss to the Bills to open the season....everybody was saying how it was stupid to be complaining that early, blah blah blah. I can't remember who (think it was Kinko) said people just say that kind of stuff so that if things go poorly you can say "see I was right". Well, here we are....and I was right. Gase is worse than awful, we still have no real talent, and the team is going nowhere. I guess the biggest difference is last year I was actually expecting some improvement, this year I wasn't so none of this comes as any surprise.

Also, to the point of a ST coach becoming a head coach....wasn't Harbaugh (Ravens coach) just a special teams coach before he became the HC in Baltimore?
    It probably was me. Well then, Congratulations! You were right, they stunk last year and it looks like they will this year.I still hold my judgment till the halfway mark.

Last year, we had a new coach, a new offense and we lost our two best ILBS. I wanted to wait and give Gase a shot.

This year? Different situation, same story.

Ignorance is bliss

Harbaugh was an offensive coordinator

It probably was me. Well then, Congratulations! You were right, they stunk last year and it looks like they will this year.I still hold my judgment till the halfway mark.

Last year, we had a new coach, a new offense and we lost our two best ILBS. I wanted to wait and give Gase a shot.

This year? Different situation, same story.
    I wish I was wrong. Oh how I wish I had been terribly wrong. Unfortunately I don't think we have a chance of ever being consistently relevant until ownership changes. Fat chance of that happening. I just want to watch a competent football team. Instead we get to watch SF second string destroy us. Maybe we're all insane for doing the same thing over and over (rooting for the Jets) and expecting different results haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I looked it up and he was the ST coach and defensive backs coach before he became the head coach of the Ravens.

I looked it up and he was the ST coach and defensive backs coach before he became the head coach of the Ravens.
    But not just a STs coach.

Plenty of coaches have been a STs coach, then move on to another position before becoming HC.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    But not just a STs coach.

Plenty of coaches have been a STs coach, then move on to another position before becoming HC.
    Well he didn't. He was the ST coach and defensive backs coach. He was never an OC or DC before becoming a head coach. He was the ST coordinator for the Eagles right up until he got the HC job with the Ravens.

Well he didn't. He was the ST coach and defensive backs coach. He was never an OC or DC before becoming a head coach. He was the ST coordinator for the Eagles right up until he got the HC job with the Ravens.
    What do you meam he didn't, you said it yourself, he WAS a defensive backs coach.

He was never just a STs coach.

Also he was a STs coordinator for years in Philly, then became a defensive backs coach for 1 year, then became HC of the Ravens.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-23-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Stuna, I disagree with your las two posts.

A good coach will at least have the team playing like a team. They will put their players in a position to succeed. That need not translate to a win but it can make them a bit competitive. This team hasn't been even a little competitive.
    We could barely move the ball vs SF when they lost their two best defensive players and we could barely move the ball vs SF's second string.

A good coach will make a bad team look like a team.

You have to go for it there. What message are you sending your team? At 24-3, You needed 3TDs to get the lead. Even at 24-6, you still needed 3 more scores, including 2 tds with 2 point conversions.

These guys don't care about small moral victories in the form of a FG.

Gase is just bad.

Will he bet better with all guys healthy? Sure, I would have to believe so but it still doesn't make him a good coach.
    Coaching good players is easy.
    Awful players playing like a team will still be awful.

Our OL is showing more promise this season, especially with Becton playing really well thus far. Lewis has taken the next step as well, but the other 3 guys on the line have underperformed considerably. Fant was never really good so he’s been what we expected.

The talent at the skill positions is completely embarrassing. Douglas had a good draft, but he failed by only drafting Mims and not signing any additional offensive talent at WR (outside of high-risk Perriman who replaced Robby).

You go for the FG because it was still early in the game and it was a long shot 4th down conversion. They had to come away with some points after the INT. 3 TDs only ties the game anyway. At least with a FG, they could take the lead after 3 TDs, or kick another FG and then score 2 TDs with one 2PT conversion to tie it up.

I don't know how anyone defends Gase at this point. Yes this is a mediocre roster but its exacerbated by an inept head coach. The best we can hope for if this team is going to be non competitive is that Darnold continues progressing and the team is bad enough where there is no grey area in firing this man.

I'm tired of all the excuses Gase is given.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-24-2020 at 01:51 AM.

“It all goes back to practice. We’ve had some slow practices, and it correlates to the game,” McDougald told SNY. “We need to have a complete, full week of just great practices, and I don’t think we’ve had that yet.”

Williamson echoed those comments during his weekly appearance on WFAN. “Sometimes, in practice, guys are missing tackles or we’re not doing things right. We haven’t been as crisp as we should be at times. … We don’t start fast at practice.”

And Gase says, we need to execute.

If those comments don't reflect on the coaching (even though McDougal says they don't). I don't know what does.

To clarify, McDougle may not have intended it towards coaches, as he states but it's the truth and IMO, it's on the coaches.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Awful players playing like a team will still be awful.

Our OL is showing more promise this season, especially with Becton playing really well thus far. Lewis has taken the next step as well, but the other 3 guys on the line have underperformed considerably. Fant was never really good so he’s been what we expected.

The talent at the skill positions is completely embarrassing. Douglas had a good draft, but he failed by only drafting Mims and not signing any additional offensive talent at WR (outside of high-risk Perriman who replaced Robby).

You go for the FG because it was still early in the game and it was a long shot 4th down conversion. They had to come away with some points after the INT. 3 TDs only ties the game anyway. At least with a FG, they could take the lead after 3 TDs, or kick another FG and then score 2 TDs with one 2PT conversion to tie it up.
    Fant has been good.
    He's held up against the passrush and is ok vs the run.
    He's being overlooked because Becton has been very good so far.
    The outer edges of the OL have produced good results to this point.
    Which makes me ask, why the F aren't we running more off-tackle plays?

Van Rotten has been horrible.
    McGovern has been average. Surprising considering how good he can be.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-24-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    no he was a ST coach.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast