Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Week 2: Panthers @ Bucs

game day thread
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Have a lot to clean up on after that loss to the saints, like bwall said can't make that many mistakes against a good team and win. But despite all those mistakes we still had a shot until the kickoff gafe. Oline must absolutely step up their game against the panthers, Rojo ran hard just didn't have many holes IMO. Hopefully we can find a way to get the TEs more involved, playcalling was very average to me. Wouldn't say this is a must win by any stretch but going 0-2 in the division so quickly will sting.

Godwin has been ruled out, it'll sting but its not like we have a lack of weapons. If we can get a consistent run gam, get creative with the TEs, and have the Brady to Evans connection get going we should be able to get a W. The raiders don't have the defense we do and we shut down CMC last year.

Prediction - Rojo goes over 100 and a touchdown. Carolinas defence is way worse then years past and on the other end of the spectrum then New Orleans.

We don't have more then 1 Turnover and the Bucs limit any big plays with an underrated defence (Held Brees to 160 yards passing last week). At least 1 defensive score too!

Bucs 34 - Carolina 17

Why are we throwing the ball to people who have never played a down of football in their life (Grayson Jr) instead of any of our TE's? Why does BA not understand the concept of using your tight end in the passing game every now and then.

Why would Grayson Jr be getting snaps over Tyler Johnson? This guy didn't even play college football. This is the NFL!!!

This running game... Yuck

What a play by C. Davis. He's becoming a stud just like I said he would be when we drafted him. It's crazy how it doesn't matter what players you put on the field, nothing can ever come easy for this team. It always has to be stressful!

I'll take the dub

Yea, who wouldn't? I think we are fortunate to have a few tune up teams on the schedule here today and over the next few weeks. We clearly need it. The D looks as expected, but Brady needs some time to develop chemistry with his receivers. I think he and Evans made big strides today. Let's hope to see Godwin back in next week. I think Godwin has the ability to have an absolute minster season with the type of receiver he is and the type of throws Brady likes to make.

I don't mind Miller and Watson getting involved, but honestly, through 2 weeks, we are targeting those guys way too much. We have 3 good TE's and also a good rookie receiver in Tyler Johnson to use behind the 2 stud WR's. All 3 backs can also catch the ball. Watson and Miller should not be the first read almost ever, and I definitely don't want to see that track star who has never played football before on the field again.

I'm happy with the win, and I'm not trying to have unrealistic expectations, as I know the chemistry has to develop, but I think we have a long way to go before we are actually a good team. I think this season all comes down to how the O-line holds up. I am happy with how Wirf has played through 2 weeks, but i'm concerned about D. Smith. Carolina may have the worst pass rush in the league, so it will get tougher then today.

Raiders get a big win for us!

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Raiders get a big win for us!
    This is a massive game Sunday. Do we lose to a backup QB and a team with a tonne of injuries like so many years in our past and start 1-2???

Or do we go on the road and build off win 1 and take a step in going over 500 and riding momentum with so much talent on paper?

We take the W in Denver and prove a point!

Lets gooooooo!

Yea 100% there is no excuse not to win this one. Even being in a spot with a new QB who needs time to develop rhythm and chemistry in a new offense, we are going against J. Driskol, who you could argue is in a similar boat. Also if our defense is for real, we shouldn't need many points offensively in this one.
    Last edited by aecon13; 09-25-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Agreed the Bucs of old would 100% find a way to lose this game. Time to see if we are something different, they are a worse team and extremely banged up no excuse to lose this game. Would like to see us give Fournette at least 25 carries, wouldn't mind seeing us use Howard/Brate more as well.

Man welcome to the SEC KJ Costello 600 yards and 5 TDs on LSU...talk about a guy next year who I'd love to get and sit behind Brady.