Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If Harden Gets tradedÖ Where to?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knicks

1 14.29%
  • Spurs

0 0%
  • Boston

0 0%
  • Bucks

0 0%
  • Portland

0 0%
  • OKC lol

0 0%
  • Denver

0 0%
  • Cavs

0 0%
  • Hawks

0 0%
  • Bulls

0 0%
  • Raptors

0 0%
  • 76ers

1 14.29%
  • Magic

0 0%
  • Pistons

0 0%
  • Pelicans

0 0%
  • Westbrook will get traded

2 28.57%
  • Harden will not Get Traded

4 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I donít hate Harden. Thereís a difference in how they drew fouls. Harden is throwing his head and swinging his arms everywhere just trying to find any contact. Also does the thing at the 3 point line where he uses a screen and keeps his defender on his back then throws it up real fast after the defender comes over the screen to get a foul on his hip.

Wade was just too fast and was going to try and dunk on you every time and didnít care if he got laid out by the bigs. He attacked with full force. He also had the best pump fake weíve ever seen so he was getting guys in the air and drawing contact.
    Im a rockets fan, but give me prime flash > Harden.

Wade in his first ship run was incredible. He dragged a half washed shaq, along with a bunch of whatevers on his back to ship.

With that said, I still dont think Harden was ever on a rockets team that was legit considered a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I mean, that series along with the Lakers/Kings series are undeniably the 2 most controversial series in NBA modern history. I would love to see a 30-for-30 about both series. Literally, a ref who served time in prison for admittedly betting on games called out the refs/NBA fixing that series. He even made a video doing a play-by-play of the series.

At the end of the day, my being salty (rightfully so) doesn't affect my ability to be rational and objective though. You should at least respect that I defend truth, even when it's against a player I loathe.
    Haha if thatís what you need to cling to to make yourself feel better about it go for it brother! The refs didnít make all wades clutch shots for him and they didnít make dirk miss his clutch free throws at the end of I believe game 3 that wouldíve won them the game. I think dirk broke the record for FTA in a postseason that season too. No one on the Mavs could stay in front of Wade but weíll agree to disagree!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Theres isnt a player in the league that can win a ship with a washed up WB, or a washed up versian of Howard. Name me one.

With out enough talent nothing else matters. You cant win with those guys as your 2nd fiddle.

Best player Harden has had on his team in Houston is by far Chris Paul, and Paul got injured in the playoffa when it counted.
    iirc WB had one of his most efficient if not his most efficient season of his career. I just donít think heís a winning player regardless.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Im a rockets fan, but give me prime flash > Harden.

Wade in his first ship run was incredible. He dragged a half washed shaq, along with a bunch of whatevers on his back to ship.

With that said, I still dont think Harden was ever on a rockets team that was legit considered a contender.
    Youíre a smart man!!

8/24/2

iirc WB had one of his most efficient if not his most efficient season of his career. I just donít think heís a winning player regardless.
    Yeah he def isnt. watch him play just one quarter now, youll soon realize this guy might not ever win another playoff series again in his life lol.. he just not a smart player. Theres 0 ball iq there.

Thats an interesting take. They would sorta be perfect for eachother wouldnt they.. and I agree neither player is with out flaws
    I just don't know how it will happen. Neither Bucks or Houston have the asset to acquire one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Youtube clips are the poor man's argument. If someone wants to point out something good or bad about a player's game, all they do is have to find a small sample size of tape, record it and slap together a 3-minute Youtube video. That's why Harden has had the moniker of being a poor defender, even though those Youtube clips and highlights are years old.
    Did you watch the video (& there are many more)? & if so, how did it make you feel as a Rockets fan?

His actions on the court is why I would NEVER want him in a HEAT jersey.

Also, get over yourself about Wade. This notion that Wade was that drastically superior a player to Harden is ridiculous. Better postseason performer and defender? Absolutely. But Harden's regular season numbers and overall offensive game are superior. There's a case to be made for Harden > Wade, and although I wouldn't personally make it, it's still not as ridiculous as you're making it out to be.
    Harden is a scorer... Wade is judged on his all around game & skill set.

It's not fair to compare them against each other. They are both great in what they do/did.

It's not about "blaming" anyone. We have this notion in the NBA as fans that something is wrong with a player if they never win a title. There's not. Winning a championship is ****ing hard, especially when you play in an era of superteams where players have as much power as they do today.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

So statistically relatively close while Wade was a far superior defender and didnít fold in the playoffs and carried his team to a championship. Thatís not that close to me. Idk what this thing is going around PSD lately just throwing away the fact that guys like Giannis and Harden choke in the playoffs and trying to compare them and pick them over guys who were able to take over in the post season and bring their teams championships but itís very weird to me.
    You're acting like you're not comparing the 3rd and 4th best shooting guards of all time.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You're acting like you're not comparing the 3rd and 4th best shooting guards of all time.
    Yeah but with the rings Wade is a lock for 3rd. If Harden doesnt win he can fall down the list. Are Ray Allen and Reggie Miller 5&6??

Yeah but with the rings Wade is a lock for 3rd. If Harden doesnt win he can fall down the list. Are Ray Allen and Reggie Miller 5&6??
    If Harden retired tomorrow he would be the 4th best
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

He should be ranked/compared on an offensive list. Like who are the top 20 best scorers...etc

Those SG's put in all around hard work. There is no way you can say that Harden is a better basketball player then Manu Ginobili. No way.

But if you wanted to rank the best offensive SG's, then for sure Harden will be up at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Is it Time to Trade James Harden? (Reports)

Mavs fans are so salty 15 years later about Wade beating them in the 06 finals lmao. Get the **** over it redrum you sound pitiful. Did I hate dirk after they beat us in 2011 after LeBrons choke job? Yes for a year or so but itís not that serious.
    How would we know? You werenít a part of this site in 2011. Wade03 was but not you

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    How would we know? You werenít a part of this site in 2011. Wade03 was but not you
    You know because I answered it in the post.

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    He should be ranked/compared on an offensive list. Like who are the top 20 best scorers...etc

Those SG's put in all around hard work. There is no way you can say that Harden is a better basketball player then Manu Ginobili. No way.

But if you wanted to rank the best offensive SG's, then for sure Harden will be up at the top.
    Yes, I can, and easily will. Manu was never asked to handle the massive offensive workload of Harden, and frankly would have been incapable of it. He had the benefit of always being the 2nd or 3rd offensive option on an all-time great team surrounded by other Hall of Famers, and he came off the freaking bench most of his career. He's an inferior athlete to Harden who put up inferior numbers and was asked to do exponentially less in terms of workload.

God, the man only topped 30 minutes per game twice in his entire career, for Christ's sake! Look, don't get me wrong, Manu is a phenomenal player who I have a tremendous amount of respect for, but Harden is Manu 2.0. He took what Manu did as a playmaking, crafty 2-guard and pumped it up to 11 for maximum efficiency and production. He's in my top 10 SGs of all-time, but he's nowhere near Harden's level. In fact, I'd easily put Drexler, T-Mac and Ray Allen ahead of Manu as well.

He would be 5th best unless you have Jerry West at PG.

MJ/Kobe/West/Wade/Harden, then guys like Reggie/Drexler/AI/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He would be 5th best unless you have Jerry West at PG.

MJ/Kobe/West/Wade/Harden, then guys like Reggie/Drexler/AI/etc.
    I think that's fair. To me, the top 5 is pretty locked in. Harden's best bet to pass West and Wade would be longevity, and he'd have to win a ring in there. If he had Lebron or Kobe-like longevity and earned a couple of rings along the way, I think he could realistically climb to third (I could say second, but I know I'll get destroyed for it).

The rings are unlikely at this point, though, at least with him as a No. 1 guy. It would take a huge shift in Rockets personnel or the Rockets trading him. Harden is still pretty young, though. If they somehow found a way to move Westbrook in a year or two when his contract was more moveable and somehow ended up with a No. 2 who didn't suck while Harden still had some prime left, I'm still not ruling it out.

Once you get out of that top 5, ranking those guys is hard. I tried doing it, and it was tough. Even with me not being the biggest AI fan, I have a hard time keeping him out of the top 10, but then who do you drop to make room for him? Allen? McGrady? Manu? Reggie? Then there's Gervin, who doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678