Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lmfao you're capping so hard. Horford was straight up trash. It doesn't matter if he is better than Green. At the end of the day, Green is a better fit. So he makes the team better. How is Curry a bench player at best? How are you gonna chirp about analytics all day and say this sus ****.

Morey opened up 10M in cap space with the Horford deal.
    They got less talent back then they traded. That doesnít make you better. Would I have done the trade,of course. But donít say they save the million like that makes. You better on the court this season. In 8 months youíll be talking about how OKC stole Horford and rebuilt his value.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    They got less talent back then they traded. That doesnít make you better. Would I have done the trade,of course. But donít say they save the million like that makes. You better on the court this season.
    lol what is this take? They got better because the pieces they received fit in better and weren't disgruntled and disrupting the locker room. It doesn't matter if the talent they sent out was more talented. This isn't 2k bro.

You do realize if your argument had any merit, you wouldn't even be using the words "rebuilt his value". If Philly isn't getting better with this trade and needed Horford, why would Horford need to rebuild his value?

And I never said, "save the million" makes them better on the court. I was implying it gives Morey more flexibility since I was just listing reasons why it was a good trade for the Sixers. If you're going to start random debates with people at least keep context in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    In 8 months youíll be talking about how OKC stole Horford and rebuilt his value.
    lol nobody would say that unless they want to ignore context and steam roll debates with their lack of awareness. It was considered a god awful contract before he even stunk it up last season. Literally everybody was calling Ainge brilliant for not biting on that **** and calling Philly desperate. In 8 months, it's still going to be one of the worst contracts in the NBA.
    Last edited by ecart; 12-16-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Two notes from Nurse's press conference.

a) guards look great. Nurse doesn't have enough minutes for all of them
    b) Bembry has looked great. Probably a SF on this roster.

Make of it what you will.

I hope the best that comes off it is some damn good competition for minutes , short leashes and potential for a legit bench mob to come in and give the big boys plenty of rest. I also think it will speed up development a bit with guys being forced to play up or play out of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Two notes from Nurse's press conference.

a) guards look great. Nurse doesn't have enough minutes for all of them
    b) Bembry has looked great. Probably a SF on this roster.

Make of it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    I hope the best that comes off it is some damn good competition for minutes , short leashes and potential for a legit bench mob to come in and give the big boys plenty of rest. I also think it will speed up development a bit with guys being forced to play up or play out of the team.
    I think a trade is coming, but I have no idea who. Itís easy to figure it will be TD, but Masai doesnít seem like a sell-low type of man. I think it might be Powell. Could even be Matt Thomas as he has a good rep around the league already.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think a trade is coming, but I have no idea who. Itís easy to figure it will be TD, but Masai doesnít seem like a sell-low type of man. I think it might be Powell. Could even be Matt Thomas as he has a good rep around the league already.
    If it's not a heartbreaking Lowry trade then it'll be 1 of TD3 or Norm. I don't think Matty Ice has much value at the moment.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If it's not a heartbreaking Lowry trade then it'll be 1 of TD3 or Norm. I don't think Matty Ice has much value at the moment.
    Lowry to philly
    Powell, thybulle, TD, 2 philly 1sts, 2 raptors 1sts to Houston.
    Harden to the raptors.

Lowry to philly
    Harden to the raptors.
    Philly is giving up thybulle + two first rounders for an expiring Lowry?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Philly is giving up thybulle + two first rounders for an expiring Lowry?
    Yes.

Lowry to philly
    Harden to the raptors.
    I like your idea, but no superstar = no dice from Houston. They want Simmons + 3 first rounders from Philly. I.e a player to replace Harden as well as picks to set up their next chapter. I dont think 1 more pick and no sure fire all star replacement gets Houston to even stay on the phone long enough to hear the rest of the deal.

Now, if you said :

Lowry, Powell and 2 firsts to Philly

Simmons and 3 firsts Houston

Harden to the Raptors

Then maybe I could see it being possible, but not plausible since Houston and Philly dont really need us in that trade unless they prefer Lowry's and Powell's game ( ability to play off the ball and spread the floor, and play solid defense) more than Harden's or Simmons' with Embiid. Plus getting 2 firsts from us would lessen the blow of giving 3 firsts to Houston.

I think Embiid wants to be a focal point on offense and not just a rebounder and defender. So I could actually see them liking the above more than just Harden and no first round pick 3 of the next 5 drafts.

I think we simply keep Lowry now that Giannis is off the table though. He is our leader, and with his style of game and the shape he's in there is no reason to believe he can't play at least 2 or 3 more years very effectively. Especially with Fred and now Flynn around to make life a bit easier on him. I just hope he doesn't make Masai keep paying him 30M/yr and lets him have some money to bring in more help.

Toronto may as well go after Kawhi again or you go after Rudy Gobert next summer, Oladipo, Harden via trade, or DeRozan again or Drummond or Blake Griffin or Jrue Holiday since he has a player option

i mean the only way Harden comes to Toronto is if Fertitita hates Morey and doesn't take Simmons out of spite. I don't see how he'll get a better offer.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020...rs-ben-simmons

Iím getting a funny feeling....

Lowry to 76ers for assets. Those assets + Toronto assets for harden.

MU is not shy to trade a fan favourite if heís getting a superstar back.

You guys remember when Masai had to personally step in to make Lowry and DeMar stop travelling separately from the team? How he forced a culture change? Do you guys actually think he's even considering Harden?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Kawhi was a diva too and Masai bent over backwards and then some for him. Why wouldn't he consider Harden? Besides, Masai is the type of person that believes they can shape and mould Harden anyway.
    Last edited by ecart; 12-18-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast