Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/jesserogersespn/...120669186?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

I was watching the Bears with friends and had no word on the Cubs game. Just now seen the no hitter from Mills, how the heck did that happen? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    If you wouldíve told me heading into the 9th inning last night that we would have a come from behind win against Hader on top of a no hitter from Mills less than 24 hrs later, Iíd tell you that youíre crazy.

But nonetheless, itís a great series W for the boys.
    I missed the no-no live, but it's still fantastic nonetheless. Mills might have earned himself a start in Round 1 of playoffs. He wasn't even supposed to be in the rotation this season until Q went down. When was the last time a #6 starter threw a no-no?

Hopefully this series can build some confidence and momentum in this team ahead of the playoffs, and we end up having a strong 2 weeks coming up.

IGT: 9/11-9/13 Cubs(26-19) @ Brewers(18-22)

Iím really happy for Mills. He has a cool story and he had a great moment today. I would not change anything in terms of playoff plans based on today.

Speaking of the playoffs, Fangraphs has them at 100.0% to make the playoffs after win 28 today and 90% to win the division.

If the Cubs lose out:
    Milwaukee would need to 9-7 to pass them.
    The reds would need to go 8-5 to pass them
    The cards would need to go 9-11 to pass them

The brewers play 13 of 16 remaining games vs the cards and reds, so somebody needs to lose those games.

If 2 of those 3 things do happen then:
    The 3rd team above would also need to pass them or the Rockies would need to go 8-6 or the Mets 8-5 while the marlins, and Phillies stay ahead of the cubs too and that would leave the cubs out of the playoffs.

Iím pretty certain if they lose out they would still make it at this point.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-13-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Just when we thought it was only a two starter team Lester and Mills throw gems. Really good to see.

I missed every second of this series and the Bears game as well

First off, awesome for Alec Mills. Great story, and to have your name in history like he did is something no one can take away. Very happy for him. I'm sure that's going be something awesome to tell his kids and grandkids for years to come.

That said, let's not change our playoff plans for this. Using expected BA on his hard hits, this happens 1 out of 1,300 times or so. He generated 5 swings and misses. This is the same pitcher who over his last 6 starts (30 IP), had a 6.00 ERA and a 5.61 FIP. We can't ignore all of what we know about Mills despite the magical day. We can both be super happy for Mills, have enjoyed the magical run today but also note that Mills isn't capable of getting this lucky again. I wouldn't drop Darvish from a playoff rotation if he got blown up in his next start, and I hope we don't as fans want to think this start should earn Mills one.

Also, glad to see we've essentially cemented the playoffs. The Cubs remain a flawed team, but have made the best out of their situation enough this year. We probably don't win a WS. But hey, Alec Mills on any other day, doesn't throw a no-hitter. There was a .07% chance none of those hits dropped. The Cubs, according to FG have a 5.4% chance to win the WS. Considering those odds...I'm saying there's at least a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    First off, awesome for Alec Mills. Great story, and to have your name in history like he did is something no one can take away. Very happy for him. I'm sure that's going be something awesome to tell his kids and grandkids for years to come.

That said, let's not change our playoff plans for this. Using expected BA on his hard hits, this happens 1 out of 1,300 times or so. He generated 5 swings and misses. This is the same pitcher who over his last 6 starts (30 IP), had a 6.00 ERA and a 5.61 FIP. We can't ignore all of what we know about Mills despite the magical day. We can both be super happy for Mills, have enjoyed the magical run today but also note that Mills isn't capable of getting this lucky again. I wouldn't drop Darvish from a playoff rotation if he got blown up in his next start, and I hope we don't as fans want to think this start should earn Mills one.

Also, glad to see we've essentially cemented the playoffs. The Cubs remain a flawed team, but have made the best out of their situation enough this year. We probably don't win a WS. But hey, Alec Mills on any other day, doesn't throw a no-hitter. There was a .07% chance none of those hits dropped. The Cubs, according to FG have a 5.4% chance to win the WS. Considering those odds...I'm saying there's at least a chance.
    If Bryant, Rizzo, and Javy remember how to hit, we could make a run. Ride Darvish and Hendricks and hope the pen continues their recent success. Hope Marquez will be a shot in the arm and works out the way we hope it can. Need Jose Martinez to come back and be what he has been his whole career. I know Iím asking a lot here, but Iím kinda not at the same time. Iím just asking for some guys to be who theyíve always been. Itís not like Iím asking Jason Kipnis to be who he was 4 years ago. Or Mills to pitch like an ace. If the 4 bats I mentioned play to their track record and Marquez can be dominant out of the pen, then I like our chances to make something happen. As we currently sit today, I donít like our chances to make it far. We will see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hats off to Mills! Maybe the worst no hitter I've ever watched but a no hitter it was, beyond happy for him and will give the team some juice.

I was happier to see the offense do real work today and score so many runs with only, I think, 1 HR? That's pretty darn good.

I was doom posting in the middle of yesterday's game but this team really surprised me since then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Hats off to Mills! Maybe the worst no hitter I've ever watched but a no hitter it was, beyond happy for him and will give the team some juice.

I was happier to see the offense do real work today and score so many runs with only, I think, 1 HR? That's pretty darn good.

I was doom posting in the middle of yesterday's game but this team really surprised me since then.
    AJ Burnett's, to me, clearly significantly worse. I would call Mills no-hitter the most unlikiest no hitter.
    Screw sabermetics.

Not to toot my own horn here but
    [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]
    My first IGT provided a dramatic come from behind 9th inning win and a No Hitter

[emoji16][emoji28][emoji1787][emoji23]

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Not to toot my own horn here but
    [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]
    My first IGT provided a dramatic come from behind 9th inning win and a No Hitter

[emoji16][emoji28][emoji1787][emoji23]

LMAO
    that is very true.

Legendary IGT indeed

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

This run-scoring isn't a trend yet, but it's nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    If the Cubs lose out:
    Milwaukee would need to 9-7 to pass them.
    The reds would need to go 8-5 to pass them
    The cards would need to go 9-11 to pass them
    The Cardinals are only 4 games back. If the Cubs lose out, the Cardinals only need to win 5 games. They aren't going to be playing all 60 of their games. Manfred has already said that the Cardinals would only need to reach 50-55 games to remain "credible." This season is going to be based on win %, just like it did in 1981 for the strike.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    The Cardinals are only 4 games back. If the Cubs lose out, the Cardinals only need to win 5 games. They aren't going to be playing all 60 of their games. Manfred has already said that the Cardinals would only need to reach 50-55 games to remain "credible." This season is going to be based on win %, just like it did in 1981 for the strike.
    The cards have 18 games remaining on their current schedule and the other 2 are planned to be made up on the Monday after the season if necessary. Unless they get Covid again or there are a lot of rainouts the cards will play 58-60 games.

Plus If the cards win 5 games that means they lose at least 13. If they go 5-13 the rest of the way their winning percentage will be lower than the Cubs even if the Cubs lost out. The cards would need to win more than 5 games.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-14-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast