Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Cam has one good game and now we forget all the reasons why 31 teams passed on him when they could of had him almost for free without giving anything up.
    One? Good?

Have you watched him?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Not me.
    Not I.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not I.
    Absolutely me!

One? Good?

Have you watched him?
    At most two which is a silly sample size.
    The first game he threw for 150 with no TD passes?
    And if silly small sample sizes are allowed Seattle has the worst passing defense in the NFL. Pretty sure no matter the QB the pats would be 1 and 1.
    Again heís played well but letís wait a bit before we crown him.

I'll take Camb Newt at this price for sure.

And if silly small sample sizes are allowed Seattle has the worst passing defense in the NFL. Pretty sure no matter the QB the pats would be 1 and 1.
    Itís only a small sample size for those that felt, amusingly enough, that Cam hasnít always been a very good and talented QB. People make far too many hot takes when guys underperform due to injury and not skill.

Itís only a small sample size for those that felt, amusingly enough, that Cam hasnít always been a very good and talented QB. People make far too many hot takes when guys underperform due to injury and not skill.
    I guess your referring to the 31 GMs who did a hard pass on him? 32 if you count BB who gave everyone an opportunity to sign him.

150 yards while completing nearly 80% of his passes in a new scheme with a team he joined like 2 months ago; also conveniently leave off the 75 yards, 2 rushing TDs and 0 turnovers. I'm pretty sure you're the one who implied he wasn't smart enough to run the Pats scheme, so that's odd to see him with nearly 700 yards, 5 TDs, and 1 INT through two games.

I guess your referring to the 31 GMs who did a hard pass on him? 32 if you count BB who gave everyone an opportunity to sign him.
    Why would you include any team who has a franchise guy? Itís also very possible he didnít want to go in as a backup either.

NFC East - Maybe the FT wouldíve taken a chance
    NFC South - umm no one?
    NFC North - umm maybe the Bears (not sure if he was released after the Foles trade)
    NFC West - nope
    AFC East - Miami and NE
    AFC North - Nope but maybe Pitt if they werenít sure of Ben
    AFC South - not sure if after Rivers or not and then maybe JAX. TN was sticking with tanny
    AFC West - Maybe Raiders? Maybe Chargers?

So maybe at most 9 teams passed on him with one of those signing him.

He had injury and uncertainty round him. Nothing to do with talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Why would you include any team who has a franchise guy? Itís also very possible he didnít want to go in as a backup either.

NFC East - Maybe the FT wouldíve taken a chance
    NFC South - umm no one?
    NFC North - umm maybe the Bears (not sure if he was released after the Foles trade)
    NFC West - nope
    AFC East - Miami and NE
    AFC North - Nope but maybe Pitt if they werenít sure of Ben
    AFC South - not sure if after Rivers or not and then maybe JAX. TN was sticking with tanny
    AFC West - Maybe Raiders? Maybe Chargers?

So maybe at most 9 teams passed on him with one of those signing him.

He had injury and uncertainty round him. Nothing to do with talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your point is well taken but at the end of the day there was only one team somewhat interested if the price was right.
    The injury slash Covid is a very lame excuse IMO. Any team could of said hey the tape excites us but weíre concerned about the injuries so we will offer an incentive based contract with almost no guarantees.
    Teams could of fully protected themselves contractually. The truth is that no one was excited.
    From the very beginning I said it would be very difficult for him to be a starter this year and wouldnít get payed. One team made an offer and it was for peanuts. Not the 25 million that MBC predicted.
    So far Iíve been pretty spot on.

And if silly small sample sizes are allowed Seattle has the worst passing defense in the NFL.
    lmao

Maybe that's because one of their two games was against Cam.

Also the "small sample size" argument is kinda silly when we're discussing Cam's performance over 2 games, which has unquestionably been good/great. Who's crowning him?

There's a big difference between "giving everyone an opportunity to sign him" and "expecting that nobody would sign him as a starter".

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    2 wins by the skin of their teeth against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL.
    A lot of games have been close this year, due to lack of preseason, probably.

14+ pt games:
    Chiefs vs Texans
    Ravens vs Browns
    Rams vs Eagles
    49ers vs Jets
    Packers vs Lions
    Colts vs Vikings
    Cardinals vs Washington
    Ravens vs Texans

A lot more 3/4/6/7 pt games out there.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That was pretty much what I preached all offseason. There were probably 10 teams that realistically could have signed Cam but are too worried about their mediocre or young QB and didn't want to deal with the politics that come with QB controversy. There were probably 15-20 teams Cam could've outright won a QB competition in.

Should've signed/traded for him: Colts, Chargers, Jets, Pats, Phins, PANTHERS, Bears, WFT.

Could've signed him and he'd have won an open competition: Jags, Broncos, Raiders, Browns, Bengals, Giants

Teams with an entrenched starter who he has an argument of being better than: Bills, 49ers, Rams, Vikes, Lions, Cowboys, Eagles

At the very least, you've got 7 teams looking ****ing stupid for not signing him, and a few others who might regret it. Now they can all watch him transform a very lackluster offense into a ****ing circus show. He's not gonna have games like he had against SEA every week, because that offense really isn't built for it, but he's going to keep making life hell for defenses. If the Pats fix their defense, they're a WR trade away from being a legit threat with Cam.
    The only person looking "****ing stupid" is you, really.

Half the teams you listed have a rookie-deal QB and can't sign Cam for the same reason the Bears couldn't sign Cam. GM might as well resign if they're replacing their own QB pick.

Colts -- already had a loaded enough backfield without an RB/QB stealing carries.
    Chargers -- Anthony Lynn was hired based on working with Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo, to run the same offense he ran in Buffalo.
    Jets -- Gase, and not going to replace Darnold. Had a chance to with the GM who picked Darnold being fired though.
    Pats -- they did sign him, which says a lot about your "should have signed him" list. Signing him seems more about BB vs Brady than the good of the Patriots, who need a rebuild despite their defense looking decent last year. Between the COVID holdouts and Gilmore regressing, not looking like the D will be good this year.
    Phins -- again, GM would be resigning here. Cam can't mentor a young QB, bad locker room presence, and they're not really trying to win, they're trying to draft support for Tua.
    Panthers -- don't need a running QB with questionable accuracy downfield when you have CMC, Cam also likely not a culture fit for the new offense being installed there.
    Bears -- GM not resigning, not replacing rookie deal QB.
    WFT -- GM not resigning, not replacing rookie deal QB.

Jags -- not trying to win, trying to evaluate Minshew and possibly draft a QB. Signing Cam means GM fired.
    Broncos -- Elway, QBs, that's all. Anyone who watches the NFL knows this wouldn't happen.
    Raiders -- Gruden's offense and Cam don't mix. Gruden seemed to be taking a chance on Carr that seems to be paying off so far.
    Browns -- GM fired if Baker was wrong call, so not signing another QB. Outside of that, this is the only suggestion that actually makes sense so far, as the Browns are trying to win.
    Bengals -- GM fired if replacing QB he literally just picked.
    Giants -- somewhat similar to Jets given Jones is probably not the answer, but have bigger issues to deal with. With Barkley out again, tanking the season.

Bills -- Allen is a do-over on the things they messed up with Cam. The only edge Cam has over Allen is number of injuries.
    49ers -- obviously don't watch the NFL if you think the 49ers can replace their QB without players holding out. No culture fit for Cam.
    Rams -- cap space, mostly. After BB runs Cam into the ground with the Lamar offense, the Rams will probably find a way to sign Cam. If they do, it will likely be what ultimately ends McVay's job in LA.
    Vikes -- Cousins does throw a lot of short passes, which Cam would be suited for. They'd have to trade Cousins, and no one is buying.
    Lions -- would have to trade Stafford, no one is buying there either.
    Cowboys --
    Eagles -- Wentz's contract would be a problem here, and they're already lined up to replace him with Hurtz. Unclear if they're win now or rebuilding. Would be "fewer weapons" for Cam than his time in Carolina, Cam wouldn't sign there.

2020:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    lmao

Maybe that's because one of their two games was against Cam.

Also the "small sample size" argument is kinda silly when we're discussing Cam's performance over 2 games, which has unquestionably been good/great. Who's crowning him?

There's a big difference between "giving everyone an opportunity to sign him" and "expecting that nobody would sign him as a starter".
    I never said he wouldnít start. Just that it would be very iffy if he would. That there would be no bidding wars and that he would get payed very little. Very spot on.
    As far as the Seattle Defense goes the cam game was there best played yet. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    150 yards while completing nearly 80% of his passes in a new scheme with a team he joined like 2 months ago; also conveniently leave off the 75 yards, 2 rushing TDs and 0 turnovers. I'm pretty sure you're the one who implied he wasn't smart enough to run the Pats scheme, so that's odd to see him with nearly 700 yards, 5 TDs, and 1 INT through two games.
    Matt Ryan vs Seahawks
    450 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT (Gurley: 56 yards, 1 TD)

Cam vs Seahawks
    397 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (47 yards rushing, 2 TD vultured from Sony Michel)

Josh Allen vs Miami
    417 yards, 4 TDs (18 yards rushing, Singletary: 56 yards)

Cam vs Miami
    155 yards, 0 TDs (75 yards rushing, 2 TDs vultured from Sony Michel)

So far he has underperformed against the weak defenses he has faced. The only thing propping up his stats is that NE effectively has no RB with Cam in the game.

2020:

-Scott van Pelt

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast