Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Tbh all of wentz issues are solved by the same thing. Itís being smarter with the ball. Throwing it away

One thing he was doing at the end of last season was being smarter with the ball. Checking down when needed, throwing away when needed, taking what the defense gives him more

He kinda shed that thing of needing to hit homeruns

Coulda used that a little today

Itís like the eagles call smarter plays with less talent. Itís like with nick foles they were more efficient. Itís like when they have healthy talent WRs and a healthy wentz they decide to run before they walk

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Tbh all of wentz issues are solved by the same thing. Itís being smarter with the ball. Throwing it away

One thing he was doing at the end of last season was being smarter with the ball. Checking down when needed, throwing away when needed, taking what the defense gives him more

He kinda shed that thing of needing to hit homeruns

Coulda used that a little today

Itís like the eagles call smarter plays with less talent. Itís like with nick foles they were more efficient. Itís like when they have healthy talent WRs and a healthy wentz they decide to run before they walk
    100% agreed

Itís like they see thereís a problem so they need to play a certain way but reality is if they played that way all the time theyíd be waaay better

The eagles need to give wentz more designed roll outs. He only had 1 all game. I wonder if the groin is still effecting him a little bit

The play calling needs to be 100% better on Doug's end....he needed to construct a gameplan for that amount of backups he had to play yesterday....He didn't have his #1's playing out there....the game plan should've been simpler for the amount of backups and rookies that were on the field. It's game 1 for god's sake....those guys don't get to run the plays in practice enough to know everything.

My takes from yesterday's game....

It looks like another year where the pass rush is going to be non-existent.
    The Eagles DO need a big back in the backfied.
    I don't think Doug is a good play caller.....I know it sounds like a broken record, but the Super Bowl year having those other coaches in the fold disguised Doug's shortcomings and now we're seeing them more week in and week out...
    Carson needs to figure out that "internal" QB clock and get rid of the ball is nothing is there....stop holding on to it.
    Howie screwed this O-Line up. Once Brooks went down they should've found a better choice of replacement - not Jason Peters.
    Peters looked very old and slow against that D-Line of Washington.....and it won't get any better from here....
    Doug's play-calling is very plain and predictable. He runs a West Coast offense from 1995.

I place this loss more so on the coaching then Carson. He didn't gamble and make them go for 4th and whatever twice....Carson does have to take care of the ball better....he's been in the league long enough that his BS postgame conference "I gotta take better care of the ball" etc....same crap different week and year.

I also think that Doug was a big reason for the loss. Punt the ball instead of going for it.
    YES - If the O line doesn't improve, this is going to be a VERY long year - but, saying that, 1 game is still only 1 game. MAYBE the heat got to them and they wore down. (At least, that's what I would like to hope).

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    The play calling needs to be 100% better on Doug's end....he needed to construct a gameplan for that amount of backups he had to play yesterday....He didn't have his #1's playing out there....the game plan should've been simpler for the amount of backups and rookies that were on the field. It's game 1 for god's sake....those guys don't get to run the plays in practice enough to know everything.

My takes from yesterday's game....

It looks like another year where the pass rush is going to be non-existent.
    The Eagles DO need a big back in the backfied.
    I don't think Doug is a good play caller.....I know it sounds like a broken record, but the Super Bowl year having those other coaches in the fold disguised Doug's shortcomings and now we're seeing them more week in and week out...
    Carson needs to figure out that "internal" QB clock and get rid of the ball is nothing is there....stop holding on to it.
    Howie screwed this O-Line up. Once Brooks went down they should've found a better choice of replacement - not Jason Peters.
    Peters looked very old and slow against that D-Line of Washington.....and it won't get any better from here....
    Doug's play-calling is very plain and predictable. He runs a West Coast offense from 1995.

I place this loss more so on the coaching then Carson. He didn't gamble and make them go for 4th and whatever twice....Carson does have to take care of the ball better....he's been in the league long enough that his BS postgame conference "I gotta take better care of the ball" etc....same crap different week and year.
    Peters played well yesterday.

Washington played in the same weather....and it didn't get to them....

Strength and Conditioning may have to be questioned too...

I didn't think Peters played that well....the line as a whole didn't play well....but there were a quite a few plays that he couldn't get that first step on the DE's and led to breakdowns in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I donít know about that lol. Do people remember the first half of the season. The playcalling was much worse. People including me were calling for grohs head

I actually thought the playcalling early was fun, but what it looked like was they started to think they were the golden state warriors and started launching 3 pointers

The line couldnít hold the play style

Guys were open sometimes and if there was blocking I think you may have seen a pretty high scoring output from the eagles

The staff made zero adjustments after some additional injuries to the line. You can't constantly expect to attack the field vertically if the offensive line is in shambles. We needed to reel it back in and create some quick short passes to get back into some type of rhythm. Some creativity around the line of scrimmage would have been nice, where were the screens/end around/quick slants?

Like we missed Reagor on that long bomb and then decide to chuck it down the other side of the field on the very next play.

Hundred percent Wentz injured something yesterday from those hits because I saw him wincing a couple times then trying to play it off. Would not shock me 100% if dude is going to now play through some injury.

I undeestand no pre season so we have to kind of get into the swing of things but we lost to one of the worst teams in the league and now are going to face a defense more disgusting than this weeks.
    Dougie should take pointers from McVay this week. Use these speed guys on jet motions and quick screens man and help lessen the blows on Carson.

Also Desean has become wayyy better on his route running and getting open and i don't understand why the best WR currently on roster was barely on the god damn field.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

On a positive though our defense is going to be legit this year and I mean elite level. Once Barnett, Hargreaves and Graham come back watch the hell out.

Also Goedart looked really good blocking and getting down field. Our offense and the Rams offense is built the absolute same, just run the 11 personnel and use these speedy and shifty WRs in different ways and maximize their talents.

Every great offensive coach does this from Andy to Kyle Shannahan to Mcvay. Dougie needs to adapt now.

Also positive us losing made betting nice on our superb owl odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Hundred percent Wentz injured something yesterday from those hits because I saw him wincing a couple times then trying to play it off. Would not shock me 100% if dude is going to now play through some injury.

I undeestand no pre season so we have to kind of get into the swing of things but we lost to one of the worst teams in the league and now are going to face a defense more disgusting than this weeks.
    Dougie should take pointers from McVay this week. Use these speed guys on jet motions and quick screens man and help lessen the blows on Carson.

Also Desean has become wayyy better on his route running and getting open and i don't understand why the best WR currently on roster was barely on the god damn field.
    The way that Desean was wincing all of the time, he MAY have been hurt. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    The staff made zero adjustments after some additional injuries to the line. You can't constantly expect to attack the field vertically if the offensive line is in shambles. We needed to reel it back in and create some quick short passes to get back into some type of rhythm. Some creativity around the line of scrimmage would have been nice, where were the screens/end around/quick slants?

Like we missed Reagor on that long bomb and then decide to chuck it down the other side of the field on the very next play.
    I absolutely agree. The best way I can describe it was ego playcalling

It was almost as if every play call had ego to it. It was like they threw away the basics and wanted to try and run Washington out of the stadium

Quote - "The NFL is boring".

I donít know about the rams defense being way better than the redskins. I mean the redskins have one of the best defensive lines in football. They have 3 stud first rounders and Ryan Kerrigan

And theyíre athletic all over

Ya they donít have an Aaron Donald but I seriously wouldnít say the gap is as high as people think. Ron Rivera is a top tier defensive coach and his D-coordinator is also a top tier defensive coach

You literally have 2 of the best defensive minds in football on the same team with an incredible defensive line

Difference with the rams is they have a much better offense. But Iíll tell you this, if the redskins had an offense. If they had a good QB, I think theyíd be in contention for best in the division. I think theyíre defense is more formidable than Dallas by far. We just gave Haskins a short field 3 times where they only needed 20 yards to score

That cost us the game. Iím not as worried about the rams as everyone else is here. I actually think the eagles have a good shot as long as they figure out the line. Meaning either bring in Cordy Glenn, or lane gets back healthy. Or have Glenn start at guard even if lane is healthy

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast