Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    As a nation? Maybe not. You could argue that it was, once we ended up going to war with Iraq and Afghanistan as a result.

Still, 9/11 solidarity is something that as a Pakistani man, I have never seen. I was 5 years old when the planes hit the towers. I remember everything all of the sudden going quiet and somber. Suddenly, parents were coming to pick up their children and I was thinking “wow, going home at like 9/10am? Awesome!”

We left the school, I saw HUGE clouds of smoke coming from the northwest...dark black clouds, I thought there was a fire somewhere. I get home, and CNN is on...I see the first plane hit the tower. I didn’t really know what to think of it. Then suddenly, I remember the panic and the “oh my god” of the broadcaster when I saw the second plane hit on live tv. 5 years old, no wonder I’m so desensitized to these things.

I was too young to really comprehend the severity of what happened but it was honestly the beginning of what is basically referred to as the ‘post 9/11 era’

That is the era I grew up in. I remember in middle school, all of the people who would make terrorist jokes and signed my yearbook with racist **** like that. I remember getting into fights with other kids because they would call me Osama. I remember a bunch of white kids saying that Obama couldn’t be president because he was Muslim. I remember my dreams of being a pilot being shut down because “nobody would trust you to fly a plane”

Then as I got to high school, I remember more or less of the same. People making jokes like “oh my god, there’s an ominous beeping...zmaster is gonna kill us all!” Or how Osama Bin Laden was killed on my birthday so I got a lot of “happy birthday, I’m sorry for your loss” type of comments.

Then even on PSD, I’ve had people say some vile **** about me joining a terrorist group or passing judgement because of my ethnicity. I’ve told numerous stories about my encounters with racist people and even told a story about a guy I call ‘Johnny Trump’ a few times...and how I would be told to join ISIS or whatever.

So while everyone was sitting around holding hands and singing Kumbaya, it came at the expense of Arab, desi and all kinds of Muslim folks. We’re still seeing the lasting effects of xenophobia, ethnocentrism, and racism since 9/11.

RIP to all of those who lost their lives on the plane, in the WTC, and to all of those who were innocently killed because of the war on terror. It’s an awful trickle down that a lot of folks still refuse to acknowledge.
    Thanks for sharing your perspective.

The racism was always there, no one should pretend like it wasn't. This was actually a good thing since it exposed those people for their worthless beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    All I think about when I remember 9/11 is Bush using it as a reason to go kill brown people in Iraq, everyone LOVING it, and Americans still to this day being incredibly anti muslim/anti middle eastern.
    What happened was horrible. But the results have been worse.
    I fell into this trap too, I was all for war. Now I see it was truly a war on our civil liberties. Not to mention the trillions that went unaccounted for at the pentagon, all the funny coincidences regarding 911, the lack of footage and obviously doctored footage from that day.

Still cant believe Trump predicted the attack and who exactly would be blamed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I fell into this trap too, I was all for war. Now I see it was truly a war on our civil liberties. Not to mention the trillions that went unaccounted for at the pentagon, all the funny coincidences regarding 911, the lack of footage and obviously doctored footage from that day.

Still cant believe Trump predicted the attack and who exactly would be blamed for it.
    That didn’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That didn’t happen

What makes you think so. Dude legit called it in one of his books. It's funny, there's a theory that he's a time traveler

What makes you think so. Dude legit called it in one of his books. It's funny, there's a theory that he's a time traveler
    QAnon much?

https://apnews.com/87784813ce04460695b2ae04c47307a9

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Never got into Q, idk enough about it to really critique it but Ill check it out after the election.

As for the link, it provides the following

“One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy Number One, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

They paraphrased the other snippet but he says "I really am convinced we're in danger of the sort of terrorist attack that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers."

I remember him talking about Dancing Israelis afterwards but I dont remember the full quote.

Allegedly, Prince "predicted" it too back in the day lol. "Osama Bin laden gettin ready to bomb"

Bill Cooper (I hope you know who he is) predicted it in better detail, he predicted alot of whats happening today.

Also never forget, the BBC reported the collapse of Building 7 before it happened.

Never got into Q, idk enough about it to really critique it but Ill check it out after the election.

“One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy Number One, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

They paraphrased the other snippet but he says "I really am convinced we're in danger of the sort of terrorist attack that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers."

I remember him talking about Dancing Israelis afterwards but I dont remember the full quote.

Allegedly, Prince "predicted" it too back in the day lol. "Osama Bin laden gettin ready to bomb"

Bill Cooper (I hope you know who he is) predicted it in better detail, he predicted alot of whats happening today.

Also never forget, the BBC reported the collapse of Building 7 before it happened.
    This is all make believe.

I know all about William Cooper and def used to dig listening to his lectures; doesn't mean I'm going to latch on to every conspiracy theory out there.

This is all make believe.

Far from it. Actual quotes. The prince one might be shaky but ill see if I can find anything on it

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I know all about William Cooper and def used to dig listening to his lectures; doesn't mean I'm going to latch on to every conspiracy theory out there.
    There is a conspiracy to saturate the conspiracy community with fake conspiracies

n e a t

There is a conspiracy to saturate the conspiracy community with fake conspiracies
    I really laughed at this. Reminds me of Robert Downey in Tropic Thunder.

Far from it. Actual quotes. The prince one might be shaky but ill see if I can find anything on it
    You are insane

You are insane

You’re not insane enough

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast