Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 427
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,503
    I admit that my expectations were high. For most of my life I would have been thrilled with where they are and hosting an NLDS game.

    Just seems like missed opportunities. They always needed a McNeil type elite guy to sandwich between these other good hitters. But they all turned out to be heavy swing and miss type guys at the plate except Rizzo.

    They have to find a niche, be an elite pitching team like Cleveland or Tampa or find an elite hitter. This in between thing doesnít work for me, two aces and nothing else, a bunch of good to very good hitters but no elite

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I admit that my expectations were high. For most of my life I would have been thrilled with where they are and hosting an NLDS game.

    Just seems like missed opportunities. They always needed a McNeil type elite guy to sandwich between these other good hitters. But they all turned out to be heavy swing and miss type guys at the plate except Rizzo.
    Rizzo turning into one too
    Just pound him inside

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    596
    Boy, has KB ever nose-dived, from MVP to MWP. Probably just cost Cubs and Hendricks this game.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-12-2020 at 08:23 PM.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Boy, has KB ever nose-dived, from MVP to MWP. Probably just cost Cubs abd Hendricks this game.
    Offense not scoring will cost them the game

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,503
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Offense not scoring will cost them the game
    It would be exciting if they could actually spend and upgrade the team. My entire outlook on the team would be different, Iím sure they wonít spent next off season either

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Offense not scoring will cost them the game
    They might score one somehow, chances of them scoring 3 are very slim.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,507
    https://twitter.com/fylertree/status...010805248?s=21

    Didnít even realize this...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    They might score one somehow, chances of them scoring 3 are very slim.
    That what so gut wrenching with this team

    Normally if a SP gives up 2 or 3 runs, you feel ok theyll pull this out, but with this team, they give up 1 run and you feel like it over half the time [emoji19]..

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,620
    Pitching for this team has got to be so gut wrenching. You give up a couple runs and the win feels out of reach.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    https://twitter.com/fylertree/status...010805248?s=21

    Didnít even realize this...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think that's right?

    Brewers tomorrow.
    Cleveland Tuesday/Wedensday.
    Off day.
    Twins Friday to Sunday.
    Pirates MOnday to Thursday.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    It would be exciting if they could actually spend and upgrade the team. My entire outlook on the team would be different, Iím sure they wonít spent next off season either
    I dont know.
    I think they'll be upgraded just by not bringing back a couple of players, trades they make, and I think they will have enough money from that to sign a couple significant FA

    I see a little bit of a different team next season

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,620
    Through this past off-season, I was all on board with paying KB big money. Like, $200MM+, make him a Cub for life money.

    Now? I'm not sure I'd sign him for $150MM and 5 years.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,060
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I don't think that's right?

    Brewers tomorrow.
    Cleveland Tuesday/Wedensday.
    Off day.
    Twins Friday to Sunday.
    Pirates MOnday to Thursday.
    Off Monday and Thursday

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,273
    Cubs have 1 more inning to tie this up before Williams/Hader.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I don't think that's right?
    Brewers tomorrow.
    Cleveland Tuesday/Wedensday.
    Off day.
    Twins Friday to Sunday.
    Pirates MOnday to Thursday.
    What about this Monday and Thursday? And they just showed that is in fact , correct, Monday and Thursday are off days.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-12-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •