Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Green Bay Packers (0-0) at Minnesota Vikings (0-0)

Week One
    vs

Sunday, September 13th at 1:00PM EST/ 12:00PM CST
    TV: Fox

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Kirk Cousins, QB #8 - 0 Yards / 0 TD 0 INT / 0 CMP% / 0 QB Rating
    Aaron Rodgers, QB #12 - 0 Yards / 0 TD 0 INT / 0 CMP% / 0 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Dalvin Cook, RB #33 - 0 Yards / 0 Carries/ 0 YPC / 0 TD
    Aaron Jones, RB #33 - 0 Yards / 0 Carries/ 0 YPC/ 0 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Adam Thielen, WR #19 - 0 Catches / 0 Yards / 0 TD
    Davante Adams, WR #17 - 0 Catches / 0 Yards / 0 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Kyle Rudolph, TE #82 - 0 Catches / 0 Yards / 0 TD
    Jace Sternberger, TE #87 - 0 Catches / 0 Yards / 0 TD

Defensive Line

~VS~

Danielle Hunter, DE #99 - 0 Tackles / 0 Sacks
    Kenny Clark, DE #97 - 0 Tackles / 0 Sacks

Linebacker

~VS~

Eric Kendricks, LB #54 - 0 Tackles / 0 Sacks / 0 PDs
    Christian Kirksey, LB #58 - 0 Tackles / 0 Sacks / 0 PD

Defensive Back

~VS~

Harrison Smith, S #22 - 0 Tackles / 0 INT / 0 PDEF / 0 Sack
    Jaire Alexander, CB #23 - 0 Tackles / 0 INT / 0 PDEF / 0 Sacks

Kicker

~VS~

Dan Bailey, K #2 - 0 FGM / 0 FGA / 0 XPM / 0 XPA
    Mason Crosby, K #2 - 0 FGM / 0 FGA / 0 XPM / 0 XPA

Click For More Stats

Packers released an unofficial depth chart, Lane Taylor at RG Billy Turner at RT Burks ILB2 Lazard WR2 MVS WR3 Yosh Nijman LT2 Ricky Wagner RT2

I think GB takes this one. Our defensive front dominated their Oline twice last year and they didn't really improve the OL at all. I expect our pass rush to be better this year than it was last year.

Hunter was placed on the IR for the Vikes today, which should be huge. With the Yannick trade, those edge guys were scary, especially since RT is likely to be the weak spot on the OL. Bak was always going to be on an island, but even if Yannick lines up over the RT, it makes me feel better having Bak on an island vs someone other than hunter.

Those edge guys were going to be key for Minn. Their safety tandem is really good, but their corners are really unproven. Being able to legit generate pressure with 4 would be big for them to protect those young dudes, especially early in the year. Not havinf hunter should allow us to take advantage of those corners.

And they offense is a bit iffy. A healthy theilen is really good, but Jefferson has never played a pro game and the rest of the guys are probably even more underwhelming then our guys. If we can stop the run, we should be able to control the game.

Both Davante Adams and Aaron Rodgers have been raving about how good MVS has looked in camp. Hopefully this can carry over and he can finally make the jump and be the deep threat the Packers need.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Both Davante Adams and Aaron Rodgers have been raving about how good MVS has looked in camp. Hopefully this can carry over and he can finally make the jump and be the deep threat the Packers need.
    Ive heard that too. It sounds like he's really been doing the little things well, like running routes and that stuff. If he takes a leap, it could be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Ive heard that too. It sounds like he's really been doing the little things well, like running routes and that stuff. If he takes a leap, it could be huge.
    I said before he was drafted that he had a ton of talent he was just super raw and if he could refine things he would be an amazing receiver. if he could even become a solid #2 the Packers would be set

The one thing that I've always questioned MVS on was his ball tracking skills. It's a really underrated part of the best deep ball guys and I'm never 100% sure that MVS will have that skill. Jordy was phenomenal at it and you barely noticed it. Every throw looked perfect because jordy adjusted his routes so well. Rodgers needs to be better about hitting MVS on his deep route, but MVS could track it better.

Either way, MVS should at worst be a solid #3 type. That being said, if he can take a decent step and lazard can continue his progression. This group could be solid. I still think we could use a young Cobb type if guy. A guy who can play some slot, who can take an end around or screen and make some guys miss. Sounds like Ervin could play that role this year, but long term it would be nice to have more of a true wr type to play that role.

Unrelated, but I wish we would have considered trading for Lynn bowden. Concerning that Oakland traded him already, but it sounds like they thought he was a RB and he played poorly at RB. He's a guy I would have loved as a slot/offensive weapon type of guy. And we should have a bevy of picks next year so I would have given up a 4th for him.

run defense=

Sooo I thought the Packers drafted this Dillon in the 2nd rd for his short yardage ability, why wasn't he used on the goal line?

Also great play by Jaire

i am so glad we didnt draft a wideout and instead got a QB.... we are getting 0 space in the secondary lol.

Moving the ball, but likely will need more than field goals to win.

not since Fritz Shurmur have a i seen such a beautiful corner blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am so glad we didnt draft a wideout and instead got a QB.... we are getting 0 space in the secondary lol.
    the time to draft a WR Rodgers' trust was 2 years ago. where is MVS? how about ESB?

Packers need to pick up the phone and call Antonio Brown tomorrow. This offense would steamroll with one more good wideout.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast