Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    We still need a big man and preferably some SF/SG depth.

Maybe Biz comes back for the min?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    We still need a big man and preferably some SF/SG depth.

Maybe Biz comes back for the min?
    Harry Giles seems to be linked to the Raptors.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I actually have wanted Giles for a while (wanted him in 2017 but he got drafted before we picked OG) but I am probably looking for our backup big to be able to stop Embiid.

Whiteside maybe? Though he's been a headache sometimes.

I actually have wanted Giles for a while (wanted him in 2017 but he got drafted before we picked OG) but I am probably looking for our backup big to be able to stop Embiid.

Whiteside maybe? Though he's been a headache sometimes.
    I'd imagine Whiteside is out of our price range. Are we to really rule out Gasol?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I'd imagine Whiteside is out of our price range. Are we to really rule out Gasol?
    I would bring back Gasol but I suspect on his last legs, he'll go to a team like the Mavs or Clippers.

I would bring back Gasol but I suspect on his last legs, he'll go to a team like the Mavs or Clippers.
    He would fit in well for sure with both of those teams.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

The Celtics signed Tristan Thompson. Good signing by Ainge. They needed a big that can help with rebounding and he can contribute on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    thats a reasonable contract. Although Im still not ecstatic about him starting at the 2. but money wise, I think the contract is completely fair.

We currently have 3-4 pgs. Terrance Davis is more of a combo guard. I wonder if Flynn will be groomed to be more of a combo guard too?
    I think they’re all combo guards. We heavily rely on the point position for scoring.

Imo - especially because he has already cashed in - I would be bringing FVV off the bench, starting Powell. We can still run the 2 PG lineups often and down the stretch, but our bench was lacking an initiator last season.

From my understanding, yes they do. However I dont expect them to use their full MLE.

Apparently they are hoping to pickup that giles guy (young C) with the MLE.

I can’t picture anyone signing with the clippers thinking they’re trophy chasing. Seems obvious to me that their experiment is not going to end in a chip.

“ Around Boston, there is growing bitterness about the way the deal played out. On Friday, there were reports that the Celtics and Pacers were negotiating a sign-and-trade built around young Pacers center Myles Turner. The Pacers, according to the Boston Globe, wanted to send the Celtics Doug McDermott in addition to Turner. The Celtics wanted T.J. Warren or Victor Oladipo.”

Is Hayward that overvalued? Or are the pacers just selling low? I would be looking to add any of these players.

I think because we didn't hear his name linked as much to the Raptors, I got a little worried. Lots of rumors about Ibaka going to Brooklyn.
    Rumours shmoomours. Ibaka himself has stated he wants to stay. It's also no secret how much he loves the Toronto night life. I also remember the year leading up to the trade and there being lots of talk about him signing in Toronto before the trade even went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

“ Around Boston, there is growing bitterness about the way the deal played out. On Friday, there were reports that the Celtics and Pacers were negotiating a sign-and-trade built around young Pacers center Myles Turner. The Pacers, according to the Boston Globe, wanted to send the Celtics Doug McDermott in addition to Turner. The Celtics wanted T.J. Warren or Victor Oladipo.”

Is Hayward that overvalued? Or are the pacers just selling low? I would be looking to add any of these players.
    wanting Warren or Oladipo is a pipe dream, for Hayward.

The only reason Turner is available is because the pacers want Sabonis as their primary big man. Ainge may have kicked the tires on a deal but if he was asking for Turner & Warren or Oladipo for a deal built around Hayward, I can see what nothing came to fruition there.

I think they’re all combo guards. We heavily rely on the point position for scoring.

Imo - especially because he has already cashed in - I would be bringing FVV off the bench, starting Powell. We can still run the 2 PG lineups often and down the stretch, but our bench was lacking an initiator last season.
    I think this is the year Masai trades Lowry at the deadline.

1. We can get assets for him instead of him leaving in the off season for nothing.
    2. We trade him to a contender for a chance to win as a thank you.
    3. maybe we trade him to a contender, he wins a ring and then signs back in the free agency to retire a raptor but on a friendly deal.
    4. FVV becomes the starting pg, Flynn gets groomed to be the back up.
    5. We use the assets we get in the Lowry trade to try and draft more gems, or package them in a trade to improve in a needed area.

Alot of reasons I can think of but it boils down to what Lowry wants. does he want to chase another ring, does he want another pay day, does he simply want to come back on a cheap deal and retire a raptor... I think we make that decision based on those answers, which only Lowry and maybe Masai would know.

Welp Ibaka left.

Can't imagine Gasol stays either so we need to get a center for sure.

I hope Biz is 1 for the BAE. Maybe Whiteside for the MLE? Most teams offering MLE at most and we can guarantee he starts.

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast