Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

4 50.00%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Barkley is a great choice here. Peak Barkley was something else.
    yeah, after Bird/Magic got old/sick it was Jordan, then Drexler, Olajuwon and Barkley. Both of Sir Charles and The Glide were unstoppable in their prime.

That Barkley support came out of nowhere.

0 votes for 22 polls.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Malone regularly owned drob and I have chuck above him, so im going chuck
    What happened to T-Mac?

Kristaps Porzingis

I'm good with Barkley. I'd have him over some of the guys on this list. But if Harden doesn't make this list, I riot.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm good with Barkley. I'd have him over some of the guys on this list. But if Harden doesn't make this list, I riot.
    He's only got 2 chances left. You gotta get AntiG on your side so he stops wasting his vote for Clyde "Jill Stein" Drexler.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    He's only got 2 chances left. You gotta get AntiG on your side so he stops wasting his vote for Clyde "Jill Stein" Drexler.
    I don't understand a vote for Drexler over Harden. He's maybe more athletic, but that's pretty much all he's got in his favor. Dude was a phenomenal talent, but was never as good within his respective era as Harden has been in his, and Harden is just a much more skilled all around basketball player.

I don't understand a vote for Drexler over Harden. He's maybe more athletic, but that's pretty much all he's got in his favor. Dude was a phenomenal talent, but was never as good within his respective era as Harden has been in his, and Harden is just a much more skilled all around basketball player.
    I agree. Nash vs. Harden is a different type of debate at least. Drexler and Harden do the same thing and Harden does it wayyyyyyyy better.

Kristaps Porzingis

I'm not ignoring it any more than valade is ignoring practically every single individual stat on the planet that measures productivity, which all heavily favor Harden. It's just feels like he's cherry picking stats that make his case for him, when the vast majority point to the contrary.
    Because an individual stat means absolutely nothing if it doesn't improve the team. If someone scores 30 PPG on 60% TS and their team offense goes down when he's on the floor, he's not providing any value. Fundamentally, it's entirely possible for a person who scores 5 pts to provide more value than someone who scores 30. It's about how much their individual stats actually help the team.

I agree, Harden is superior to Drexler. Also, it's not like you can use Harden's playoff struggles against him considering Drexler's play dropped off quite a bit during his prime in the playoffs as well.

Because an individual stat means absolutely nothing if it doesn't improve the team. If someone scores 30 PPG on 60% TS and their team offense goes down when he's on the floor, he's not providing any value. Fundamentally, it's entirely possible for a person who scores 5 pts to provide more value than someone who scores 30. It's about how much their individual stats actually help the team.
    Those are both very far-fetched scenarios.

Kristaps Porzingis

Those are both very far-fetched scenarios.
    Slight exaggeration sure, but Adrian Dantley wasn't really helping his team's offenses despite 30 PPG on 65% TS% and Draymond Green certainly brings more value, even when scoring less than 10 PPG.

Slight exaggeration sure, but Adrian Dantley wasn't really helping his team's offenses despite 30 PPG on 65% TS% and Draymond Green certainly brings more value, even when scoring less than 10 PPG.
    Dantley is one of the great mysteries to me. Do you know he was on the Pistons in 88 when they lost in NBA Finals in 7 games to the Lakers?

He was their leading scorer with 21ppg on 57% fg.

In game 7 he went 5-11 for 16 points / 5 rebounds / 1 assist and they lost by 3.

Can you imagine how different his career would have looked if he dropped like 40 points in that game and they beat Magic/Worthy/KAJ? He wins Finals MVP and then he is never traded for Aguirre. Crazy

Kristaps Porzingis

Dantley is one of the great mysteries to me. Do you know he was on the Pistons in 88 when they lost in NBA Finals in 7 games to the Lakers?

He was their leading scorer with 21ppg on 57% fg.

In game 7 he went 5-11 for 16 points / 5 rebounds / 1 assist and they lost by 3.

Can you imagine how different his career would have looked if he dropped like 40 points in that game and they beat Magic/Worthy/KAJ? He wins Finals MVP and then he is never traded for Aguirre. Crazy
    His career would have been looked on differently for sure. It's funny because Aguirre and Dantley are very similar players and both were feuding with their teams, so the trade was basically "give me your disgruntled scorer for mine" lol

His career would have been looked on differently for sure. It's funny because Aguirre and Dantley are very similar players and both were feuding with their teams, so the trade was basically "give me your disgruntled scorer for mine" lol
    Next time I have a free 1 hour and 23 minutes I know what I'm doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewa6w_Bywi4

Kristaps Porzingis

What happened to T-Mac?
    Next round

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast