Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

4 50.00%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I agree. Nash vs. Harden is a different type of debate at least. Drexler and Harden do the same thing and Harden does it wayyyyyyyy better.
    Drexler in today's game would benefit in much the same ways as MJ. Its a decent argument, his champ run is underrated

I agree. Nash vs. Harden is a different type of debate at least. Drexler and Harden do the same thing and Harden does it wayyyyyyyy better.
    other than Drexler actually was an above average defender, while Harden only tries once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    other than Drexler actually was an above average defender, while Harden only tries once in awhile.
    That narrative is so three years ago. Clearly you're not paying attention. Also, Drexler being a competent defender doesn't make up for the massive edge Harden has on the offensive side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Sure he was. I agree its not close, drob ***** the bed in the playoffs whereas walton balled out. Wtf does superior to his own stats even mean, that's not even English brethren.

RS are rarely worth mentioning when your game declines as much as his did. Zero evidence? Lol, sure buddy. I wouldn't trust you to interpret any numbers so spare me the novice takes. Team influence is what matters most.
    Lol, more nonsense from you. You couldn’t prove any of what you said buddy. Walton’s best playoff numbers are worse than the 10 best playoff numbers of Drob.

Oh his team won...because he had better teammates.

Facts are David Robinson playoff numbers are better than Walton’s by every statistic imagined. His regular season numbers are astronomically better son. STOP lying to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That narrative is so three years ago. Clearly you're not paying attention. Also, Drexler being a competent defender doesn't make up for the massive edge Harden has on the offensive side of the ball.
    The narrative will never change even if Harden becomes Kawhi Leonard.

Dirk is still regarded as a subpar defender in spite of every defensive metric showing that post 2007, he wasn't just a good defender, he was a great defender. Article after article couldn't change the narrative.

I suppose Harden is Black and Dirk is White... he at least has that going for him. Perhaps I'm wrong.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Lol, more nonsense from you. You couldn’t prove any of what you said buddy. Walton’s best playoff numbers are worse than the 10 best playoff numbers of Drob.

Oh his team won...because he had better teammates.

Facts are David Robinson playoff numbers are better than Walton’s by every statistic imagined. His regular season numbers are astronomically better son. STOP lying to yourself.
    Just more truth bombs bruh. You couldn't prove ****, you think I trust your interpretation of "numbers"? lol, pass

Nope, his team was rudderless without him, you would know this if you knew your hoops. His team was trash without him, like prolly one of the greater team influence guys by the numbers but I'll admit, I've not done a deep dive into those Blazers.

As I've said, I dont much care for the RS outside of establishing a baseline of expectations. DRob fell short every year, we mightve underrated him a tad but its not this outlandish claim to have Walton ahead of him. Your misuse of statistics goes against what the inventors of said statistics intended, its a slap in the face to all objective analysis to think as simply as you have in using their tools.You sir, are not ready to use those guns, put them down.

Those are both very far-fetched scenarios.
    Not really, sometimes depends on team build but there is a point in the talent department where an inferior alpha isn't better than an elite complimentary players.

As a Tmac fan, I saw this play out in Houston in his final run as an all-star. Shane Battier was more vital to the team, so long as 1 guy was around to run the offense through. Like when Yao was around, Battier was more important than Tmac that final all-star run. When Yao went out tho, thats when Tmac became their MVP. However, in a redraft type game, I presumably already have a guy I can run the offense through thats better than a past his prime Tmac (like Yao was) then I'll take Battier.

Thats not what this thread is about though, I'm thinking we're grading guys who we want as #1's. Which is why I think D-Rob is less ideal, as a secondary guy tho, D-Rob looks alot sexier.

Next time I have a free 1 hour and 23 minutes I know what I'm doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewa6w_Bywi4
    Could never imagine fans storming the court like that today. Controversial possession with the crowd damn near on the court and the bench inching closer during live play with an arguable foul call in the final seconds. Its like the fans willed that win before a ref could dare blow the whistle.

Different era, different vibes in the country

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456