Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Should the Raptors make a play for James Harden?

Raptors managed to trade for Kawhi Leonard without sacrificing their future, but any deal for Harden would almost certainly revolve around Pascal Siakam. The Raptors could offer an interesting package with some combination of Siakam, OG Anunoby, Norman Powell, Chris Boucher and picks.

Then the Raptors would get a top 5 top 10 superstar again on their team

A scenario to land Harden in a Raptors uniform

Houston Rockets receive: Kyle Lowry, Norm Powell, 2021 & 2023 and 2025 first round picks

Toronto Raptors receive: James Harden

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    A scenario to land Harden in a Raptors uniform

Houston Rockets receive: Kyle Lowry, Norm Powell, 2021 & 2023 and 2025 first round picks

Toronto Raptors receive: James Harden
    Lol go back to the NBA forum where you copied your own post from.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

No thanks.

Your first idea guts the team for him. Without a supporting cast it is a waste of time and then a hard rebuild. Your second idea is two expiring contracts and 3 picks (probably late picks). No chance Houston takes that.

Stay the course and look to sign a star next off-season.

Nah. I rather just hold on at the moment.

Y'all may as well go after Harden because Giannis definitely ain't comin

I would say yes they should...but Houston isn't taking Lowry and his expiring deal as our main piece. I think it would probably take something like:

Siakam
    Powell
    Future first round pick(s)

We would play small, but Harden creating with Lowry, FVV and OG all spreading the floor would be dangerous.

I think Harden is a more attractive teammate than Siakam if you are trying to lure Giannis next year. A Giannis/Harden tandem could win us multiple titles. ..and make us a destination for other FA's.

It would suck to lose Siakam, but for multiple seasons of Harden I think its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I would say yes they should...but Houston isn't taking Lowry and his expiring deal as our main piece. I think it would probably take something like:

Siakam
    Powell
    Future first round pick(s)

We would play small, but Harden creating with Lowry, FVV and OG all spreading the floor would be dangerous.

I think Harden is a more attractive teammate than Siakam if you are trying to lure Giannis next year. A Giannis/Harden tandem could win us multiple titles. ..and make us a destination for other FA's.

It would suck to lose Siakam, but for multiple seasons of Harden I think its worth it
    I wouldn't trade Pascal for Harden straight up. I have faith Pascal will rebound from his poor 2nd half/playoffs. He was thrown into the fire and had no idea how to handle being the #1 option. The good thing is that he never shied away from contact and/or open shots. Offence aside, his value on the defensive end is through the roof. He can switch onto anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Pascal for Harden straight up. I have faith Pascal will rebound from his poor 2nd half/playoffs. He was thrown into the fire and had no idea how to handle being the #1 option. The good thing is that he never shied away from contact and/or open shots. Offence aside, his value on the defensive end is through the roof. He can switch onto anyone.
    Yeah the deal only makes sense if Lowry is going the other way and we are airing harden with Siakam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Honestly, you should be an MLB scout or GM with your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Might as well especially since Giannis ain't comin

Might as well especially since Giannis ain't comin
    Such a troll, lol. Like us, you have no clue what Giannis will do.

Cap space can have a variety of applications.

Harden without a supporting cast is just a different way to win in the regular season without hope of a championship. This season isn't the year for a huge financial commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Such a troll, lol. Like us, you have no clue what Giannis will do.

Cap space can have a variety of applications.

Harden without a supporting cast is just a different way to win in the regular season without hope of a championship. This season isn't the year for a huge financial commitment.
    Oh really? Oh really? LOL just stop cuz Giannis even if he don't sign the extension and weighs his options in free agency once this season ends, how are y'all so confident he will sign in Toronto? He ain't about to turn down supermax money in free agency especially to sign in Toronto with a less than stellar supporting cast

Oh really? Oh really? LOL just stop cuz Giannis even if he don't sign the extension and weighs his options in free agency once this season ends, how are y'all so confident he will sign in Toronto? He ain't about to turn down supermax money in free agency especially to sign in Toronto with a less than stellar supporting cast
    I'm going to take the confidence of the man (Ujiri) who knows Giannis personally, knows his family, helped him leave Nigeria to play ball in Greece over a random internet troll. Really....

AND

It may still not happen. Even if it doesn't, better gamble than gutting a team for Harden. Frankly I'd prefer to rebuild.

Harden at least would make Toronto look even more interesting especially if he were to play alongside Van Vleet and Siakam

Harden at least would make Toronto look even more interesting especially if he were to play alongside Van Vleet and Siakam
    And in what world would Houston deal Harden to Toronto if we didn't deal Siakam? I'm really not sure what you'd feel expiring contracts and late 1st round picks would appeal to them...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast