Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah I agree. The east has improved. Especially in the Atlantic division. Im still banking on contenuity with our core to carry us some but yeah, finishing 2nd is not a realistic expectation. I see the East shaping out like this

Bucks
    Nets
    Heat
    Celtics
    Raptors and 6ers fighting for that 5th spot
    Pacers
    Hawks

Another interesting convo we were having is the possibility of the Raptors playing in the South East division with Miami, Orlando, Charlotte, & Atlanta since they will be in Tampa. Then Washington play in the Atlantic division as they will be much closer to Philly and New York. If that happens it could make a big difference because NewYork is the only team in the Atlantic that isnt a playoff contender, where as Miami is the only contending playoff team in the South East.

I think we are going to see a much improved Hawks team. I forgot they traded for Capela back in Feb too on top of the 3 FA's they signed.

Young/Rondo
    Bogdan/Reddish
    Gallo/Hunter
    Collins/Okongwu
    Capela/Fernando

That is a lot of upgrades. Look at that young second unit with Rondo getting them shots....coming behind a starting 5 with 4 guys who can really shoot it, and a solid young big who can go and get it on the glass.

However, I would still rather have to deal with Atlanta and Miami than Brooklyn, Philly and Boston. I could actually see Atlanta jumping up to 5th or 6th with that roster while the Atlantic conference beats itself up. That is a very good 10 man rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think we are going to see a much improved Hawks team. I forgot they traded for Capela back in Feb too on top of the 3 FA's they signed.

Young/Rondo
    Bogdan/Reddish
    Gallo/Hunter
    Collins/Okongwu
    Capela/Fernando

That is a lot of upgrades. Look at that young second unit with Rondo getting them shots....coming behind a starting 5 with 4 guys who can really shoot it, and a solid young big who can go and get it on the glass.

However, I would still rather have to deal with Atlanta and Miami than Brooklyn, Philly and Boston. I could actually see Atlanta jumping up to 5th or 6th with that roster while the Atlantic conference beats itself up. That is a very good 10 man rotation.
    the underlined word there was contending. The Hawks will get the 8th seed and will be a first round exit. they have no d.

Young/Rondo
    Bogdan/Reddish
    Gallo/Hunter
    Collins/Okongwu
    Capela/Fernando

76ers didn't improve much imo. I think we will be fighting them for the 5th seed.

They got rid of their log jam which is good. But the additions they've made dont move the needle really. Danny Green is really over rated at this point. In fact I think Curry will prove to be the more important acquisition, but even then I dont think either player is a big enough improvement in their back court. Simmons can create, but cant shoot. Green can shoot but cant create. I dont think their back court is versatile enough. They will really be banking on Milton and Thybulle to break out this year if they have championship aspirations. Even then I dont think Embiid, Simmons, Harris is a championship core. At some point Morey will be trading Simmons, I'll bet anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Siakam is in Toronto for 4 years on a max...he signed his contract last season so he's here until 2023 and VanVleet until 2024. OG he's heading into his contract year and OG is a Rich Paul/Klutch client so you already know Rich Paul is gonna make sure OG gets paid or that he gets offers that come his way.

But will OG even live up to being a scorer? I doubt it because he is nothing like Kawhi...he tries too hard as far as personality wise to be like Kawhi...but OG don't play like a cyborg on offense...defensively he's got a lot more ways to go before he's even considered to be in Kawhi's league but offensively he has a little bit of ways to go but can he get there? Who knows but unless he completely balls out I wouldn't re sign him

Powell, Davis, Flynn and whoever else you can use as trade assets especially if you are trying to land a marquee level star in Toronto via trade because that's the only way

Free agency...ain't no elite level superstars will come to Toronto because Toronto is not a free agency destination

The only way Toronto as a free agency destination is or would be appealing to marquee level All elite superstar free agents is if you build a team around them and another star or stars...then that is where they can come and sign with you
    We signed the best actual FA this off season lol. This is a great point if you havenít paid any attention to basketball for years.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

I think whoever these friends are they should get off the crack..lol Baynes is a better floor spacer and more consistent shooter than Ibaka? That is a joke if i ever heard one. Baynes just started shooting last year ffs. He normally sticks to put backs etc. But this year he took 4 shots from deep per game to keep people honest. He is a back up 5 imo.

The guy i think should start is Len tbh. He shoots it just as well from deep as Baynes, and the last time he was a starter he averaged over 13 ppg ( in 24mpg) and shot over 37% from 3 and just under 49% from the field.

Baynes is all energy. I want him and Boucher coming off the bench and giving our energy a lift like the old bench mob used to.
    If you trust advanced stats, which you should. Weíre going to be basically the same. Ibaka was a terrible defender at the 5. Gasol was the real loss but thereís a chance 2021 Gasol isnít as good as 2021 Baynes in our system. Boucher was as good as Ibaka in his limited mins. Thereís a reason Masai is very very good, he knows the difference between hollow stats and what Fred did.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    76ers didn't improve much imo. I think we will be fighting them for the 5th seed.

They got rid of their log jam which is good. But the additions they've made dont move the needle really. Danny Green is really over rated at this point. In fact I think Curry will prove to be the more important acquisition, but even then I dont think either player is a big enough improvement in their back court. Simmons can create, but cant shoot. Green can shoot but cant create. I dont think their back court is versatile enough. They will really be banking on Milton and Thybulle to break out this year if they have championship aspirations. Even then I dont think Embiid, Simmons, Harris is a championship core. At some point Morey will be trading Simmons, I'll bet anything on it.
    They made some great moves but didnít get better. Just way more flexible. Iíd be shocked if we werenít a top 4 team in the east.

76ers are a much better fit now so I think it will help. They got a better coach too in Doc to motivate his stars (even though I think Doc is overrated).

Hernandez cut. It says we are making space for Brissett or camp battle (or maybe our 2nd round pick).

I prefer a big man but that's just me.

76ers def got better. Horford was legit unplayable and sulking. They also got a 45% 3pt shooter in Curry and another 3 and D wing in Green. Plus Morey opened up a **** ton of cap. They're not even done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    76ers def got better. Horford was legit unplayable and sulking. They also got a 45% 3pt shooter in Curry and another 3 and D wing in Green. Plus Morey opened up a **** ton of cap. They're not even done yet.
    Horford was a bad fit but still a great player and much better than Green. Curry is a bench player at best.

Also they didnít open up any cap at all. They just wonít be in the tax right away.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

I think we can be in the mix for 3rd in the east. Possibly 2nd depending on the nets in year 1 of that experiment. It often takes a year for super teams to jell. Never mind both of your stars coming of major injuries.

I think we'll probably be 4-6.

My early guess is

1. Bucks
    2. 76ers
    3. Nets
    4. Celtics
    5. Heat
    6. Raptors
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think we'll probably be 4-6.

My early guess is

1. Bucks
    2. 76ers
    3. Nets
    4. Celtics
    5. Heat
    6. Raptors
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks
    Sry guys... but are you predicting we lost 20 wins in Ibaka and gasol? I think we are still a 50 win team.
    Iím assuming siakam, Lowry, FVV are still the same players they were last season. And Iím assuming Powell continues to do well and OG takes a reasonable step forward.

I think we lost about 5 wins this offseason, but we could easily be just as good as last season. Thereís a lot of room for those guys I listed to be better than they were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Sry guys... but are you predicting we lost 20 wins in Ibaka and gasol? I think we are still a 50 win team.
    Iím assuming siakam, Lowry, FVV are still the same players they were last season. And Iím assuming Powell continues to do well and OG takes a reasonable step forward.

I think we lost about 5 wins this offseason, but we could easily be just as good as last season. Thereís a lot of room for those guys I listed to be better than they were last year.
    To be fair I didn't give my standings. I don't think any East team will reach 60 wins this year. I also think we are probably a 47-52 win team, which would make us competitive with the teams above us.

I ranked the East Finals champ 5th. That's how close the East is now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    To be fair I didn't give my standings. I don't think any East team will reach 60 wins this year. I also think we are probably a 47-52 win team, which would make us competitive with the teams above us.

I ranked the East Finals champ 5th. That's how close the East is now IMO.
    Good points throughout.

I think the bucks blow out the regular season again, and flop in the playoffs again. They added a nice player but lost a fair amount of quality depth and they didnít fix their biggest playoff issue - Coach Bud.

But yeah after the bucks you could put the next 7 in pretty much any order and have a good argument.

I think weíll be really fun to watch though. My only legit concern is a drop off from Lowry.

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast