Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    They were underperforming with SVG, he did what he had to do imo.
    They were 11-10 dealing with injuries. This is the very year after they went 59-23 and lost in 7 games to the Detroit Pistons in the ECF. SVG should not have been replaced so quickly. He was because Riley knew they were a contender and wanted to coach another championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Middle of the playoff seeds in the east, probably around 5th. But they're playing more like a 1-2 seed right now. It'll be interesting to see how they perform against Toronto or Boston. I think Miami has the best player in that series in Butler, but I think those teams might have more really good to great players overall on their rosters.

Should they get to the Finals, though, I do think the Lakers or Clippers will win fairly easily (6 games tops) against any of those three teams. In the same way that the Rockets played well in Game 3, but still didn't really come close to winning, I just don't think other teams in the league are as talented at the top as the two LA squads.
    Yea weíll have the best player possibly best 2 players in the series but all 3 teams are just so deep itís hard to tell. Anyone could get hot and change everything.

I actually like how weíve played both of those teams this season but I realize the playoffs are different.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Pat Riley Thread

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They were 11-10 dealing with injuries. This is the very year after they went 59-23 and lost in 7 games to the Detroit Pistons in the ECF. SVG should not have been replaced so quickly. He was because Riley knew they were a contender and wanted to coach another championship team.
    Riley had been coaching for a long time at that point and had a lot of success under his belt. I think he just had a hard time watching without feeling a need to interject himself bc he felt he knew better. I remember when Spro became coach I read an article that said Riley actually banned himself from practice for this very reason.

Was it fair to SVG? Probably not but I donít think it was just Pat thinking he could get another easy ring as coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-11-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Riley had been coaching for a long time at that point and had a lot of success under his belt. I think he just had a hard time watching without feeling a need to interject himself bc he felt he knew better. I remember when Spro became coach I read an article that said Riley actually banned himself from practice for this very reason.

Was it fair to SVG? Probably not but I donít think it was just Pat thinking he could get another easy ring as coach
    You're right. I agree there were probably a lot of feelings that went into that decision. But it was still a pretty douchy thing to do.

Pat Riley Thread

You're right. I agree there were probably a lot of feelings that went into that decision. But it was still a pretty douchy thing to do.
    Definitely not fair to Stan. Iím sure him and his brother looked up to Riley too.

Last edited by ewing; 09-11-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Definitely not fair to Stan. Iím sure him and his brother looked up Riley too.

I mean JVG looks up at everybody.

LoL I didn't know JFV is 5'9" and SVG is 5'8".

Pat Riley Thread

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I mean JVG looks up at everybody.

LoL I didn't know JFV is 5'9" and SVG is 5'8".
    One of the Greatest moments in NBA history

Last edited by ewing; 09-11-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Definitely not fair to Stan. Iím sure him and his brother looked up to Riley too.

bruh he had lost the team. Shaq calls him the master of panic or something in his book, zo says he wasn't ready in his, its fair game in the NBA.

One of the Greatest moments in NBA history

What's the logic tho? Grab his leg like a grabbler

Riley is great at both coaching and being a GM. My only problem with him is pushing out SVG in Miami so he could win another ring.
    Lol! **** SVG! He wasnít going to win that championship.

Not many coaches in NBA history have won with multple wildly different styles, fewer have also won as GM.

Nobody involved at that level for that long gets by without leaving some bodies in their wake.

Pat Riley is a Don. The godfather of the NBA. Everything he touches turns to gold.

Pat Riley is a definite contender for greatest NBA personality of all time along with people like Jerry West and Red Auerbach.

The board seems to be is full of fair weather fans. I swear not so long ago I touted Pat Riley and was trashed on here for it

The board seems to be is full of fair weather fans. I swear not so long ago I touted Pat Riley and was trashed on here for it

Definitely fair weather, his greatness Canít be doubted.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast