Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ok well look at the lakers last year without AD. Garbage.

Do you think the heat could be in the finals with rondo and Howard in their starting lineup?

What Iím saying is you need a rotation of players that can hit the 3 if you want to compete with 2 superstars.

Iím extremely happy to see the league return to a 2 superstar/team league tho still.
    The lakers were 4th in the west last year before Lebron got injured for the remaining of the season. Then they became garbage.

Im not understanding your take on this bro, it could just be me but Howard and Rondo are role players at this point. Combined they made 5 million this year. And they did a tremendous job in their roles through the entire playoffs. The Lakers have no guards. Rondo kinda bailed them out with his play as the primary ball handler when Lebron wasnt on the court. And he was hitting his 3s too. Howard was on a non guaranteed contract and only got signed when Cousins got injured. He also contributed majorly.

I donít want Drummond. I wouldnít be considering Thompson if he wasnít Canadian. Hopefully he keeps shooting 3ís. Thompson will likely sign for the MLE too and fits our void behind Ibaka.
    yeah me either, I dont even think a C is that essential anymore. Ibaka and Boucher might suffice...

Even a further example of this is that I believe we could have beat Tatum and Brown if Gasol hit some of those 3ís. Without the 3ís he was unplayable.
    Gasol is trash at this point. He cant even make a wide open lay up standing 2 feet away from the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The lakers were 4th in the west last year before Lebron got injured for the remaining of the season. Then they became garbage.

Im not understanding your take on this bro, it could just be me but Howard and Rondo are role players at this point. Combined they made 5 million this year. And they did a tremendous job in their roles through the entire playoffs. The Lakers have no guards. Rondo kinda bailed them out with his play as the primary ball handler when Lebron wasnt on the court. And he was hitting his 3s too. Howard was on a non guaranteed contract and only got signed when Cousins got injured. He also contributed majorly.
    Iím saying if rondo and Howard were in our top8 rotation or in the heats top 8 rotation, neither of those teams would be doing well in the playoffs.

To compete with multiple superstar teams, you need everyone to be able to shoot 3ís. that way the team can be coached-up and use strategy to overcome the superstars on the other side of the ball.

A different way of looking at it - if you have 2 or more stars, then you DONíT need everyone on your team able to spread the floor because those stars can create shots for themselves and others.
    I donít believe the raptors have that luxury. I donít think the heat do either.

The 3 superstar trades the Raptors camp and Ujiri could pull off to put this team back into championship contention

1- Raptors trading for Bradley Beal
    2- Raptors trading for Joel Embiid
    3- Raptors trading for Giannis Antetokounmpo

Iím saying if rondo and Howard were in our top8 rotation or in the heats top 8 rotation, neither of those teams would be doing well in the playoffs.

To compete with multiple superstar teams, you need everyone to be able to shoot 3ís. that way the team can be coached-up and use strategy to overcome the superstars on the other side of the ball.

A different way of looking at it - if you have 2 or more stars, then you DONíT need everyone on your team able to spread the floor because those stars can create shots for themselves and others.
    I donít believe the raptors have that luxury. I donít think the heat do either.
    Its a star driven league. When you have talent like AD & James, its going to be hard to beat them regardless.

I think youre looking at it in a very black and white context. Every team is constructed differently. The Rockets went all in on 3 ball it didn't work out. The Lakers weren't the best 3 point shooting team and here they are as champions. The Warriors had 4 stars who were lights out from 3 and they were a dynasty. Every team is built different. But those teams with multiple superstars still need strong role players. Just look at all of James' teams as an example. Hes always had a couple stars backed up by a cast of really good role players.

Rondo, Howard, and Pope were the most important role players the Lakers had in their ship run, I dont see how you can discredit their contributions. Green was suppose to be their best 3 point threat and he disappeared in the post season as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Its a star driven league. When you have talent like AD & James, its going to be hard to beat them regardless.

I think youre looking at it in a very black and white context. Every team is constructed differently. The Rockets went all in on 3 ball it didn't work out. The Lakers weren't the best 3 point shooting team and here they are as champions. The Warriors had 4 stars who were lights out from 3 and they were a dynasty. Every team is built different. But those teams with multiple superstars still need strong role players. Just look at all of James' teams as an example. Hes always had a couple stars backed up by a cast of really good role players.

Rondo, Howard, and Pope were the most important role players the Lakers had in their ship run, I dont see how you can discredit their contributions. Green was suppose to be their best 3 point threat and he disappeared in the post season as per usual.
    I hear you, but mentally put Howard and rondo in the rotation of a team with 1 star, and tell me how that team does in the playoffs.
    Raptors/heat/Atlanta/wizards etc.

Now tell me if those teams would be better off with a supporting cast that can shoot 3ís to compliment that 1 star, and a good coach that can put those pieces in the right place.

Star driven league...exactly my point and as long as the Raptors do not have a top 5 or top 10 star, they ain't winning another title

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Star driven league...exactly my point and as long as the Raptors do not have a top 5 or top 10 star, they ain't winning another title
    Ok. - do you think the raptors would have won the ship with Howard at C rather than Gasol? They both bring the defence, but one can stretch the floor.
    Or with rondo instead of Lowry? They both bring the ball distribution, leadership, and defence, but only one can hit 3ís.

Because the raptors last season were a good example of a 1-star team surrounded by 3 point shooters that was able to be coached up.

The further we look into these examples the further embedded in the idea I become. If you have less than 2 superstars then you need every player on the team to be able to hit 3ís to compete with the 2 superstar teams.

Ok. - do you think the raptors would have won the ship with Howard at C rather than Gasol? They both bring the defence, but one can stretch the floor.
    Or with rondo instead of Lowry? They both bring the ball distribution, leadership, and defence, but only one can hit 3ís.

Because the raptors last season were a good example of a 1-star team surrounded by 3 point shooters that was able to be coached up.

The further we look into these examples the further embedded in the idea I become. If you have less than 2 superstars then you need every player on the team to be able to hit 3ís to compete with the 2 superstar teams.
    Yeah I'll grant you that but if teams are loading up on stars, all I am sayin is that it don't look good for the Raptors especially heading into next season. FVV, Ibaka and Gasol are all free agents. If you want a superstar in 2021 free agency, you are going to have to clear even more cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah I'll grant you that but if teams are loading up on stars, all I am sayin is that it don't look good for the Raptors especially heading into next season. FVV, Ibaka and Gasol are all free agents. If you want a superstar in 2021 free agency, you are going to have to clear even more cap space.
    Thatís something I can agree with. We are a little better off than most non-superstar teams though because we have Lowry and siakam, who are pseudo-superstars.
    Like I donít think we are any worse off than any other team in the east (Milwaukee maybe but theyíre coaching is holding them back).

Los Angeles Lakers receive: Fred VanVleet
    Toronto Raptors receive: Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green and the Lakers 2020 1st round pick (28th pick)

VanVleet goes to LA to pair up with LeBron and AD...VanVleet on the Lakers could become that 3rd star even if his numbers are improving, FVV gives the Lakers defense and he's a PG/SG who can create his own shot but create for others. Plus VanVleet just fits in Laker Land.

Danny Green gets to go back to Toronto where he won a title and he also knows the culture over there

Kuzma in Toronto would be a good fit especially playing with Lowry and Siakam

Then the Lakers obviously will have no need for that 28th pick anyway so why not give it to Toronto?

Toronto then would have 2 picks back to back with the 28th via trade and the 29th pick

Plus then it really sets up not only the Raptors perfectly in terms of cap space but it also makes the Lakers stronger too as a team

Really is a win win here

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910