Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Skip Bayless criticizes Prescott going public with mental health battle

Fox Sports does "not agree" with Skip Bayless' comments criticizing Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott for coming forward speaking about his battle with depression.

Bayless said on his "Undisputed" show Thursday "I don't have sympathy for him going public with, 'I got depressed' and 'I suffered depression early in COVID to the point that I couldn't even go work out.' Look, he's the quarterback of America's team."'

Prescott said during a television interview that the coronavirus pandemic and the suicide of one of his brothers by suicide this spring carried a heavy emotional burden. He told reporters on Thursday that he sought help from family and the Cowboys.

That wasn't good enough for Bayless, who said that Prescott should have kept his struggles private or shared with only a limited group of people because of his role as an NFL starting quarterback. Co-host Shannon Sharpe quickly rebuked Bayless for his remarks.

Fox Sports said in its statement that Prescott showed courage in revealing his struggles with depression and mental health before admonishing Bayless.

"We do not agree with Skip Bayless' opinion on Undisputed this morning. We have addressed the significance of this matter with Skip and how his insensitive comments were received by people internally at Fox Sports and our audience," the statement said.

Bayless moved from ESPN to Fox in 2016. His four year, $25 million US contract expires this month.
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/n...sion-1.5720042

Definitely not a fan of Skip Bayless. Obviously he's entitled and paid quite handsomely for his opinion, but I mean, that's a pretty low thing to say at a time when we're encouraging people to speak out about mental health.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Skip Bayless is a moron....shocking news
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

these shows are extremely scripted... first take, undisputed, first things first ect... they probably picked Skip to have this opinion on him bc hes the biggest Dak lover in America, so his opinion wouldnt come off as "just hating on him"
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

More accurate headline: Skip Stirs ****, Generates Clicks

It mighta been scripted but if this was presented to me Id refuse

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    It mighta been scripted but if this was presented to me Id refuse
    Eh, maybe...rumor is his salary is 5 million annually. If I was paid 5mil a year to talk on TV for 150 minutes a day, I'd probably say whatever my producers told me to.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Skip is a clown

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Eh, maybe...rumor is his salary is 5 million annually. If I was paid 5mil a year to talk on TV for 150 minutes a day, I'd probably say whatever my producers told me to.
    This. I'd slander this man and his entire family every week for a 7 figure salary lol.

He already does. He says crazy things daily but Id put my foot down on certain things. If they want to fire me for having morales then so be it. Hes probably got enough money that he wouldnt have to work another day in his life anyway

There are some topics you just don't play with for ratings....if that was scripted it only makes things worse.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Skip says stuff for reaction but i am surprised by his stance on this subject.

Skip is a clown

I'm shocked more players haven't come out criticizing Dak honestly.

What he did was courageous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

these shows are extremely scripted... first take, undisputed, first things first ect... they probably picked Skip to have this opinion on him bc hes the biggest Dak lover in America, so his opinion wouldnt come off as "just hating on him"
    Bingo. Idk why anyone takes what these guys say seriously. 100% scripted.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 09-13-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Bingo. Idk why anyone takes what these guys take seriously. 100% scripted.
    well I for one take the subject of mental illness quite seriously, so any network that would actually script something like that drops way off my viewing schedule
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast