Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 109

Thread: 9/11

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,747
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    You didn't come into the thread to show sympathy or remembrance. You came in here to complain about your plight. I was in jr high with a bunch of brown kids(they called themselves that), many of whom I was friends with, and they didn't sit around and feel sorry for themselves on 9/11.

    It's a total disgrace that we barely remember this day in this country anymore.
    You want some cheese with that whine? People can't shut up about 9/11 last I checked. Nothing at all wrong with remembering a transformative day in American history but you sound out of touch af.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I think itís a disgrace that people ignore the ramifications of 9/11 and act as if this country is being victimized. Itís been almost 20 years...there have been more COVID related deaths and deaths related to the bogus war that resulted after 9/11.

    Who you were friends with is wholly irrelevant. Nobody is feeling sorry for themselves, Iím just pointing out how this whole solidarity nonsense that everybody is preaching is total ********. Muslim families in NYC were being persecuted as a result of this, thatís what Iím highlighting.

    Donít try to tell me what I feel sorry for and who Iím grieving...Iím a native New Yorker that has seen this **** first hand. I know first responders who ended up dying because of 9/11 either due to the physical ramifications or the mental ones. I know a firefighter, may he Rest In Peace who lost his whole crew on 9/11, he pretty much drank himself to death.

    Iím highlighting the effects of 9/11 and that this whole Ďwe are oneí rhetoric is ********. Thatís pretty much it. You want to ignore it? Thatís fine but like I said, itís been almost 20 years, I think we can finally talk about this in a different tone.
    I can't imagine what you've been through but even as a college aged white dude at the time, I found all the American flags and over the top patriotism in the aftermath of 9/11 to be pretty phony and forced feeling.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I can't imagine what you've been through but even as a college aged white dude at the time, I found all the American flags and over the top patriotism in the aftermath of 9/11 to be pretty phony and forced feeling.
    You're white? Oh man, that makes it even better! 🤣

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah I miss those days, where all Americans were United in solidarity against Muslims. Truly beautiful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edit. Nvm. Didn't see your long post before commenting.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 09-11-2020 at 11:56 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,305
    I work in healthcare and EMS/Fire. I do not personally know anyone that died that day, but my niece was in New York in that area at a corporate meeting that day. She said it was absolutely surreal. I know several firefighters that knew some of the members of NYFD and several of the Psychologists where I worked went to counsel the survivors. It was a terrible day in our lives, one that ranks right up there with the assassination of JFK and the Challenger exploding.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    As a nation? Maybe not. You could argue that it was, once we ended up going to war with Iraq and Afghanistan as a result.

    Still, 9/11 solidarity is something that as a Pakistani man, I have never seen. I was 5 years old when the planes hit the towers. I remember everything all of the sudden going quiet and somber. Suddenly, parents were coming to pick up their children and I was thinking ďwow, going home at like 9/10am? Awesome!Ē

    We left the school, I saw HUGE clouds of smoke coming from the northwest...dark black clouds, I thought there was a fire somewhere. I get home, and CNN is on...I see the first plane hit the tower. I didnít really know what to think of it. Then suddenly, I remember the panic and the ďoh my godĒ of the broadcaster when I saw the second plane hit on live tv. 5 years old, no wonder Iím so desensitized to these things.

    I was too young to really comprehend the severity of what happened but it was honestly the beginning of what is basically referred to as the Ďpost 9/11 eraí

    That is the era I grew up in. I remember in middle school, all of the people who would make terrorist jokes and signed my yearbook with racist **** like that. I remember getting into fights with other kids because they would call me Osama. I remember a bunch of white kids saying that Obama couldnít be president because he was Muslim. I remember my dreams of being a pilot being shut down because ďnobody would trust you to fly a planeĒ

    Then as I got to high school, I remember more or less of the same. People making jokes like ďoh my god, thereís an ominous beeping...zmaster is gonna kill us all!Ē Or how Osama Bin Laden was killed on my birthday so I got a lot of ďhappy birthday, Iím sorry for your lossĒ type of comments.

    Then even on PSD, Iíve had people say some vile **** about me joining a terrorist group or passing judgement because of my ethnicity. Iíve told numerous stories about my encounters with racist people and even told a story about a guy I call ĎJohnny Trumpí a few times...and how I would be told to join ISIS or whatever.

    So while everyone was sitting around holding hands and singing Kumbaya, it came at the expense of Arab, desi and all kinds of Muslim folks. Weíre still seeing the lasting effects of xenophobia, ethnocentrism, and racism since 9/11.

    RIP to all of those who lost their lives on the plane, in the WTC, and to all of those who were innocently killed because of the war on terror. Itís an awful trickle down that a lot of folks still refuse to acknowledge.
    I was already grown when it happened. I used to kinda wonder what that heat was like for younger guys growing up. My lil bro started fighting, he's skinny and wirey but hes a tough mofo. He got some lil hands there, he learned.

    I know I felt pressure coming up, but it probably wasn't **** compared to what you felt. I remember that **** immediately kicking up on the day of 911. I knew what was coming.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I think itís a disgrace that people ignore the ramifications of 9/11 and act as if this country is being victimized. Itís been almost 20 years...there have been more COVID related deaths and deaths related to the bogus war that resulted after 9/11.

    Who you were friends with is wholly irrelevant. Nobody is feeling sorry for themselves, Iím just pointing out how this whole solidarity nonsense that everybody is preaching is total ********. Muslim families in NYC were being persecuted as a result of this, thatís what Iím highlighting.

    Donít try to tell me what I feel sorry for and who Iím grieving...Iím a native New Yorker that has seen this **** first hand. I know first responders who ended up dying because of 9/11 either due to the physical ramifications or the mental ones. I know a firefighter, may he Rest In Peace who lost his whole crew on 9/11, he pretty much drank himself to death.

    Iím highlighting the effects of 9/11 and that this whole Ďwe are oneí rhetoric is ********. Thatís pretty much it. You want to ignore it? Thatís fine but like I said, itís been almost 20 years, I think we can finally talk about this in a different tone.
    You ain't the only native new yorker.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,054
    All I think about when I remember 9/11 is Bush using it as a reason to go kill brown people in Iraq, everyone LOVING it, and Americans still to this day being incredibly anti muslim/anti middle eastern.
    What happened was horrible. But the results have been worse.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,873
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I can't imagine what you've been through but even as a college aged white dude at the time, I found all the American flags and over the top patriotism in the aftermath of 9/11 to be pretty phony and forced feeling.
    It gave me 1950s nationalist vibes. You know, the country is at war with another nation so America doubled down on the patriotism in an effort to get all Americans to back the cause.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,873
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I was already grown when it happened. I used to kinda wonder what that heat was like for younger guys growing up. My lil bro started fighting, he's skinny and wirey but hes a tough mofo. He got some lil hands there, he learned.

    I know I felt pressure coming up, but it probably wasn't **** compared to what you felt. I remember that **** immediately kicking up on the day of 911. I knew what was coming.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Difference between me and a lot of other people on this site is that I grew up in a Post-9/11 world, thatís not something a lot of people on this site can say. I canít blame a lot of the folks around here for thinking there was solidarity because well, they never experienced growing up one, in a world post-9/11 and two, growing up in that said world as a brown guy.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,873
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    All I think about when I remember 9/11 is Bush using it as a reason to go kill brown people in Iraq, everyone LOVING it, and Americans still to this day being incredibly anti muslim/anti middle eastern.
    What happened was horrible. But the results have been worse.
    I was initially hesitant to post what I did because of the demographic around here. If itís refreshing that a lot of you guys acknowledge the after effects of 9/11 as being just as bad if not, worse.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Difference between me and a lot of other people on this site is that I grew up in a Post-9/11 world, thatís not something a lot of people on this site can say. I canít blame a lot of the folks around here for thinking there was solidarity because well, they never experienced growing up one, in a world post-9/11 and two, growing up in that said world as a brown guy.
    I agree. I donít think the OP was trying to be an ahole to Muslims. It did bring some people together. It also resulted in a lot bigotry and you were right to point it out. From his perspective it did bring people together from yours it was darker. Iím sorry about that man


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    All I think about when I remember 9/11 is Bush using it as a reason to go kill brown people in Iraq, everyone LOVING it, and Americans still to this day being incredibly anti muslim/anti middle eastern.
    What happened was horrible. But the results have been worse.
    Thatís all you think about when you remember 9/11? You live in a bizarre, bizarre reality, my friend.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,724
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Bad president but a great arm. Love that he passed the close rubber for ceremonial pitches and got right up to the mound.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,061
    As a New Yorker and somebody that knew people who died on that day and friends that survived I canít never forget that day since I work one block away from the freedom tower itís a constant reminder of it.

    Yeah it was a great thing to see unity as a country the day after and the months that came after and it would be great if the country would be like that instead of the crazy divide that we currently have, but letís not be naive here and ignore the fact that lead to some serious anti Muslim rhetoric and actions from innocent people being torture or held without trail and the patriot act was passed which lead to our liberties being trampled on. Letís not forget more Americans died in the ensuing wars than they died in the attacks. Letís not forget that over 1 million Iraqis died because of that war maybe over a hundred thousands Afghanistans and it led the the creation of ****ing ISIS which lead to more death and destruction.

    Yes is nice to remember being nice to your neighbors but I also remember a couple of people on my block saying letís go hunt some ****ing Arabs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •