Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    But apparently teams can offer VanVleet the max and those teams are: Knicks, Pistons and Raptors. Apparently if FVV resigns a max his max could be 5 years $100 million but that is only if he resigns with Toronto. But Pistons and Knicks have higher offer sheets for him though from what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    But the % doesn't change though. It affects Siakam but it doesn't affect the team's payroll.
    This is true. Do you know if the cap goes up significantly in the middle of the contract, does the salary also jump? Or is the the % of the cap just for the first years and then raises each year increase based on a percentage of the first years salary?

I was listening to the radio today, AM1050. They were talking about the cap and how uncertain the projections are for next season.

They think both FVV and Ibaka will come back on fairly larger one year deals. The hope there is that in 2021 Fvv, Ibaka, and Lowry expire together. And then if we can get Giannis they all might come back on lesser deals to compete for another ship run.

I like it.

They will also wait on extending OG until they have a better understanding of the cap situation.

They also mentioned that Nurse' ext is an indication that Masai will be returning as well.

They beleive Gasol is 100% gone and that Masai still really likes Hernandez and he'll be given a chance to crack the rotation as a depth big.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-15-2020 at 01:36 PM.

But the % doesn't change though. It affects Siakam but it doesn't affect the team's payroll.
    Does it lock in at that price? Or does it change each season based on the percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I was listening to the radio today, AM1050. They were talking about the cap and how uncertain the projections are for next season.

They think both FVV and Ibaka will come back on fairly larger one year deals. The hope there is that in 2021 Fvv, Ibaka, and Lowry expire together. And then if we can get Giannis they all might come back on lesser deals to compete for another ship run.

I like it.

They will also wait on extending OG until they have a better understanding of the cap situation.

They also mentioned that Nurse' ext is an indication that Masai will be returning as well.

They beleive Gasol is 100% gone and that Masai still really likes Hernandez and he'll be given a chance to crack the rotation as a depth big.
    I havenít seen the potential in Hernandez. Looks undersized for a C, but too slow and unskilled to be a PF.

The extension for nurse is a very good thing. So happy with Masai and nurse. Never felt that before.
    Thought dubas and Babcock would do that for me. Wrong. I like dubas a lot though still.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    This is true. Do you know if the cap goes up significantly in the middle of the contract, does the salary also jump? Or is the the % of the cap just for the first years and then raises each year increase based on a percentage of the first years salary?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Does it lock in at that price? Or does it change each season based on the percentage?
    First year is 28% of that season's cap (if he gets all second team) and then they get raises of up to 7.5% in subsequent years. Cap drop is only projected $3M per team so not really that big of a deal.

Damn Masai not wasting any time. Nurse got extended.

Just some content. Iíd love this trade.

Toronto Raptors Receive: PG Dennis Smith Jr.

New York Knicks Receive: 2020 second-round pick, SG Patrick McCaw

Like the Dallas Mavericks, the Raptors don't need to shake up the roster to contend next season and should also be looking to buy low on a Knicks guard.

With Kyle Lowry now 34 and on an expiring $30 million deal, Toronto needs to start thinking about finding his replacement, especially if Fred VanVleet bolts in free agency this offseason.

Smith is a young, talented guard who may need a strong culture and veteran point guard to learn from in order to reach his potential. Still only 22 years old, he has averaged 12.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.1 steals in his three seasons, but he is coming off the worst year of his career as a Knicks reserve.

Few franchises, if any, develop young talent better than the Raptors, and giving Smith a year to learn and grow behind Lowry would be a smart investment.

New York should be happy getting a second-round pick for him given his horrid season (5.5 points, 2.9 assists, 34.1 percent shooting), and McCaw would still fit a rebuild at age 24 and on an expiring $4 million deal.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...a-playoff-team

Damn Masai not wasting any time. Nurse got extended.
    How many years? I havenít seen it anywhere.

Like the Dallas Mavericks, the Raptors don't need to shake up the roster to contend next season and should also be looking to buy low on a Knicks guard.

With Kyle Lowry now 34 and on an expiring $30 million deal, Toronto needs to start thinking about finding his replacement, especially if Fred VanVleet bolts in free agency this offseason.

Smith is a young, talented guard who may need a strong culture and veteran point guard to learn from in order to reach his potential. Still only 22 years old, he has averaged 12.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.1 steals in his three seasons, but he is coming off the worst year of his career as a Knicks reserve.

Few franchises, if any, develop young talent better than the Raptors, and giving Smith a year to learn and grow behind Lowry would be a smart investment.

New York should be happy getting a second-round pick for him given his horrid season (5.5 points, 2.9 assists, 34.1 percent shooting), and McCaw would still fit a rebuild at age 24 and on an expiring $4 million deal.

I'm not a Raptors fan but do I think much of this trade...DSJ to the Raptors...OH HELL NO!!! DSJ is a scrub like he's a bust...in his rookie year with Dallas he showed promise but then once his sophomore year and 3rd year came up...he fell off hard. Why would y'all want him on your team like seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'm not a Raptors fan but do I think much of this trade...DSJ to the Raptors...OH HELL NO!!! DSJ is a scrub like he's a bust...in his rookie year with Dallas he showed promise but then once his sophomore year and 3rd year came up...he fell off hard. Why would y'all want him on your team like seriously?
    Only 22, significant ceiling, cheap expiring rookie deal, would only cost a 2nd round pick in the above scenario, there would be minutes for him if FVV leaves in FA... and of course our current star PG was ďan uncoachable locker room cancerĒ before he got into a good organization where he could flourish.

The only reason there is any downside to this at all is because Masai is a genius with those 2nd round picks.

I havenít seen the potential in Hernandez. Looks undersized for a C, but too slow and unskilled to be a PF.

The extension for nurse is a very good thing. So happy with Masai and nurse. Never felt that before.
    Thought dubas and Babcock would do that for me. Wrong. I like dubas a lot though still.
    He didnt play all year. Wed need to see him play to see potential.. Also this is just what I heard on the radio. I have no clue if he has any potential tbh

He cant shoot. Hes useless lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He didnt play all year. Wed need to see him play to see potential.. Also this is just what I heard on the radio. I have no clue if he has any potential tbh
    Game 4 against the nets he got some burn down the stretch. Looked very small for a supposed Big.

Lol kawhi thinks his team needs more BBL IQ lmfao.

Is that a shot at the coach?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast