Raptors in 5th place tops but worst 6th in the East

well they waived Hernandez, so now they have:

Baynes/Len
    Siakam/Boucher/Johnson
    OG/Harris/Bembry/McCaw
    Powell/Davis/Thomas
    Lowry/FVV/Flynn

(NOTE: Watson is a RFA atm)

Harris was listed as a SG on draft night, but actually played SF most of his season with Nevada. I hope they bring Watson back and lose one of McCaww/Johnson.

I don’t understand why Johnson is still on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I don’t understand why Johnson is still on the roster.
    or in the league loll

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    76ers are a much better fit now so I think it will help. They got a better coach too in Doc to motivate his stars (even though I think Doc is overrated).
    yes they are a better fit because they got rid of their log jam... BUT they lack a go to perimeter scorer. They lack versatility in their back court.

Simmons can create but cant shoot outside the paint at all and refuses to even try.
    Curry and Green can shoot but cant create.

Thats not a combination that will get you very far in the playoffs. If their plan is to have Simmons create while their wings simply catch and shoot, that will work in the regular season. But in the post season, in a 7 game series, that is very easy to plan for. You take away the 3 from Green and hes useless. They will miss Richardson, but even with him they really and truly missed Butler the most and havent been able to replace him. with out that perimeter go to guy they will not be able to pass the 2nd round. I still like the Bucks, Heat, and Nets (if they are healthy) over the 6ers. I also think the Celtics and Raptors can give them a run for their money.

I really hope that we give Davis a 2nd chance. What he did was wrong and disturbing. But hopefully he takes the punishment (whatever it turns out to be) and learns from it, and gets on with his career. This kid can be really good. From being undrafted to being on the all rookie 2nd team (in comparison Derozan didn't make any Rookie teams as the 9th pick) Davis has alot of potential. I just hope he screws his head on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    yes they are a better fit because they got rid of their log jam... BUT they lack a go to perimeter scorer. They lack versatility in their back court.

Simmons can create but cant shoot outside the paint at all and refuses to even try.
    Curry and Green can shoot but cant create.

Thats not a combination that will get you very far in the playoffs. If their plan is to have Simmons create while their wings simply catch and shoot, that will work in the regular season. But in the post season, in a 7 game series, that is very easy to plan for. You take away the 3 from Green and hes useless. They will miss Richardson, but even with him they really and truly missed Butler the most and havent been able to replace him. with out that perimeter go to guy they will not be able to pass the 2nd round. I still like the Bucks, Heat, and Nets (if they are healthy) over the 6ers. I also think the Celtics and Raptors can give them a run for their money.
    I think in the regular season that should be fine overall. In the playoffs, it's a different issue.

Raps sign Henry Ellenson (2 year, minimum salary deal with only 50K on year 1 guaranteed) as well as Yuta Watanabe and Alize Johnson on Exhibit 10 deals (presumably)

I don't think much of Ellenson or Watanabe, but I think Alize Johnson could be a MASSIVE steal from the Pacers. He hasn't got much run in the NBA yet, but dude has been a straight baller in the G-League the past 2 years. He is a 6'9 forward who has averaged like 20 ppg and 13 rpg over the past 2 seasons, and the Mad Ants played him at SF, PF and C so he is versatile too. He wasn't much of a shooter in college, but last year he shot 34% from deep in the GLeague, and the year before that he shot 38%. I like him more than Bembry for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    Horford was a bad fit but still a great player and much better than Green. Curry is a bench player at best.

Also they didn’t open up any cap at all. They just won’t be in the tax right away.
    lmfao you're capping so hard. Horford was straight up trash. It doesn't matter if he is better than Green. At the end of the day, Green is a better fit. So he makes the team better. How is Curry a bench player at best? How are you gonna chirp about analytics all day and say this sus ****.

Morey opened up 10M in cap space with the Horford deal.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-27-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Sportsnet posted article about other free agents next year: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...vailable-2021/

If Giannis doesn't come, thoughts on other FA? I'd really be interested in Gobert.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Sportsnet posted article about other free agents next year: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...vailable-2021/

If Giannis doesn't come, thoughts on other FA? I'd really be interested in Gobert.
    I like Gobert as well. I am not sure if he would make them a championship team but that would be one scary defensive team.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post

I've actually been thinking about this more and more. Giannis signing here seems like a long shot. What are everyone's thoughts on PG?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

PG probably piggy backs off another star at this point if he does leave LA.

I would take Gobert if he and Mitchell have some issues still. But giving max money to him would be risky.

Yeah I'm not that high on the idea of giving Gobert the max.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast