Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The guys you specifically mentioned are the type of guys that BB would let walk, not the type of guys he'd overpay in FA. Juju isn't worth a top 10 contract and BB churns out Dupree level defenders on a consistent basis and routinely lets them walk, no way he throws 15-20M/season at him.

If Cam works out to the extent that he continues making that weak offense look good there's no way he doesn't get tagged or a team friendly 2-3 year extension. Why throw your future into the hands of a rookie when you can win now? Even with my Cam biases aside, who would take an overrated WR and EDGE for 30M/season over a franchise QB?

I do think BB isn't gonna hesitate to run Cam into the dirt to get wins, but I don't buy that he's just experimenting with dual threats while eyeing top 5 picks. Cam's not a generic dual threat, he's a physical runner who is better passing from the pocket than on the run, so if you're experimenting you're not likely to find one like him. If he wanted a top 5 pick he'd have traded for Brisset or drafted a random athletic QB.
    Is the market for those guys going to be 15-20m next year? Cap projected to take a steep drop. Thatís bound to have some impact.

Iím hoping that if BB goes into an offseason with a ton of cap in a year where teams have to cut more guys than usual just to get under that he can clean up pretty well.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Imagine that. Juju plays with an actual QB and he looks good again. Itís almost like Mason and Duck suck that much.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Is the market for those guys going to be 15-20m next year? Cap projected to take a steep drop. Thatís bound to have some impact.

Iím hoping that if BB goes into an offseason with a ton of cap in a year where teams have to cut more guys than usual just to get under that he can clean up pretty well.
    That's a good point i didn't consider. But I still expect those guys coming off of their rookie deals to get bigger contracts. If Juju signed for 15M he would be the 15th highest paid WR; Dupree at 15M would be the 21st highest paid EDGE. Those guys aren't taking a Pats discount, they're looking for top pay and teams like the Jags/Browns/Jets always seem to have plenty of cap to overpay with.

I expect the Pats to get guys who are coming off their first big deal or are over 30. I see guys like AJ Green, Kawann Short, Ryan Kerrigan, and Zach Ertz as potential targets in FA.

And I don't see any scenario where BB pays a kings random to move on a top 5 pick to draft a rookie QB. Hes 68 years old, I think the oldest coach ever was like 70. I can't imagine BB is gonna hang around waiting for a rookie to develop for 3 years. I legitimately think his plan is to try to build around Cam or Stidham for the next few years and then retire.

That's a good point i didn't consider. But I still expect those guys coming off of their rookie deals to get bigger contracts. If Juju signed for 15M he would be the 15th highest paid WR; Dupree at 15M would be the 21st highest paid EDGE. Those guys aren't taking a Pats discount, they're looking for top pay and teams like the Jags/Browns/Jets always seem to have plenty of cap to overpay with.

I expect the Pats to get guys who are coming off their first big deal or are over 30. I see guys like AJ Green, Kawann Short, Ryan Kerrigan, and Zach Ertz as potential targets in FA.

And I don't see any scenario where BB pays a kings random to move on a top 5 pick to draft a rookie QB. Hes 68 years old, I think the oldest coach ever was like 70. I can't imagine BB is gonna hang around waiting for a rookie to develop for 3 years. I legitimately think his plan is to try to build around Cam or Stidham for the next few years and then retire.
    I think heíll try for some younger guys. Not saying top of the market so didnít mean to imply that. But I can see him trying for some guys getting their first ďbigĒ deals that arenít really that big. Just sprinkle in a few guy that can be pieces for multiple seasons rather than veteran stop gap types.

Example: Lawrence Guy was signed to a modest deal for his age 27-30 seasons. That type of age/caliber player. And heís not a star but heís been a key cog here.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think the Cam thing really depends on one thing we don't know: would BB want to spend on full positional spots or just one or two guys. I can see Juju Smith-Schuester being BB's biggest target this offseason. A WR that plays 3 spots, solid route runner, runs the full tree? That's 100% a Pats type player.

The reason I really bring that up though about the trade up and Cam thing is having Justin Fields on a rookie contract VS the $25-32 mil you might have to spend on Cam should he have a good year makes more long term sense IMO. It affords almost two extra players to bolster positions and gives another year or two of cap space.

This is just my not knowing BB great as a cap guy, but he's generally always somehow built in an option year for players on a trial basis like Cam just in case they did really well, then worst case is you pick up the option then extend him. That didn't happen with Cam. Now if that was Cam's choice that's one thing, but it also means the next option for the Pats is to tag him at likely $37-39 mil which is most your space. Makes me feel Cam really was a 1 year thing.
    Y'all are going to move on from Juju?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Looks like they're sitting at 17M over the cap for 2021 with only 36 players signed. I didn't realize they were in a hole that bad. If Ben retires I think they save 20M.

Looks like they're sitting at 17M over the cap for 2021 with only 36 players signed. I didn't realize they were in a hole that bad. If Ben retires I think they save 20M.
    Oof

With roll over cap from this year (they have a massive amount IIRC).
    Because of voluntary COVID sitouts, they were over the cap before all those players "decided" to sit. Presumably that $30M in salary comes back next year, with potentially a reduced overall cap due to lower revenues from COVID this year.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Were likely losing Juju, Conner, and Dupree. Watt will be on his 5th year tag and inline for a $28-30 mil a year contract.

Imagine that. Juju plays with an actual QB and he looks good again. Itís almost like Mason and Duck suck that much.
    Currently ranked T32 among receivers, after playing a soft opponent. Roll out the red carpet for the guy barely outplaying Terry McLaurin!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Were likely losing Juju, Conner, and Dupree. Watt will be on his 5th year tag and inline for a $28-30 mil a year contract.
    Damn, isn't the top EDGE contract still like 22M/season?

Has Cam ever looked better or more confident ? BB is flexing some muscle right now . Yeah they lost @ Seattle but they were right there .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Has Cam ever looked better or more confident ? BB is flexing some muscle right now . Yeah they lost @ Seattle but they were right there .
    he def does look good... make me sick

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he def does look good... make me sick
    The idea of Cam actually being a good QB makes you sick?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The idea of Cam actually being a good QB makes you sick?
    I wonder if its more like he was avaliable for the taking.

Bears going foles over cam depresses me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast