Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It's a vulnerable spot, but I to am curious to see how he transitions to the new situation. Culture has been so important for development. It can erode quickly. At the same time, it was never sustainable to continue hitting on late picks and undrafted guys.

Sad to see Giles signed by Portland. I would have liked to take a flyer on him. Maker could be a flyer to take. Need someone more reliable of course. Baynes is the hope for me right now.
    Nothing wrong with Banes. Id prefer him over Gasol.
    I have no idea what Giles is thinking. Hed rather play behind Kanter on a team full of ball hogs in the tough west than start in toronto?

I dont see why it isnt sustainable to hit on late picks for Masai. Hes been doing it since he started making picks in Denver.
    The problem is - its hard to get over the top that way. We will need to hit on a high pick eventually. This could be the year depending on what happens with Lowry.

Boucher is going to stuff some stats this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nothing wrong with Banes. Id prefer him over Gasol.
    I have no idea what Giles is thinking. Hed rather play behind Kanter on a team full of ball hogs in the tough west than start in toronto?

I dont see why it isnt sustainable to hit on late picks for Masai. Hes been doing it since he started making picks in Denver.
    The problem is - its hard to get over the top that way. We will need to hit on a high pick eventually. This could be the year depending on what happens with Lowry.
    Kinda what I mean.

I gotta think Gasol less likely to sign now. I can see him going to 1 of the LA teams.

If we cant get Baynes or Whiteside, I'd be fine with a combo of Bismack, WCS and Kaminsky. Bring back Boucher and RHJ too.

C - WCS, Biz, Boucher, Hernandez
    PF - Siakam, RHJ, Johnson
    SF - OG, Powell, McCaw
    SG - FVV, Davis, Thomas
    PG- Lowry, Flynn

We just need big bodies who can rebound but for the most part, Siakam and OG will be required to play some center for 10-20 mins a game between them, which should be fine most days.

Gasol is a MUST resign now. Give him another 20M if you have to, just get him under contract for one more season to set us up financially to make a run at people next year to go with FVV, Siakam and OG.

Think we can do Powell, Johnson and McCaw for Turner.

I'd do it though it does ruin our flexibility next year. Though it shouldn't be hard to trade him next year with a pick (or I can see a team just taking him on too).

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Baynes sounds like a good option. He fits the defensive schemes raptors throw and he is starting to knock down outside shots too. Giles is another good option. I would even try cousins at vet minimum once you get a starting center. What you got to lose?
    Your sanity lol. I've always thought DMC was an overrated head case.

I'm pretty sure I saw that Giles signed a deal somewhere.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Think we can do Powell, Johnson and McCaw for Turner.

I'd do it though it does ruin our flexibility next year. Though it shouldn't be hard to trade him next year with a pick (or I can see a team just taking him on too).
    That's basically just Powell for Turner. I'd love to have Turner but don't think we have the pieces to make a deal.

I needed to add those 2 for salary purposes.

Both Biz and WCS gone

Anthony Davis
    Brandon Ingram
    Hassan Whiteside
    Marc Gasol
    Aron Baynes
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Dario Saric
    Chris Boucher
    Austin Rivers
    Langston Galloway
    Juan Hernangomez
    Reggie Jackson
    Solomon Hill
    Shabazz Napier
    Shaq Harrison
    Harry Giles

That is who is left

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I needed to add those 2 for salary purposes.
    I'm aware of that. I was just saying the trade is basically Norm for Myles because the other 2 are nothing more than salary filler.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm aware of that. I was just saying the trade is basically Norm for Myles because the other 2 are nothing more than salary filler.
    Yea thats why Im asking if Norm for Turner is something they would do (which I assume probably not) but should we add to it or even worth adding him, etc.

Apparently we in on Markieff.

I like him but we need a center badly

The Raptors sign Baynes to a 2 year 14 million deal. I believe the second year is a team option.
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast