Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I really want Siakam to bounce back and keep improving. But so far it doesn’t look good. May be he has reached his ceiling. Right now too much pressure on him to produce and he is not adjusting. Other teams have been using the Celtics blue print on him and he can’t seem to adjust well. I think coaches may fix him though. Ban him from shooting 3s and limit his ball handling. Make him the fast break/hustle guy he was. He really looks out of place now.
    Did we learn nothing from bargnani?
    Telling a player to stop doing what he does well in hopes that he will improve in other areas is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Did we learn nothing from bargnani?
    Telling a player to stop doing what he does well in hopes that he will improve in other areas is a terrible idea.
    He was a fast break/hustle guy to begin with. Now he is not doing well in other areas. Go back to his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    He was a fast break/hustle guy to begin with. Now he is not doing well in other areas. Go back to his strengths.
    You think he was better when he was a 9ppg guy? Sry I’m just hating what I’m reading. Siakam is a huge piece to a championship caliber team. I don’t see how trading him or limiting him gets us any closer to anything good. We need to get a #1 option and he will be the best PF in the east again.

Who was the last PF who singlehandedly took his team to the finals? I cannot think of any. Even dirk needed a stacked team around him and didn’t handle the ball much.

These articles on the front page that keep popping up are really irking me too. “Nets can get siakam for levert, Allen and a 1st round pick”. No the can’t. Everyday these writers are making stuff up. If that was the cost the the lakers would have already traded kuzma, they’re good rookie and a 1st for siakam.

You think he was better when he was a 9ppg guy? Sry I’m just hating what I’m reading. Siakam is a huge piece to a championship caliber team. I don’t see how trading him or limiting him gets us any closer to anything good. We need to get a #1 option and he will be the best PF in the east again.
    Only he can do that. He has regressed and teams have adjusted their playbook on him. They know how to defend him now. Look at turnovers he is having in the 4th quarters. I wish he gets to be the #1 option but honestly don't see it anytime soon. At least not the way he is being used right now. He needs to get his confidence back. He was being productive when he was doing his beyblade spins on the fast breaks. I hope him and the coaches figure it out soon.

Who was the last PF who singlehandedly took his team to the finals? I cannot think of any. Even dirk needed a stacked team around him and didn’t handle the ball much.

These articles on the front page that keep popping up are really irking me too. “Nets can get siakam for levert, Allen and a 1st round pick”. No the can’t. Everyday these writers are making stuff up. If that was the cost the the lakers would have already traded kuzma, they’re good rookie and a 1st for siakam.
    I really hope people dont read those things as "news." It isn't. It is from a website that produces clickbait content to drive marketing revenue. PSD highlights its stuff all the time. Here are the "qualifications" to apply for a job...
    – You are a huge fan of basketball and passionate follower of your team and have experience writing about these topics.
    – Ability to write quickly and cleanly, in a professionalized manner, with correct spelling and grammar.
    – You take genuine pride in your writing, your discussions and how you gather facts and data to back them up.
    – Willingness to think outside the box, putting an original spin on every piece created
    – You are active on Twitter, Reddit and/or Facebook, spending time looking for fresh news and analysis of your team.
    – Ability to write a minimum of ten original pieces per month.
    https://fadeawayworld.net/join-the-team/

I guess anyone can "write" technically, but I'm not sure I'd call it journalism.

I don't think he is getting traded. These writers are always speculating based on the raptors struggles.

My personal feeling on the season, is that, while we seemingly have too much talent to be playing as poorly as we have been, we also clearly are not near championship contention, and no single trade is changing that. The nice thing is that with the core talent of OG, Siakam and Freddy, I don't feel like we will or can necessarily "blow it all up". That being said, the window of our young talent doesn't match Lowry's window and while it pains me to say it, if he wants Lowry should be dealt to a contending team where he could be the missing piece, for assets. He deserves to go for another chip, which I don't think we provide that opportunity in the next year or two, and I don't want to lose him in the offseason for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    My personal feeling on the season, is that, while we seemingly have too much talent to be playing as poorly as we have been, we also clearly are not near championship contention, and no single trade is changing that. The nice thing is that with the core talent of OG, Siakam and Freddy, I don't feel like we will or can necessarily "blow it all up". That being said, the window of our young talent doesn't match Lowry's window and while it pains me to say it, if he wants Lowry should be dealt to a contending team where he could be the missing piece, for assets. He deserves to go for another chip, which I don't think we provide that opportunity in the next year or two, and I don't want to lose him in the offseason for nothing.
    Agree completely.

There better be some front court help coming back with Harden if that's what we're doing.

Screw it...

Harden
    Tucker

For

Siakam
    Powell
    McCaw
    Flynn
    Harris
    future 1st round pick(s)

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445