Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If Harden Gets traded… Where to?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knicks

1 14.29%
  • Spurs

0 0%
  • Boston

0 0%
  • Bucks

0 0%
  • Portland

0 0%
  • OKC lol

0 0%
  • Denver

0 0%
  • Cavs

0 0%
  • Hawks

0 0%
  • Bulls

0 0%
  • Raptors

0 0%
  • 76ers

1 14.29%
  • Magic

0 0%
  • Pistons

0 0%
  • Pelicans

0 0%
  • Westbrook will get traded

2 28.57%
  • Harden will not Get Traded

4 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Is it Time to Trade James Harden? (Reports)

"Trading James Harden is the Only Option Left"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUIZ...annel=SWISHOUT

"Why The Rockets Will Trade James Harden..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvs8...channel=Swaggy

The Rockets need to trade James Harden
    In their current iteration, these Rockets are nowhere near NBA title contenders. We saw it last season when the team came up small against the Kevin Durant-less Golden State Warriors. It’s on the verge of being repeated this season.
    Morey deserves some of the blame in that he built a small-ball lineup that was always going to struggle against bigger teams. Thursday night’s loss magnified this. Anthony Davis and LeBron James secured more combined rebounds (27) than the entire Rockets team (26). That’s just not acceptable.
    It now has to be clear to Morey that these Rockets in their current form can’t compete with the big boys in the NBA. Remember, the general manager noted ahead of the playoffs that it was championship or bust. How’s that working out?
    James Harden and Russell Westbrook are not a fit
    Remember, this duo teamed up in Oklahoma City with Kevin Durant. Three future Hall of Famers. Three generational talents. Zero NBA titles.
    That should have been seen as a warning sign for Morey before he pulled off the blockbuster trade for Westbrook last summer. Sadly, he did not take note.
    After one more season together, it’s become clear that this pairing is not in any way capable of leading Houston to championship contention. And in reality, Westbrook’s contract is nearly impossible to trade. Houston is stuck with him for the foreseeable future.
    James Harden trade could help Rockets expedite a rebuild
    We saw it first-hand with the Oklahoma City Thunder team this season. After trading Paul George and Westbrook away last summer, the expectation was that Oklahoma City was in the early stages of a rebuild.
    That did not come to fruition. Led by Chris Paul and a cast of youngsters, Oklahoma City earned a spot in the NBA Playoffs and performed well against these very same Rockets in the first round.
    Something similar could be in the cards for Houston should it decide to blow this whole thing up. Even with his playoff struggles, Harden would be a coveted asset on the trade market. Houston would net a whole lot in return.

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/09/rocke...-harden-trade/
    I believe they will move Westbrook first of course...

Also, as long as Harden doesn't ever end up in Miami, I don't care where he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

No chance they trade him. 0%.

I'm sure they can find a taker for Westbrook, that's insane they suggest otherwise. He averaged 27 per game.

You think if they called Orlando, they couldn't get Gordon & Aminu knowing Isaac is the future at PF anyway?

First off, your headline is inaccurate by suggesting there are legitimate reports out there saying Harden might get traded. I haven't heard of any of these sources you cited, and it feels like these are all just opinion pieces. Find me a legitimate source out there suggesting that people in the know think this could happen based on sources close to Harden or the team, and I'll take it seriously. At this point, there isn't any reason to suggest that's the case.

On to your actual question, could he get dealt after this season? Sure. I won't rule anything out, especially with the ****, cheapskate owner in Houston. But he and Westbrook are owed a ton of money. You can't really blow it up without moving both of those guys, and you can't move Russ without taking back an awful contract in return and probably having to move more contracts along the way.

I still think Harden and Westbrook are here to stay at least until they're much closer to the end of their contracts. But who knows. In summer 2019, I claimed there was no chance Chris Paul would be moved, and I was dead wrong about that. But if I were a competent owner and/or GM, I'd recognize that you're much closer to a title today than you will be if you get rid of a star player with a few years of prime left.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    First off, your headline is inaccurate by suggesting there are legitimate reports out there saying Harden might get traded. I haven't heard of any of these sources you cited, and it feels like these are all just opinion pieces. Find me a legitimate source out there suggesting that people in the know think this could happen based on sources close to Harden or the team, and I'll take it seriously. At this point, there isn't any reason to suggest that's the case.

Agreed...

But YOU KNOW this will be the major headlines as soon as the Rockets are eliminated (if).

But it's a sports forum. & all of us know they would try to move Westbrook first. So lets just discuss.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    No chance they trade him. 0%.

I'm sure they can find a taker for Westbrook, that's insane they suggest otherwise. He averaged 27 per game.

You think if they called Orlando, they couldn't get Gordon & Aminu knowing Isaac is the future at PF anyway?
    Orlando, Knicks, Pistons, & the Cavs would trade for Westbrook, I believe.

Westbrook's contract makes him neigh untradeable. That being said, if any GM can find a trade for Westbrook, it's Morey.

Luka/Harden backcourt in Dallas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Agreed...

But YOU KNOW this will be the major headlines as soon as the Rockets are eliminated (if).

But it's a sports forum. & all of us know they would try to move Westbrook first. So lets just discuss.
    OK, and that's fine. But opinion does not equate to rumor and even rumor does not equate to accuracy. I'm happy to talk about this from a hypothetical standpoint—I just take issue with the title of the thread with "(reports)" included.

Bottom line, though, do I think it's likely Harden is dealt? No. And if Morey keeps his job, I'd put the odds of a Harden trade at pretty damn close to 0%. If Morey gets canned, that percentage shoots up in a hurry, though...

He will be traded, it’s the end of an era. Dude was like 2-12 last night and didn’t even attempt a shot in the 4th. He’s done.

If available Dade County you already know 100% well gauge the asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Westbrook's contract makes him neigh untradeable. That being said, if any GM can find a trade for Westbrook, it's Morey.
    When I saw Joe Johnson traded to the Nets will 4 years, $85M left on his deal back in 2012, I learned anyone can be traded, regardless of how impossible it may seem.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    He will be traded, it’s the end of an era. Dude was like 2-12 last night and didn’t even attempt a shot in the 4th. He’s done.

If available Dade County you already know 100% well gauge the asking price.
    No, he won't. You're basing whether a team will move on from its franchise player of nearly a decade based on one playoff performance in a game where the whole team played like garbage and he was getting doubled nearly every possession. You're just projecting what you think should happen, not using any logic to think it through.

Trade Ben for him. Phlopidelphia Seventyfloppers.

No, he won't. You're basing whether a team will move on from its franchise player of nearly a decade based on one playoff performance in a game where the whole team played like garbage and he was getting doubled nearly every possession. You're just projecting what you think should happen, not using any logic to think it through.
    The writings on the wall. They tried Dwight, they tried CP3, now they’ve tried Westbrook and have capped themselves out. There not much room for improvement if any at all. System doesn’t work it was never going to work. We’ll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    The writings on the wall. They tried Dwight, they tried CP3, now they’ve tried Westbrook and have capped themselves out. There not much room for improvement if any at all. System doesn’t work it was never going to work. We’ll see what happens.
    That may be fair. But "we've tried X, Y and Z and didn't win a title" is not a justification for trading your superstar player when he's still got prime years left on his contract. I brought up the Dirk example in the other thread as a prime example of a team that didn't get it done and could have moved its star player, but kept him around just to shock the league and win a title when no one was expecting it.

Bottom line, if you have a top 5ish player in the league, you'll do everything possible to keep that guy happy and on your roster as long as you possibly can. Because it might be another 20-30 years before you get a player that talented again. Also, they've been capped out for a while now, so that's not really anything new. Your logic just doesn't follow. You just think he should be dealt based on your own personal narrative and beliefs.

That may be fair. But "we've tried X, Y and Z and didn't win a title" is not a justification for trading your superstar player when he's still got prime years left on his contract. I brought up the Dirk example in the other thread as a prime example of a team that didn't get it done and could have moved its star player, but kept him around just to shock the league and win a title when no one was expecting it.

Bottom line, if you have a top 5ish player in the league, you'll do everything possible to keep that guy happy and on your roster as long as you possibly can. Because it might be another 20-30 years before you get a player that talented again. Also, they've been capped out for a while now, so that's not really anything new. Your logic just doesn't follow. You just think he should be dealt based on your own personal narrative and beliefs.
    Fair enough, we shall see. It’s going to be really interesting summer I think. Rumors is the trade market is going to be super hot compared to FA. There’s going to be a lot of rumors around him and Westbrook especially if Morey and coach are gone.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast