Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 671
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,965
    Trust the process. This is just the start of a1-2 year retool.

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,331
    They can afford to give OG his money after they sign a free agent.

    Right now they need to figure out a trade where they send 3 players out and get back just 1:



    Lowry/FVV/Flynn
    Powell/Davis/Thomas/Harris
    OG/Watson/McCaw/Bembry
    Siakam/Boucher/Johnson
    Baynes/Len/Hernandez

    Otherwise, if they want to keep Harris and Watson to see what they can do they'll need to get rid of Davis (for PR reasons) and Johnson (because he will never play anyway).

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Trust the process. This is just the start of a1-2 year retool.
    I know the trolls like to overreact and troll quickly, but I'm actually genuinely excited about the process. It's been a remarkable era. It ended with a championship. MU has a chance to create something similar in a short time frame. I hope he's able to execute his plan.

  4. #439
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    So, crazy thought. I have no idea what the organization will do.

    Anunoby is RFA next off-season and will get paid. If we feel confident in bringing Giannis in (MU would have to have confidence in this), can we even keep him at whatever dollar figure he commands?

    During the season, could Lowry (his cap hold will be ridiculously high the retain bird rights), Powell, Anunoby and new players like Baynes all be used as trade assets?

    This roster could be empty outside FVV, Siakam, Flynn, Hernandez and Thomas at about 56 million. That could be about 60 million in space. Any chance 2 FA's are targeted? (ie. Giannis + Oladipo).
    2k tingz.

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think part of the reason to avoid luxury tax this year was to save money for next year. I think they will keep OG at a $80mil/4 year deal.
    I think less. But ultimately it will depend on his numbers this season.

  6. #441
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I know the trolls like to overreact and troll quickly, but I'm actually genuinely excited about the process. It's been a remarkable era. It ended with a championship. MU has a chance to create something similar in a short time frame. I hope he's able to execute his plan.
    Iím excited too.

    Hoping siakam, FVV and OG have more untapped ceiling. Theyíre our future core barring trades.

    Powell, Flynn and Davis could all play themselves into the core as well. I wanted to put boucher in this group too, but he would really have to separate himself from the other bigs somehow while playing beside siakam. Itís hard to picture.

    OG will get a chance to be a scorer this season heading into his FA year.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 11-24-2020 at 03:25 AM.

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,714
    Siakam is in Toronto for 4 years on a max...he signed his contract last season so he's here until 2023 and VanVleet until 2024. OG he's heading into his contract year and OG is a Rich Paul/Klutch client so you already know Rich Paul is gonna make sure OG gets paid or that he gets offers that come his way.

    But will OG even live up to being a scorer? I doubt it because he is nothing like Kawhi...he tries too hard as far as personality wise to be like Kawhi...but OG don't play like a cyborg on offense...defensively he's got a lot more ways to go before he's even considered to be in Kawhi's league but offensively he has a little bit of ways to go but can he get there? Who knows but unless he completely balls out I wouldn't re sign him

    Powell, Davis, Flynn and whoever else you can use as trade assets especially if you are trying to land a marquee level star in Toronto via trade because that's the only way

    Free agency...ain't no elite level superstars will come to Toronto because Toronto is not a free agency destination

    The only way Toronto as a free agency destination is or would be appealing to marquee level All elite superstar free agents is if you build a team around them and another star or stars...then that is where they can come and sign with you

  8. #443
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Siakam is in Toronto for 4 years on a max...he signed his contract last season so he's here until 2023 and VanVleet until 2024. OG he's heading into his contract year and OG is a Rich Paul/Klutch client so you already know Rich Paul is gonna make sure OG gets paid or that he gets offers that come his way.

    But will OG even live up to being a scorer? I doubt it because he is nothing like Kawhi...he tries too hard as far as personality wise to be like Kawhi...but OG don't play like a cyborg on offense...defensively he's got a lot more ways to go before he's even considered to be in Kawhi's league but offensively he has a little bit of ways to go but can he get there? Who knows but unless he completely balls out I wouldn't re sign him

    Powell, Davis, Flynn and whoever else you can use as trade assets especially if you are trying to land a marquee level star in Toronto via trade because that's the only way

    Free agency...ain't no elite level superstars will come to Toronto because Toronto is not a free agency destination

    The only way Toronto as a free agency destination is or would be appealing to marquee level All elite superstar free agents is if you build a team around them and another star or stars...then that is where they can come and sign with you
    So glad youíre just a troll.

    Absolutely you re-sign OG. He isnít kawhi and the ppl who thought he could be are misinformed. His play is closer to Ron Artest, but with the opposite personality off the court.
    I think he will put up an efficient 14ppg and consideration for all-defence. I think Masai will re-sign him for around 18 mil.

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,297
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím excited too.

    Hoping siakam, FVV and OG have more untapped ceiling. Theyíre our future core barring trades.

    Powell, Flynn and Davis could all play themselves into the core as well. I wanted to put boucher in this group too, but he would really have to separate himself from the other bigs somehow while playing beside siakam. Itís hard to picture.

    OG will get a chance to be a scorer this season heading into his FA year.
    If weíre being honest with ourselves that core just isnít good enough in todayís NBA. Itís a good start though. In Bobby we trust to put a super star in there with them.

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    If weíre being honest with ourselves that core just isnít good enough in todayís NBA. Itís a good start though. In Bobby we trust to put a super star in there with them.
    Oh for sure. We have to be diluted to think that those 3 will lead us to a championship. Theyíre fine pieces to have though. All play great (and I mean GREAT) defence and stretch the floor. 2 of them have proven they can create for themselves and others.
    They are not going to hold us back from a championship the way derozan or JV could.

  11. #446
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    What would you be willing to give up for Bol Bol?
    Denver already has their franchise C, and I canít see Bol and Jukic being able to play together. Denver also looking to contend right now.

    Iíd give them Powell for Bol in a heart beat. They would never be able to match lowrys salary, and I donít want to move any of the core (FVV, OG, Siakam), but I really want Bol. I think he would do great in our system.

    Picture boucher if he was 20 years old and 100 feet tall with a 1000 foot wingspan.

    Iíd even be interested in seeing a skinny, but crazy long and athletic lineup of siakam/boucher/Bol. Big Cís would bully them, but those long arms would SWARM!

  12. #447
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,996
    Bam gets his extension. Not sure what this means regarding their interest in Giannis but as of now, they don't have a max slot.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  13. #448
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,996
    They can still make it work through a sign and trade.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,714
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    What would you be willing to give up for Bol Bol?
    Denver already has their franchise C, and I canít see Bol and Jukic being able to play together. Denver also looking to contend right now.

    Iíd give them Powell for Bol in a heart beat. They would never be able to match lowrys salary, and I donít want to move any of the core (FVV, OG, Siakam), but I really want Bol. I think he would do great in our system.

    Picture boucher if he was 20 years old and 100 feet tall with a 1000 foot wingspan.

    Iíd even be interested in seeing a skinny, but crazy long and athletic lineup of siakam/boucher/Bol. Big Cís would bully them, but those long arms would SWARM!
    Bol Bol to the Raptors could work but then again Bol Bol just signed a 2 year extension to stay with the Nuggets

  15. #450
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Bol Bol to the Raptors could work but then again Bol Bol just signed a 2 year extension to stay with the Nuggets
    Exactly. Heís now a tradable asset, on a team that is trying to take the next step into contention, but probably doesnít need to add another star player.

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •