Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Itís more that itís natural turf than the fact that itís bad. During games with rain other teams complain about Heinz Field and how slippery it can get. But they are near the bottom in non-contact season ending injuries.
    Its not just a matter of it being natural. They've had to replace the type of grass they use to try to fix the issue over the years. They re-sodded the field numerous times the first few years and still had a garbage field. Now they use a really dense grass that is grown in a different way. No clue if it's good at this point, but here's the laundry list of issues:

The natural-grass field at Leviís Stadium has made lots of bad headlines.
    When the stadium opened in 2014, it got re-sodded after a week, because field conditions werenít up to snuff during the preseason.

In 2015, the Ravensí Justin Tucker missed a field goal when his plant foot sank deep into the turf.

In 2016, both teams in the Super Bowl had a hard time finding the right footwear to avoid slippage and get traction.

In November 2018, there was lots of slippage during a Niners-Giants game.

In December 2018, Pete Carroll said ďthere were guys slipping all over the place and you could see guys in pass protection, you could see guys on field-goal protection sticking their cleats in the ground and it was moving.Ē The Seahawks coach called the field ďlousy.Ē

There is no empirical way to measure which NFL fields are good and which are bad. Anecdotally, the field here does get complained about a lot. Next to Pittsburghís Heinz Field, it might get the most frequent public complaints of any NFL playing surface.
    The field is like a ****ing sponge. I know PIT, WAS, and CHI have some ****** fields due to location, but SF's issues weren't normal issues IMO.

Weekly eagles update:

Isaac seamalo to IR
    Fletcher cox oblique injury 50/50 to play Sunday
    Jalen reagor UCL tear in thumb: might miss 2 weeks
    Rudy ford groin injury: week to week

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Weekly eagles update:

Isaac seamalo to IR
    Fletcher cox oblique injury 50/50 to play Sunday
    Jalen reagor UCL tear in thumb: might miss 2 weeks
    Rudy ford groin injury: week to week
    Reagor updated to 6-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Injury news/updates

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Reagor updated to 6-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thereís conflicting reports just like the first time he got hurt. Hereís another one

https://twitter.com/RealDGunn/status...619082241?s=20

Though this report kinda doesnít make sense because the eagles are supposedly putting him on IR which is minimum 3 games but heís usually pretty good at reporting so who knows.

Who knows how long reagor will be out but either way I kinda feel like thereís a pattern here of the eagles bringing players back a bit too early
    Last edited by QQQ; 09-23-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Has it been officially confirmed by an eagles source that reagor is going on IR or is it just speculation?

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/statu...679006208?s=20

Early November, maybe the eagles/cowboys game? That would be 5 games missed but again apparently reagor is a very fast healer since he takes steroids and everything so maybe he can come back in 3-4 weeks?

Iím assuming quez Watkins will be back soon and hopefully John hightower can get his act together and alshon Jeffery should be back around that time so maybe the eagles wonít have to rush reagor back.

Injury news/updates

I bet thereíd be less injuries this year if the NFL delayed opening the regular season another month and instead gave each team another full month for training camp. I think a lot of the injuries are because players were sitting on their *** during this coronavirus and then they went into a shortened preseason and forced to go from 0-100 way too fast

Broncos finally have a franchise QB!

Injury news/updates

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Has it been officially confirmed by an eagles source that reagor is going on IR or is it just speculation?
    I just wanted to bump this.

I really donít know how these things work, Jalen reagor has shown up on the injury report both yesterday and today as a DNP (did not practice) and is listed as OUT for Sundayís game against the bengals..

***My question is this: arenít injured reserve players usually taken off the injury report?

It wouldnít make sense to add him to the injury report if they donít have to because being on the IR would mean heís not on the active roster.. I think he never was added and it was always just speculation that he would go on the IR but I think the eagles are holding out hope that he will be available to play in a few weeks time (whether thatís a good idea or not).

Reagor is not on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Reagor is not on IR.
    Ok. Yeah I didnít think he was, I think that was just speculation so the reports that he will miss 5+ games may not necessarily be true. He might only miss a few games

so he didn't have surgery on his thumb?

Injury news/updates

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    He did have surgery but I guess the eagles are hoping that he can come back before the minimum 3 games that is required for being put on IR.

The eagles have done this before, bringing players back earlier from injury than they should have. Personally, I hope heís back when heís 100% whether that is 2 games or 6, no need to have another Desean Jackson issue like last year where he got hurt 2nd game, didnít have surgery, and was basically like an old grandma out there in the other 2 games that he played
    Last edited by QQQ; 09-26-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    Yes, but he can probably play with a cast after a couple weeks.

I think most importantly tho is that they want him participating in practice, because he's a rookie.

Can't do that while on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yes, but he can probably play with a cast after a couple weeks.

I think most importantly tho is that they want him participating in practice, because he's a rookie.

Can't do that while on IR.
    Thatís true, get him reps in practice even if he canít play in games

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast