Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

4 50.00%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    F--k it, I voted Barkley. While not as good as Malone, he is deserving of being voted here.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    If Karl Malone wasn't banging 13 year old girls, I would actually feel bad with how criminally underrated he is. It should 100% be Malone, but I'm not going to vote for that POS.
    Yikes.

Dan Roundfield was FMVP with Michael Jordan and Kawhi Leonard on the same team. He should absolutely get recognized.
    I love how it went from you trying to overhype how good he was so much that it went to the point where you believed all your own hype and now are a huge fan.
    Last edited by KnicksorBust; 09-15-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't think Morey wanted to break them up, but the relationship between Harden-Paul deteriorated to the point where they couldn't co-exist. I think if they hadn't ran into the historic Warriors or had been able to co-exist last season they likely walk away with a title.

But in regards to this debate, if we're talking how close a team came. If Amare is healthy in 2006 the Suns probably win the title (they certainly get past Dallas in the WCF), and if Amare isn't suspended G5 of the next year's Spurs series, they possibly go on to win that one (though that was not a given), and if they did beat SA that year, they'd have walked through both Utah and Cleveland.

So both players got excruciatingly close to a title but got unlucky. That just goes to show how much luck is involved in winning titles.
    I agree. That's why I think we are reaching a point where players like Giannis and Harden catch too much heat for not winning a chip.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I agree. That's why I think we are reaching a point where players like Giannis and Harden catch too much heat for not winning a chip.
    You donít have to win a title. You just have to be good in the playoffs. If you disappear in big moments or you play worse overall in the post season that absolutely should be held against you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    No he wasnít a superior playoff performer. Superior to his own stats but nothing special. Peak Drob poops all over peak Walton and itís not close. And there are zero numbers that say otherwise. Admiral literally has 10 playoffs better than Bills best and the regular season dumps so bad on Bill Walton itís not even worth mentioning. Dumbest thing Iíve ever seen. Bill Walton over Giannis is the same kind of joke. There is zero evidence. Like Kobe has way more argument of Lebron than this silly ish.
    Sure he was. I agree its not close, drob ***** the bed in the playoffs whereas walton balled out. Wtf does superior to his own stats even mean, that's not even English brethren.

RS are rarely worth mentioning when your game declines as much as his did. Zero evidence? Lol, sure buddy. I wouldn't trust you to interpret any numbers so spare me the novice takes. Team influence is what matters most.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No he couldnít

You should've been watching teams outside of New York back then.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I have literally no idea who youíre talking about here. When did anyone mention lob threats and who is DJ?
    Sorry, thought I was quoting mbt, his post on usage/ efficiency

F--k it, I voted Barkley. While not as good as Malone, he is deserving of being voted here.
    which years are peak years for both?

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Oh, cool, a single source that's more than two years old, and another team-based statistic. That'll change my opinion!

Look, I'm not saying Nash isn't underrated or wasn't a phenomenal player. If I had to rank my personal top 30 all-time players, Nash is on that list. He was a phenomenal talent and one of the greatest (if not the greatest) playmakers of all-time, and I was a huge fan of his at his peak in Phoenix.

But you're comparing apples and oranges here between a pass-first point guard and an all-around offensive juggernaut. Harden has proven that you can surround him with inferior talent, and he can get you 50 wins easily and a 4 seed. Nash never had to carry the offensive load Harden did, and he wasn't capable of the sheer offensive production of Harden.

If you get one of these guys for one game and you pick Nash, you're banking on other guys to hit shots. And we have no clue who these hypothetical players are. What if they're bad 3-point shooters? What if they're bad pick and roll players? It's like I said in my previous post, in this exercise, you're not answering "which guy had the best peak." You're answering "which guy would you pick at his peak to win you a single game."

Consider that, at his peak, Nash's USG% hovered around 22%. Harden's is more like 35%. So you're banking on four random guys to make up that 13% and be more productive with it than Harden. Even factoring in Harden's higher turnover rate in that USG%, I'm not buying that the other four random guys on this team are going to be anywhere near as efficient or productive as Harden with those possessions.
    Team based stats? Its about quantifying the impact a single player has on the team. That's the holy grail of an individual stat, its why you could argue as Bill Russell having a Wilt like impact (possibly greater) despite the chasm in their individual lines. You can disagree with the results but make no mistake, its not just something you can simply ignore as simply a team stat.

Malone regularly owned drob and I have chuck above him, so im going chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Sorry, thought I was quoting mbt, his post on usage/ efficiency
    No worries lol. I figured you had double quoted or something.

Malone regularly owned drob and I have chuck above him, so im going chuck
    Barkley is a great choice here. Peak Barkley was something else.

Drexler, Barkley, and Giannis

Team based stats? Its about quantifying the impact a single player has on the team. That's the holy grail of an individual stat, its why you could argue as Bill Russell having a Wilt like impact (possibly greater) despite the chasm in their individual lines. You can disagree with the results but make no mistake, its not just something you can simply ignore as simply a team stat.
    I'm not ignoring it any more than valade is ignoring practically every single individual stat on the planet that measures productivity, which all heavily favor Harden. It's just feels like he's cherry picking stats that make his case for him, when the vast majority point to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm not ignoring it any more than valade is ignoring practically every single individual stat on the planet that measures productivity, which all heavily favor Harden. It's just feels like he's cherry picking stats that make his case for him, when the vast majority point to the contrary.
    Your ignoring more

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast