Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Iím starting to think FVV will be resigned around 18 mil (his actual market value imo).

When is kawhi a FA again? Iíd take another run at him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím starting to think FVV will be resigned around 18 mil (his actual market value imo).

When is kawhi a FA again? Iíd take another run at him tbh.
    He has a $36 mill player option 2021-22

Harrell is a really good scorer but his defense sucks. He is basically the PF version of Lou Will. His defence is alright against wings, but he gets exposed against legit sized PFs and Cs. To be fair to Harrell, Rivers is an idiot.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-17-2020 at 11:53 PM.

That zone defense the Heat run has been really tough on teams. I think Nurse ran the same zone but the Celtics did a good job passing out of it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Heat have been hitting clutch 3ís all playoffs.

Just saw the latest mock on Yardbarker.com and for the latest updated Mock NBA 2020 draft updated hours ago...it has the Raptors at #29 taking PG Tre Jones with their draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    That zone defense the Heat run has been really tough on teams. I think Nurse ran the same zone but the Celtics did a good job passing out of it.

I should add they also struggled against it but the Heat have been able to run it for longer stretches.

ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I should add they also struggled against it but the Heat have been able to run it for longer stretches.

They have the effiecient long range shooting to sacrffice having the odd long 3 against them. It will be interesting to see how Masai responds to this.

Anyone else think the combination of us winning the ship last season and the emergence of the Heat after adding butler will make Toronto a tantalizing destination for a big FA? I think we are seeing the league revert back to a 1 or 2 star per team league. A really good 2 way closer puts us over the top imo.

no I don't think stars think about that type of stuff. they're all so egotistical, they believe they will make an impact wherever they go. pretty low on list of reasons imo. if you look at kyrie, durant, lebron, kawhi etc they all went to franchises that would bend over backwards for them. none of them actually care about the culture.

Clippers hired Kawhi's buddies on staff, let him take days off, cancel practice whenever he wants etc Kyrie and Durant are making GM decisions, getting them to sign DJ, fire Atkinson get Nash as coach etc. Lebron tried to do the same thing in Miami, fire Spo, get his boys on team plane etc but Pat Riley said no so Lebron left.

I think it attracts low level talent who look at success stories like fred van vleet and hope that Toronto can work miracles for them as well.

It's not jut the 3pt shooting. Miami plays bigger than they are. We're just too small. Dragic is their smallest guy out there and he is 6'3. With that said, I think we match up better with the Heat. idk, a lot of ppl are jerking the C's off but I don't think they're that good. We just severely underperformed (Siakam or not).

Anyone else think the combination of us winning the ship last season and the emergence of the Heat after adding butler will make Toronto a tantalizing destination for a big FA? I think we are seeing the league revert back to a 1 or 2 star per team league. A really good 2 way closer puts us over the top imo.
    Absolutely. Boston, Toronto, Denver, Miami all on the rise, and all are amorpheous teams who are less dependant on one guy and more on the very strong supporting cast. Doesn't mean the superstar doesn't have value, but yeah I see that trend too.

What's more is that the media narrative is also helping the aura around the Raptors right now as well. Considering we were picked as missing the playoffs and we improved on our overall record last year, as well as the fight our team showed in the playoffs, it's highlighted that the team was much more than just Kawhi. Kawhi and the Clippers going out the way they did only brings more focus to that storyline. Right now, Toronto looks like the Clippers did last offseason before landing PG and Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    Absolutely. Boston, Toronto, Denver, Miami all on the rise, and all are amorpheous teams who are less dependant on one guy and more on the very strong supporting cast. Doesn't mean the superstar doesn't have value, but yeah I see that trend too.

What's more is that the media narrative is also helping the aura around the Raptors right now as well. Considering we were picked as missing the playoffs and we improved on our overall record last year, as well as the fight our team showed in the playoffs, it's highlighted that the team was much more than just Kawhi. Kawhi and the Clippers going out the way they did only brings more focus to that storyline. Right now, Toronto looks like the Clippers did last offseason before landing PG and Kawhi.
    they only got PG and Kawhi cause Kawhi wanted to go to LA and forced a trade for PG as a dealbreaker. none of this **** actually matters.

idk why you bring up the Clippers getting Kawhi/PG while ignoring the fact we literally won a championship last year and Kawhi still left.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-19-2020 at 02:46 PM.

I personally think your 100% right..the way the world is and the direction we are eventually headed is going to cause collapse and bankruptcies around the world. Sports will be no exception and already including one of the richest teams in the world Barcelona have had to ask there players to take salary cuts and they have no means to bring in high profile names since they have no money. The nba cap peaked last year or previous year. Iím personally expecting it to continue lower and quite possibly head into the 80/90 million as things get worse. There is simply no money for these high profile players. Teams will have to spend wisely.

I wouldnít give Fred more than 15 personally. That would be the max I give him. 18 million Iíd have to really swallow the pill and hope OG gets between 12-15 on extension..

Also a really good two way player is a star in this league. Iíve been in record and many others also that in this league you need a superstar. We do not have one. Siakam will never be one ever. So if your going to get it, you have one shot at 2021...in no specific order you lay down the ground work now for such player to slot right in as kawai did and be the man! For many of us itís all or nothing.. I would only have locked up Siakam, OG and Iím still not convinced at Fred.. these taller point guards and mobile pg who can flat out shoot and create is more of what Iím liking. Besides your superstar becomes that pg with 5 minutes to go in todayís nba.

Kawai
    Giannis
    Lebron( he would never come here)
    Beal

If you donít land any of these folks, I donít know what else you could do to have a realistic shot. Any other players makes you compete but not have a realistic chance at winning the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It's not jut the 3pt shooting. Miami plays bigger than they are. We're just too small. Dragic is their smallest guy out there and he is 6'3. With that said, I think we match up better with the Heat. idk, a lot of ppl are jerking the C's off but I don't think they're that good. We just severely underperformed (Siakam or not).
    I agree but they have a superstar Tatum and they have dog fight with smart etc. There only going to get better.. they were also missing one if there better players who was injured and adds versatility.

On paper and as of now.. all these teams will be better than us next year..

Miami
    Boston
    Bucks
    Brooklyn
    Philly ( when healthy)
    Indian ( if healthy same level)

If we donít make moves we will be fighting for 5-6 position. And if we donít get that superstar above, we will never return to top 2 seed with realistic shot.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast