Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

    2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

    0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

    0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

    1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

    0 0%
  • Karl Malone

    0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

    4 50.00%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

    1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

    0 0%
  • Rick Barry

    0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

    0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

    0 0%
  • John Havlicek

    0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

    0 0%
  • Steve Nash

    0 0%
  • John Stockton

    0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

    0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

    0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

    0 0%
  • Willis Reed

    0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

    0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

    0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

    0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

    0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

    0 0%
  • Grant Hill

    0 0%
  • George Gervin

    0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

    0 0%
  • George Mikan

    0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

    0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,874

    OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #23 (Only 3 spots left)

    Generally when discussing the GOAT player it is important that you look at their career. MVPs / Rings / All-NBA Teams / etc. But this ranking throws all that out the window. 1 game. At their absolute best. Who you taking?

    #1.) Michael Jordan
    #2.) LeBron James
    #3.) Shaquille O'Neal
    #4.) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    #5.) Wilt Chamberlain
    #6.) Larry Bird
    #7.) Hakeem Olajuwon
    #8.) Magic Johnson
    #9.) Tim Duncan
    #10.) Moses Malone
    #11.) Bill Russell
    #12.) Kawhi Leonard
    #13.) Kevin Durant
    #14.) Stephen Curry
    #15.) Dwyane Wade
    #16.) Kobe Bryant
    #17.) Dirk Nowitzki
    #18.) Kevin Garnett
    #19.) Bill Walton
    #20.) Jerry West
    #21.) Oscar Robertson
    #22.) David Robinson
    #23.)
    #24.)
    #25.)


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,293
    Lol...trash

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,874
    MUST BE ON THERE:
    NONE

    DESERVING:
    Karl Malone
    James Harden
    Charles Barkley
    Rick Barry
    Julius Erving
    Elgin Baylor
    Dr. J
    Scottie Pippen

    WILD CARDS:
    Giannis
    T-Mac


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,874
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Lol...trash


    Why???????????????????????????? I will never understand. Like you feel "cool" because you went on an internet forum and called a voted on list of all-time players "trash". It's mind-boggling to me. Aren't we all on here to talk sports and debate players? Do any 2 people have the same exact same opinion? That's the fun of PSD. Do me a favor buddy, either vote for a player or move on to another thread. I'm enjoying the list.

    For the record, I think the top 9 is spot on. It's not my personal order but the top 9 is the right players. I also think every player from #10 to #22 is deserving of a spot in the top 25. They are all legends and have MVPs on their resumes. Making a list like this is hard. For example, I think if Karl Malone and Charles Barkley were ranked #12 and #13 on this list no one would even notice. They make sense there a few spots after Duncan. Yet, they might not even make the top 25.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,874
    At his peak Karl Malone was playing 40 minutes and giving you an efficient 28/10/4 with a mid-range game and all-nba 1st team defense.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,874
    Maybe it's Pippen... one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all-time who could shoot, drive, rebound, and pass. So easy to build a team around him.

    I'm really tempted to go with a 2-way guy here and I don't know what the hell to do with Baylor. We put West and Oscar on the list...


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,707
    I've really got to think here. My shortlist is Dr. J, Malone, Barkley, and Nash.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,874
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've really got to think here. My shortlist is Dr. J, Malone, Barkley, and Nash.
    Are you sure you would rather have Dr. J / Nash over Pippen?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,710
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Are you sure you would rather have Dr. J / Nash over Pippen?
    I would.

    Pippen is a secondary, complementary player more than he's a go-to elite offensive weapon who can carry you to a win night in and night out. He does a lot of things well, but if I can have one guy for one game, I want the elite offensive scoring threat who can give me 35/6/5, not the the jack of all trades who's probably going to give me 18/7/7. Pippen would be super far down this list for me.

    I'm going to continue to select Harden. And if it's not him, I'd go with Barkley, Dr. J or Giannis.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,710
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've really got to think here. My shortlist is Dr. J, Malone, Barkley, and Nash.
    OK, what's your justification for Nash over Harden? Both played with D'Antoni and have so-so playoff resumes. Both guys were known for being sub-par defenders. But Harden is clearly the superior basketball player. Like I don't even know how you begin to make an argument for peak Nash over peak Harden when Harden dominates Nash in so many aspects of the game and by a mile statistically.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,874
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I would.

    Pippen is a secondary, complementary player more than he's a go-to elite offensive weapon who can carry you to a win night in and night out. He does a lot of things well, but if I can have one guy for one game, I want the elite offensive scoring threat who can give me 35/6/5, not the the jack of all trades who's probably going to give me 18/7/7. Pippen would be super far down this list for me.

    I'm going to continue to select Harden. And if it's not him, I'd go with Barkley, Dr. J or Giannis.
    But why do I have to take my "go-to scorer" with my first pick? Plus, I just think Pippen is a better overall player than Harden.

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    OK, what's your justification for Nash over Harden? Both played with D'Antoni and have so-so playoff resumes. Both guys were known for being sub-par defenders. But Harden is clearly the superior basketball player. Like I don't even know how you begin to make an argument for peak Nash over peak Harden when Harden dominates Nash in so many aspects of the game and by a mile statistically.
    Nash makes players around him better and keeps everyone involved which makes it harder to game-plan against him in the playoffs?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,710
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    But why do I have to take my "go-to scorer" with my first pick? Plus, I just think Pippen is a better overall player than Harden.
    That's the biggest flaw with the whole concept of this idea, though. You've given posters no context for the team around them. You're saying "You get this one player for one game at his peak, regardless of the talent and teammates around him." So I can't assume I have another elite scorer on this team who's going to carry the load if Pippen isn't putting up 25-30 points every night.

    Under these circumstances, I pretty much have to assume that every other player on this hypothetical, unknown roster is a worse scorer than the peak player I'm picking. And if that's the case, I'm almost always going to want the superior offensive threat to the jack of all trades. If your argument was "who is the better player at their peak," I might approach this differently, but that's not the question you're asking.

    Nash makes players around him better and keeps everyone involved which makes it harder to game-plan against him in the playoffs?
    OK, but at what point does that argument no longer hold wait? Nash made players around him better than Kobe did. Does that mean Nash should be ranked higher on this list than Kobe? You could argue that Magic made players around him better more so than Jordan and Shaq. Should he be ranked higher?

    I just don't buy that argument when you have a guy who at his peak scored nearly twice as many points per game and had a superior all-around game. Especially when you consider that Harden is a phenomenal passer and playmaker for others. The gap between Nash and Harden's playmaking isn't remotely as large as the gap between Harden and Nash's individual scoring ability. And when you factor in that Harden is the superior player on the defensive end and has vastly superior statistics (regular and postseason), I just don't understand the logic behind that decision.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,707
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I just don't buy that argument when you have a guy who at his peak scored nearly twice as many points per game and had a superior all-around game. Especially when you consider that Harden is a phenomenal passer and playmaker for others. The gap between Nash and Harden's playmaking isn't remotely as large as the gap between Harden and Nash's individual scoring ability. And when you factor in that Harden is the superior player on the defensive end and has vastly superior statistics (regular and postseason), I just don't understand the logic behind that decision.
    Because Steve Nash by himself pretty much guarantees you have the best offense in the league. His offenses were always #1 or #2 in Ortg, even when losing Amare for the entire year. And in the playoffs, his offenses had a higher TS% relative to the rest of the league than any other offense in NBA history.

    As for individual scoring ability, what separates them is actually Harden's volume (and obviously Harden is a more skilled scorer in terms of how many different ways he can score). But Nash's scoring is very underrated. He had a .604 TS% on Phoenix in the playoffs (compared to .578% for Harden on Houston), and is statistically one of the best pull-up 3pt shooters ever, despite only taking 3-4 attempts a game. If you put Steve Nash in a modern offense where he puts up 7 3's a game, his efficiency and scoring would skyrocket.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,699

    OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #23 (Only 3 spots left)

    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Maybe it's Pippen... one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all-time who could shoot, drive, rebound, and pass. So easy to build a team around him.

    I'm really tempted to go with a 2-way guy here and I don't know what the hell to do with Baylor. We put West and Oscar on the list...
    So easy to build a team around him? What are you talking about? Seriously Pippen is horrendous take. He couldnít shoot or drive. He could finish on the break and was a decent play maker. I know you donít think post season matters but Pippen wasnít that good in the regular season and dipped


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-14-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,699
    Why not Shawm Marion or Shane Battier? Draymond Green?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •