Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah we really need to be considering the future secondary ball handler assuming Lowry doesn’t play forever and FVV comes back.

The loss of TD is heavy. I had big hopes for his future here. https://youtu.be/7zEtSG6pSsE

They HAVE to let him go don’t they? I can’t really see any alternative.
    I haven't followed overly closely, but my understanding is that incidents are still alleged? I'm not assuming anything at this point. Its concerning news, but too early to paint his entire career with. It is possible I'm not accurately informed.

How a player/person responds to these incidents has a huge impact on their future. I still remember the Kobe Bryant rape allegations quite vividly. I recognize the world has changed and the circumstances aren't the same, but the future has a long way to go to be written yet.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 11-02-2020 at 07:32 PM.

This is the latest news on Davis:

Toronto: The Toronto Raptors say they will cooperate fully with the NBA’s investigation into guard Terence Davis following his arrest in New York on charges including assault.

The team made its first public comment on the case in a statement Friday.

Davis faces several charges after police said he hit his girlfriend in the face during an argument at a Manhattan high-rise on Tuesday.

According to a criminal complaint, the woman’s son was standing next to her when Davis hit her, causing the child to fall.

“Incidents of this kind are addressed and managed by the league through the joint NBA-NBPA policy on domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse,” the Raptors said. “The Toronto Raptors take these issues very seriously, and we will fully cooperate and support the League in its investigation of this matter as we work to determine the appropriate next steps for our team.”

Davis’ attorney, Greg Esposito, has said his client denies the charges. Davis is free on his own recognisance and his next court date is set for December 11.
    https://gulfnews.com/sport/nba-toron...rge-1.74951251
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by julka_yulka View Post
    Hi!) I'm making an animated fan video for Toronto Raptors and you can help me with this; tell me what would you like to see in the video, who is your favorite player, maybe best moments in the game, etc. I will be glad to any information)) Later you will be able to rate the video)
    Welcome to the Raptors forum!

There is plenty of moments to pick from last year's run. I like @smith&wesson's idea.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I haven't followed overly closely, but my understanding is that incidents are still alleged? I'm not assuming anything at this point. Its concerning news, but too early to paint his entire career with. It is possible I'm not accurately informed.

How a player/person responds to these incidents has a huge impact on their future. I still remember the Kobe Bryant rape allegations quite vividly. I recognize the world has changed and the circumstances aren't the same, but the future has a long way to go to be written yet.
    He denied everything, will fight the charges.

Or another trade

Toronto Raptors receive: Jrue Holiday
    New Orleans Pelicans receive: Fred Van Vleet, Norm Powell
    , Patrick McCaw and a future 1st round draft pick

Jrue Holiday goes to Toronto and he's paired up with Lowry and Siakam...3 All Star players on 1 team...Holiday as a Raptor would actually make them look good not just offensively but defensively as well

PG- Lowry
    SG- Jrue
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Ibaka

New Orleans backcourt

PG- Lonzo
    SG- Van Vleet
    SF- Ingram
    PF- Zion
    C- Hayes

Powell comes off the bench with their 2nd unit; Pelicans with that new core would be a playoff team...a young playoff team but with vets. VanVleet and Powell are champions with rings and they still young. Add them to a Pelicans team on the rise...they would be even better.

Raptors would have a pretty damn good backcourt as well with Jrue Holiday replacing FVV at the 2 guard spot. OG would be perfect at the 3 spot playing SF. Siakam at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5. Lowry still at the 1. Raptors would be defensively good again. But then comes the dilemma with getting Holiday...would you have enough cap to go after someone else and load that team even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or another trade

Toronto Raptors receive: Jrue Holiday
    New Orleans Pelicans receive: Fred Van Vleet, Norm Powell
    , Patrick McCaw and a future 1st round draft pick

Jrue Holiday goes to Toronto and he's paired up with Lowry and Siakam...3 All Star players on 1 team...Holiday as a Raptor would actually make them look good not just offensively but defensively as well

PG- Lowry
    SG- Jrue
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Ibaka

New Orleans backcourt

PG- Lonzo
    SG- Van Vleet
    SF- Ingram
    PF- Zion
    C- Hayes

Powell comes off the bench with their 2nd unit; Pelicans with that new core would be a playoff team...a young playoff team but with vets. VanVleet and Powell are champions with rings and they still young. Add them to a Pelicans team on the rise...they would be even better.

Raptors would have a pretty damn good backcourt as well with Jrue Holiday replacing FVV at the 2 guard spot. OG would be perfect at the 3 spot playing SF. Siakam at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5. Lowry still at the 1. Raptors would be defensively good again. But then comes the dilemma with getting Holiday...would you have enough cap to go after someone else and load that team even more?
    You’ve proposed worse.
    Wish Powell wasn’t a part of the trade. And who handles the ball off the bench?
    The fall of Davis is huge. We have holes at guard and C now.

You’ve proposed worse.
    Wish Powell wasn’t a part of the trade. And who handles the ball off the bench?
    The fall of Davis is huge. We have holes at guard and C now.
    Does the story affect his play? Or you feel the organization will release him?

Umm...first you need FVV to agree to a sign and trade. Second, thats going to be like 40+ million in salary going to New Orleans and Holiday only makes 26M next season.

I think it would be more like FVV and our 1st round pick (possibly 2) for Holiday. I don't think that makes sense. I don't see Holiday as enough of an upgrade over FVV to do that. Definitely not over FVV, playoff Powell and our 1st rd pick.

Does the story affect his play? Or you feel the organization will release him?
    I can’t imagine him being a member of the raptors next season.

You may end up being right, but loads of uncertainty still. Lots of ways this can go.

Why? hes under contract.

If anything he'll get suspended. The only way hes not on an NBA team next season is if he goes to jail. I can give you examples of players who were accused of worse and still were in the league.

Kobe Bryant- Rape
    Derrick Rose - Gang rape
    Gilbert Arenas - Brought guns to games
    if you want a more current one, Malik Beasley - pointed a gun at his own kid

Terrance Davis slapped his girlfriend after they got in an argument. https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...lt-in-new-york

Domestic violence is always taken seriously, and is a big deal no doubt. But lets keep things in perspective what he is being accused of is no where near what those other guys went to court for.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-06-2020 at 02:39 PM.

You may end up being right, but loads of uncertainty still. Lots of ways this can go.
    if she remains his girlfriend chances are she will drop the charges, the state will still continue with the charges as they do with all domestic disputes, his lawyers will get it reduced and he will do community service, donate some money to a charity etc... The raptors will likely suspend him. but realistically he will still be on the roster.

If his girlfriends breaks up with him and pursues the case, its likely going to be a harsher punishment if he is found guilty.

The only thing that will prevent him from playing next year is jail time. I dont know how much jail time you could get for a slap, but its possible being that its a domestic dispute. However it wont be much, chances are he will be out on probation with in 24 hours, again thats if he is found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Why? hes under contract.

If anything he'll get suspended. The only way hes not on an NBA team next season is if he goes to jail. I can give you examples of players who were accused of worse and still were in the league.

Kobe Bryant- Rape
    Derrick Rose - Gang rape
    Gilbert Arenas - Brought guns to games
    if you want a more current one, Malik Beasley - pointed a gun at his own kid

Terrance Davis slapped his girlfriend after they got in an argument. https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...lt-in-new-york

Domestic violence is always taken seriously, and is a big deal no doubt. But lets keep things in perspective what he is being accused of is no where near what those other guys went to court for.
    He punched his girlfriend in front of her kid, sending her to the hospital. I’d say it’s worse than those other ones you listed. Regardless, I can’t see Masai investing further into him.
    Honestly I wish it wasn’t so. I wish Masai would give him a talking to and letting him continue to develop. I just cant see that happening.

He punched his girlfriend in front of her kid, sending her to the hospital. I’d say it’s worse than those other ones you listed. Regardless, I can’t see Masai investing further into him.
    Honestly I wish it wasn’t so. I wish Masai would give him a talking to and letting him continue to develop. I just cant see that happening.
    I know you aren't responding to me but, I dont really want to play the game of whether gang rape is less reprehensible than punching your girlfriend in front of her child. Debating those comparisons is just a dark mental space to sit in. Any of those acts are horrid to consider.

My only point is... isn't all this still alleged until investigations and due process take place? Like are you 100% confident you know what happened? I don't feel comfortable with making such claims personally.

If I'm the Raptors I cut him loose

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast