Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: 9/11-9/13 Cubs(26-19) @ Brewers(18-22)

Game 1:
    Lester 2-2 5.80

Woodruff 2-3 2.91

Game 2:
    Hendricks 5-4 3.41

Anderson 2-3 4.64

Game 3:
    Mills 4-3 4.74

Houser 1-4 5.48

Baez getting a needed day off
    Hopefully he watching videos [emoji39]

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1304...975621632?s=09

Not as good as 08, hope it ok

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Not as good as 08, hope it ok
    Anything works with me. Thanks, chibears!

2016 World Series Champions!!!

It's strange to think that we are probably watching the final starts of Lester's career in a Cubs uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    It's strange to think that we are probably watching the final starts of Lester's career in a Cubs uniform.
    It could be the last starts of his entire career as well.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    It's sad to see how hard he fell off. I wonder how different things would be if we went after Scherzer instead

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    It's sad to see how hard he fell off. I wonder how different things would be if we went after Scherzer instead
    More expensive [emoji16]

Scherzer got 37.5 last year, 35.9 this year, and 34.5 next year at age 36

Assuming payroll stayed the same, we would of probably seen even lesser talented players at other positions the last 2 years

So the talent level overall probably worse because of payroll
    Last edited by chibears55; 09-11-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Cubs have optioned Alzolay. Recalled Brothers.

Joy. More Rex Brothers.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Cubs have optioned Alzolay. Recalled Brothers.

Joy. More Rex Brothers.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Why the simply refusing to use young and probably better arms, because reasons, is beyond me. Brothers sucks and has no business on the ml roster, same goes for, quite frankly, too many other personnel that is currently taking up spots.

At least Baez is getting a much needed day off.
    Screw sabermetics.

Eh. Kind of like trading Torres for Chapman and winning the World Series. If we donít make the trade, maybe there is no World Series. Sort of the same with Lester over Scherzer. Lester was fantastic in the postseason. Max wasnít. I wouldnít want to rewrite history like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Eh. Kind of like trading Torres for Chapman and winning the World Series. If we donít make the trade, maybe there is no World Series. Sort of the same with Lester over Scherzer. Lester was fantastic in the postseason. Max wasnít. I wouldnít want to rewrite history like that.
    I know it's so easy especially with how great Scherzer has been, but I think people forget that offseason. People laughed about Scherzer wanting $200m (people were obviously stupid, I thought he was asking too much, too, and I was stupid). He waited until January because of how much he wanted. People thought Boras was nuts. But there was a lot of worry about his injury history (people were considered about his knee, if I remember, despite making all of his starts). Lester, also, had the connection to the FO and gave us an in (we were awful in 2014).

Lester was a great FA signing. He was worth every penny. There may have been a better sign out there, but Lester was great. We shouldn't spend much time playing what-if there. You're right, we don't want to re-write history right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Why the simply refusing to use young and probably better arms, because reasons, is beyond me. Brothers sucks and has no business on the ml roster, same goes for, quite frankly, too many other personnel that is currently taking up spots.

At least Baez is getting a much needed day off.
    Yeah I'm quite confused as to why the team is just shuttling these **** arms around.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah I'm quite confused as to why the team is just shuttling these **** arms around.
    Itís bizarre. I didnít even realize Brothers was still in the organization. After this weekend the Cubs are done playing any NL team with any chance of seeing them in the playoffs. If Marquez is being held back as a secret weapon for October, itíll be time to bring him up on Monday.

Itís also really strange that none of the high draft picks the last 2 years have been in the SB camp. Even if you arenít bringing him up, donít you want Ryan Jensen competing someplace?
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-11-2020 at 07:18 PM.

IMOP, some really well invested money with Lester. The guy works hard to be able to not miss his turn in the rotation....30+ starts every year he's been here. Father Time doing a number on him these days and it's sad to see but he's given the Cubs their money's worth, that's for sure.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast