Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets vs Jays

I cannot deal with Rosario post game interview. The guy's taking zero responsibility.. He says he thought he was safe and he doesn't understand the call. You've gotta be kidding me.. Clearly out. Just own it and move on. And I wish we had some reporters who aren't afraid to ask tough questions instead of coddling them with the typical cliche, rhetorical questions.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I would have left him in to face Villar.
    Problem with that is he was at 90 pitches and with that torn labrum you might lose him if you push him. I thought he was pushed too far already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    I cannot deal with Rosario post game interview. The guy's taking zero responsibility.. He says he thought he was safe and he doesn't understand the call. You've gotta be kidding me.. Clearly out. Just own it and move on. And I wish we had some reporters who aren't afraid to ask tough questions instead of coddling them with the typical cliche, rhetorical questions.
    His eyes made him look like he was on qualludes. The fact is he wasn’t paying attention. The guy had shown his move to a previous runner... I think it was Nimmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    If he was out, Villar was out too IMO.

He was called safe on the field, didn’t look definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    I would’ve started the same lineup as last night. I know it was a lefty tonight with Ray out there but sometimes you just play a hunch instead of just relying on stats. Obviously, the stats meant nothing tonight in retrospect. As for Ramos, manager has to give take signs because all these guys are primed to swing at pitches they guess will be cripples. Problem is they more often than not guess wrong like Ramos did. The guy had thrown 6 STRAIGHT balls that weren’t even close and the pitch Ramos swung at was well off the plate as well. So take sign, count is 3-0 and pitcher is sweating. No take sign, DP and game over. I absolutely hate the way the game is misplayed today. My kingdom for an old school manager.
    who cares about stats. Go with the hot hand. Whatever the Mets are using is not working because they are still below .500
    Last edited by 68METSFAN; 09-12-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Mets vs Jays

Problem with that is he was at 90 pitches and with that torn labrum you might lose him if you push him. I thought he was pushed too far already.
    Partially torn UCL actually. Wainwright pitched for 6 years before needing surgery eventually. Tanaka still hasn’t had it after having the partial tear 6 years ago. So I don’t see that as an excuse, especially since Lugo said he wanted to be a starter all along. He should be stretched out at this point with a week’s rest too.

If he was out, Villar was out too IMO.

He was called safe on the field, didn’t look definitive.
    Personally, I’d end the charade of a “chief’s review”. You get two challenges and if you make two good challenges a third. If you use them up, tough beans. Limiting the reviews would do a lot to speed up the game.

Personally, I’d end the charade of a “chief’s review”. You get two challenges and if you make two good challenges a third. If you use them up, tough beans. Limiting the reviews would do a lot to speed up the game.
    Agreed. Unless it’s a scoring play maybe.

In a close game they just do nit scratch a run out. Again hit and run do something out of the normal because this team lives below average. Plus cano has got to go and you can see he has no range. Tonight showed a second baseman with range gets one if nit two if those balls. As others have said they traded fir this guy and basically thrown out money. He has hit but still team not successful. Just like wasted money in lowliest.

Have two games in buffalo tomorrow, the Jets and Mets. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Agreed. Unless it’s a scoring play maybe.
    attending games in Binghamton I loved the pitch clock. Get the ball and throw it. These games become way to long and many are losing interest. Plus besides all the tinkering MLB needs to have enough guts to play weekend WS day games. Give kids and even adults a chance to watch the whole game.

Man oh man. We are really in tough against lefties. I love Alonso but my 90 year old grandmother could strike him out he is so lost at the plate.

Ramos will never get a hit late in a close game. I can't remember the game but about a week or 2 ago he takes 2-0 with the bases loaded down 3 runs, when all you need is a homer. In a 1-run game he swings 2-0 at a pitch 2 feet inside. I would never even let him swing cause if he makes contact it's a double play. Also a reason why you might take a chance and send Nimmo early in the count. And I definitely would have sent Rosario first pitch with McNeil up because he's so aggressive. Rosario actually has a decent game then gets picked off. There's no reason to get mad anymore. The team has no chance with this rotation. You have to win every deGrom and Lugo start.

Another lefty on the mound will Rosario get another shot today? And if Realmuto hits the market, Cohen better go broke on him and Conforto.

Alonso is Jay Bruce from the right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need a 4 or 5 game winning streak and seem incapable of doing it.

What was Frazier doing?

Mets have 5 hits only 1 run. I missed the first inning.. how'd they screw up this time? Something with Frazier?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast