Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Through this past off-season, I was all on board with paying KB big money. Like, $200MM+, make him a Cub for life money.

Now? I'm not sure I'd sign him for $150MM and 5 years.
    I believe heíll be traded, but the Cubs might have to take back some money to get a decent prospect.

Through this past off-season, I was all on board with paying KB big money. Like, $200MM+, make him a Cub for life money.

Now? I'm not sure I'd sign him for $150MM and 5 years.
    If Theo plans on extending for another 5 yrs
    He going to do a quick retool

My offseason feeling is that out of the regular position players we see today

Contreras Rizzo Hoerner and Happ will be the only ones definitely returning next year.

Schwarber I'm 50/50 with because of the future DH possibility

Heyward, I think Theo will try to get him to agree to a trade to a team of his choice(s)

I think they will try and get as much as they can with trading both Bryant and Baez

Just my thinking

The sad thing about this is that we are likely to see this same offense next year . Donít see too many teams willing to take on the money some of these guys will make in 2021.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Off Monday and Thursday
    Well... in my defense, I've had a couple beers...

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    So...whoís going to be the hitting coach next year?
    You all know thatís going to be the big offseason move.
    A fourth different hitting coach in five seasons won't change a thing unless they finally break up the core of this extremely flawed and painfully unwatchable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    If Theo plans on extending for another 5 yrs
    He going to do a quick retool

My offseason feeling is that out of the regular position players we see today

Contreras Rizzo Hoerner and Happ will be the only ones definitely returning next year.

Schwarber I'm 50/50 with because of the future DH possibility

Heyward, I think Theo will try to get him to agree to a trade to a team of his choice(s)

I think they will try and get as much as they can with trading both Bryant and Baez

Just my thinking
    Dfan25 pointed this out, but realistically, who is giving up anything significant for one season of Bryant or Baez? Both will be making big bucks via arbitration and have been trash this season.

Sure, it's a goofy year, but I can't see us getting anything meaningful in return.

At least we have Mitch Trubisky and the Bears to look forward to tomorrow...

Dfan25 pointed this out, but realistically, who is giving up anything significant for one season of Bryant or Baez? Both will be making big bucks via arbitration and have been trash this season.

Sure, it's a goofy year, but I can't see us getting anything meaningful in return.
    The Cubs need to be willing to take the money out of it if they are wanting to sell these guys for prospects. They have enough others coming off the payroll where they should be able to cut payroll significantly for 21 as long as competing isnít the goal.

Eat the money and get a real return if that is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    The Cubs need to be willing to take the money out of it if they are wanting to sell these guys for prospects. They have enough others coming off the payroll where they should be able to cut payroll significantly for 21 as long as competing isnít the goal.

Eat the money and get a real return if that is the plan.
    I mean, we just went through and off-season where not spending money was a massive priority. We're in the middle of a pandemic and revenue will be down. I see little chance scumbag Ricketts will be dropping dough this offseason.

Hendricks should sue Cub' offense for non-support.

I mean, we just went through and off-season where not spending money was a massive priority. We're in the middle of a pandemic and revenue will be down. I see little chance scumbag Ricketts will be dropping dough this offseason.
    It would cost more to keep them and pay their Arb salary then to trade and eat some cost while getting good prospects in return

Too bad for Hendricks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

I think itís a little different because the payroll would still be dropping and if they are selling a bunch of these guys the priority isnít competing in 2021 so they can only focus on taking on money that comes with prospects. This year they were trying to get under the tax but still win and it was all precovid so they wanted top prospects too.

Payroll wonít go up next year, but they could cancel out most of KB and Javyís 2021 money in a trade to get better prospects and still cut payroll by 30-40 million if they want next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Hendricks should sue Cub' offense for non-support.
    Lester too..

About to be 2 games where that they get good SP and end up getting shutout..

Tomorrow Mills will give up a bunch of runs and theyll probably score 4 or 5

Cubs ever gonna score?

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast