Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Good news heading into the weekend: The plan is for OL Nick Gates to be activated from the PUP list next week, per sources. The one-year anniversary of Gates' gruesome leg injury just passed.

Once Gates gets activated, he can practice with the team for up to 21 days. Once that window ends, he'll either be added to the active roster or revert to PUP for the rest of the season. No way of knowing how his leg will respond, but incredible that he's reached this point.

- Dan Duggan

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Injury rundown from yesterday (pour some coffee, or something stronger):

QB Daniel Jones: Ankle. Significant enough for him to be pulled from the game (only to return in handoff-only role). Was limping after the game, but no boot/crutches.

QB Tyrod Taylor: Concussion.

WR Kenny Golladay: Left with knee injury in third quarter (appeared to be pointing at MCL).

RG Mark Glowinski: Missed one series in second quarter with ankle injury.

RT Evan Neal: Left with neck injury in third quarter. Expressed optimism postgame.

DL Henry Mondeaux: Carted off with ankle injury in 2nd Q.

OLB Kayvon Thibodeaux: Back spasm on last drive. Said hes fine.

OLB Azeez Ojulari: Left with calf injury on last drive. Expressed optimism postgame.

S Julian Love: Concussion. Tweeted hell be back soon.

CB Aaron Robinson: Left with knee injury in second quarter. Walked out of the locker room postgame with knee heavily wrapped.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Landon Collins coming in for a workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giants are signing LB AJ Klein per @JFowlerESPN

Had 110 tackles for the Bills the last 2 seasons and is 31 years old. Was a 5th round draft pick of Dave Gettleman in Carolina.

The Giants placed CB Aaron Robinson on injured reserve with a knee injury. He will miss at least 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The Giants placed CB Aaron Robinson on injured reserve with a knee injury. He will miss at least 4 games.

Damn rough start for Robinson. Hopefully flott can step up.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Damn rough start for Robinson. Hopefully flott can step up.

He has a calf injury. So, not sure if he's even available.

Sounds like Giants signed Landon Collins.

Think he will be a good fit in winks defense, if he gets playing time.

Collins should fit wink well. Love and McKinney can cover allowing Collins to stick near the line where hes a problem

Would be nice if we actually had some good WRs.

If we see the Giants keep playing this way, it will be interesting to see what the Giants do with Jones

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If we see the Giants keep playing this way, it will be interesting to see what the Giants do with Jones
    I think hes proving himself, enough to hold off on going for another QB. Hes playing as well as can be expected, considering what hes working with

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I think hes proving himself, enough to hold off on going for another QB. Hes playing as well as can be expected, considering what hes working with
    Yeah I agree but I don't know if he's proven himself to be the franchise QB. So in that case what do you do? Tag him? Give him a short deal like 3/50 with a lot guaranteed? That's the part I'm most curious about. I don't think we should draft a QB next year for sure as we need a more in-sync OL and better WR before expecting any QB to make us a Superbowl contender. But I'm also conflicted on how we can keep Jones but not put him in a lame duck situation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Yeah I agree but I don't know if he's proven himself to be the franchise QB. So in that case what do you do? Tag him? Give him a short deal like 3/50 with a lot guaranteed? That's the part I'm most curious about. I don't think we should draft a QB next year for sure as we need a more in-sync OL and better WR before expecting any QB to make us a Superbowl contender. But I'm also conflicted on how we can keep Jones but not put him in a lame duck situation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    The 3/50 type deal I think makes sense, as of now.

Far from saying hes the guy or anything, but I believe he can make plays. And we still havent seen him be able to have more than a handful of plays a game that he has more than a second to look around without avoiding pressure, or having targets that actually get open. Hes showing improvement for sure, despite those things

I dont know if hes ever a star, but I could see a guy whos a bit more than game manager. Will give you some big plays with the arm and feet

We also need to give him a #1 WR to see what he can really be. As he has never had that in his time here. Josh Allen became the superstar when they added Diggs. So you also won't know EXACTLY what Jones can be until you actually put the pieces around him to be something.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast