Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Lowry/Flynn
    FVV/Norm
    OG/Bembry
    Siakam/Boucher
    Baynes/Len

Might be the 10 man rotation we're looking at.
    I think Matt Thomas is more likely to get minutes than Bembry. We don't have clarity on Terence Davis yet. He could factor in if he is still on the team, but the safe choice is probably to omit him for now.

Wait no, we signed Bembry. RHJ gone prob. Would be redundant to have both.

Davis would be a huge hit to our player development if he does get cut though. He was a nice steal. IMO he is gonna get cut. Even though Nurse denied it, it was obvious everyone was annoyed by him in the bubble.

I wish we gambled on Boogie. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    idk I think Nurse is going to play the old core heavy minutes. Powell is going to get a lot of minutes barring any injuries. I think Davis going to get cut next week.

I would be surprised if Len gets 16 mpg. I don't think RHJ will get any wing minutes. I think Nurse sees him as a 4/5 based on how he used him last season. RHJ at C was pretty lit.
    I think davis is kept and hernamdez is gone.

RHj dfended all 5 positions I just plugged him at SF to fill out the minutes. But with bembry hes probably not back

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Another big body, which we need. Not sure he'll offer a whole lot, but at the very least, Baynes (and Hernandez) need another Centre to practice against in the post.
    I think he will give us solid minutes.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think davis is kept and hernamdez is gone.

RHj dfended all 5 positions I just plugged him at SF to fill out the minutes. But with bembry hes probably not back
    Webster mentioned they were treating this year as a "rookie year" for Hernandez and he'll have a chance to prove his value. I doubt his minimum salary gets cut.

I'm worried about this team on the glass. We lost arguably our best rebounder in Serge along with Gasol. If Baynes and Boucher are expected to fill their roles then we need some more help on the glass.

EDIT: Just saw the Len signing which helps. I guess this puts Boucher behind Siakam at the 4. That makes me feel much better.
    I actually think our rebounding improved. Neither Ibaka or Gasol were all that great at rebounding.

Lowry/Flynn
    FVV/Norm
    OG/Bembry
    Siakam/Boucher
    Baynes/Len

Might be the 10 man rotation we're looking at.
    Sub Watson for Bembry.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Sub Watson for Bembry.
    That is possible too. Raptors have used development system the grow new talent and Watson has a chance to surprise.

So, crazy thought. I have no idea what the organization will do.

Anunoby is RFA next off-season and will get paid. If we feel confident in bringing Giannis in (MU would have to have confidence in this), can we even keep him at whatever dollar figure he commands?

During the season, could Lowry (his cap hold will be ridiculously high the retain bird rights), Powell, Anunoby and new players like Baynes all be used as trade assets?

This roster could be empty outside FVV, Siakam, Flynn, Hernandez and Thomas at about 56 million. That could be about 60 million in space. Any chance 2 FA's are targeted? (ie. Giannis + Oladipo).

I think part of the reason to avoid luxury tax this year was to save money for next year. I think they will keep OG at a $80mil/4 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Webster mentioned they were treating this year as a "rookie year" for Hernandez and he'll have a chance to prove his value. I doubt his minimum salary gets cut.
    Ah then guess that wont work.

In a perfect world he should be on a 2 way deal. He's basically 2 years removed from last playing regularly.

Well, today they brought up on the radio that you need guys outside of your core with some dollars attached to them just so that you can make a trade for a bigger contract and that’s where the options come into play. I believe some of the recent signings have team options for the second year. The team could pick up the options and use them as trade fodder to add another big name. IE Boucher, Baynes and other filler plus umpteen picks and pick swaps for a star.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Well, today they brought up on the radio that you need guys outside of your core with some dollars attached to them just so that you can make a trade for a bigger contract and that’s where the options come into play. I believe some of the recent signings have team options for the second year. The team could pick up the options and use them as trade fodder to add another big name. IE Boucher, Baynes and other filler plus umpteen picks and pick swaps for a star.
    They have lots of tradeable assets for sure

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast