Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    I get that options are thin but the only way I'm taking Gasol back is if it's for the vet minimum. All he has is his BBIQ at this point. I'd rather sign someone like Baynes and see what Dewan Hernandez can do off the bench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBfc...ature=youtu.be

He's pretty athletic for a big man.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I kind of expected this season to be a step back year. This solidifies that.

Time to shift focus to building around FVV, Anunoby, Siakam.

To whomever mentioned that they could see Lowry being dealt at the deadline... I agree. If that happens, it will be gut wrenching.
    I just don't see it happening. I agree this year will be a step back year but with all the Giannis rumours in the air I don't think Lowry leaves.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Right now our starting C is OG ffs. Maybe we go the Houston Rockets route and play small ball with 5 shooters?

OG/Hernandez
    Siakam/Boucher
    Powell/Watson
    Lowry/Thomas
    FVV/Flynn

I thought that bench unit might be with the 905 getting groomed even more, but with our desire to sign nothing more than 1 year deals they might as well just develop all our internal guys as much as possible.

Or, now that we have 100 gaurds, maybe we try to trade Lowry, Powell, Davis and picks to Houston for Harden?

Then if they could bring back Gasol on a 1yr deal they would have a strong defensive starting 5 of:

FVV
    Harden
    OG
    Siakam
    Gasol

Around one of the best scorers in the NBA.

Then even if Giannis doesn't come we'd still be a legitimate contender with a core of FVV, Harden, OG and Siakam. ..imo

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I get that options are thin but the only way I'm taking Gasol back is if it's for the vet minimum. All he has is his BBIQ at this point. I'd rather sign someone like Baynes and see what Dewan Hernandez can do off the bench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBfc...ature=youtu.be

He's pretty athletic for a big man.
    Baynes sounds like a good option. He fits the defensive schemes raptors throw and he is starting to knock down outside shots too. Giles is another good option. I would even try cousins at vet minimum once you get a starting center. What you got to lose?

I kind of expected this season to be a step back year. This solidifies that.

Time to shift focus to building around FVV, Anunoby, Siakam.

To whomever mentioned that they could see Lowry being dealt at the deadline... I agree. If that happens, it will be gut wrenching.
    Completley agree. Its going to be a transitional year. Good year to do it since the Raps wont even be playing in Toronto. And with ibakas departure, Im ready to see this team transition in to new era.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I just don't see it happening. I agree this year will be a step back year but with all the Giannis rumours in the air I don't think Lowry leaves.
    I think Giannis signs the super max, then if things dont work out in a year or two he'll ask for a trade. I dont see why he doesnt take the money. His team is primed to compete, especially now with Jrue/Middleton.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Completley agree. Its going to be a transitional year. Good year to do it since the Raps wont even be playing in Toronto. And with ibakas departure, Im ready to see this team transition in to new era.
    Iím actually excited to see what Masai can do.

Agree with that too. Will always be interested in seeing what the wizard can do

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    It's a vulnerable spot, but I to am curious to see how he transitions to the new situation. Culture has been so important for development. It can erode quickly. At the same time, it was never sustainable to continue hitting on late picks and undrafted guys.

Sad to see Giles signed by Portland. I would have liked to take a flyer on him. Maker could be a flyer to take. Need someone more reliable of course. Baynes is the hope for me right now.

Are there any big men that we could trade for Powell?

It's a vulnerable spot, but I to am curious to see how he transitions to the new situation. Culture has been so important for development. It can erode quickly. At the same time, it was never sustainable to continue hitting on late picks and undrafted guys.

Sad to see Giles signed by Portland. I would have liked to take a flyer on him. Maker could be a flyer to take. Need someone more reliable of course. Baynes is the hope for me right now.
    I think at this point Gasol might be our best option. Maybe Taj Gibson? Maybe both if they come cheap

I think Masai will sign Illyasova with the vets min. And if I had to guess we bring Gasol back.

And retain Boucher

Lowry/Flynn
    FVV/Davis/Harris
    OG/Norm
    Siakam/Illyasova
    Gasol/Boucher/Hernendez

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast