Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

9/11

It was a real tragedy. It is important to remember and learn from it. Life is the best teacher for each of us. It's a pity for the people who died. Although perhaps this is fate ... I don't want to believe that each of us has his own destiny, but sometimes such thoughts come by themselves.

Yeah I miss those days, where all Americans were United in solidarity against Muslims. Truly beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah I miss those days, where all Americans were United in solidarity against Muslims. Truly beautiful.

Yeah that wasn't happening as a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Yeah that wasn't happening as a nation.
    As a nation? Maybe not. You could argue that it was, once we ended up going to war with Iraq and Afghanistan as a result.

Still, 9/11 solidarity is something that as a Pakistani man, I have never seen. I was 5 years old when the planes hit the towers. I remember everything all of the sudden going quiet and somber. Suddenly, parents were coming to pick up their children and I was thinking “wow, going home at like 9/10am? Awesome!”

We left the school, I saw HUGE clouds of smoke coming from the northwest...dark black clouds, I thought there was a fire somewhere. I get home, and CNN is on...I see the first plane hit the tower. I didn’t really know what to think of it. Then suddenly, I remember the panic and the “oh my god” of the broadcaster when I saw the second plane hit on live tv. 5 years old, no wonder I’m so desensitized to these things.

I was too young to really comprehend the severity of what happened but it was honestly the beginning of what is basically referred to as the ‘post 9/11 era’

That is the era I grew up in. I remember in middle school, all of the people who would make terrorist jokes and signed my yearbook with racist **** like that. I remember getting into fights with other kids because they would call me Osama. I remember a bunch of white kids saying that Obama couldn’t be president because he was Muslim. I remember my dreams of being a pilot being shut down because “nobody would trust you to fly a plane”

Then as I got to high school, I remember more or less of the same. People making jokes like “oh my god, there’s an ominous beeping...zmaster is gonna kill us all!” Or how Osama Bin Laden was killed on my birthday so I got a lot of “happy birthday, I’m sorry for your loss” type of comments.

Then even on PSD, I’ve had people say some vile **** about me joining a terrorist group or passing judgement because of my ethnicity. I’ve told numerous stories about my encounters with racist people and even told a story about a guy I call ‘Johnny Trump’ a few times...and how I would be told to join ISIS or whatever.

So while everyone was sitting around holding hands and singing Kumbaya, it came at the expense of Arab, desi and all kinds of Muslim folks. We’re still seeing the lasting effects of xenophobia, ethnocentrism, and racism since 9/11.

RIP to all of those who lost their lives on the plane, in the WTC, and to all of those who were innocently killed because of the war on terror. It’s an awful trickle down that a lot of folks still refuse to acknowledge.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

lmao, same exact thought when I read the op!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

As a nation? Maybe not. You could argue that it was, once we ended up going to war with Iraq and Afghanistan as a result.

Still, 9/11 solidarity is something that as a Pakistani man, I have never seen. I was 5 years old when the planes hit the towers. I remember everything all of the sudden going quiet and somber. Suddenly, parents were coming to pick up their children and I was thinking “wow, going home at like 9/10am? Awesome!”

We left the school, I saw HUGE clouds of smoke coming from the northwest...dark black clouds, I thought there was a fire somewhere. I get home, and CNN is on...I see the first plane hit the tower. I didn’t really know what to think of it. Then suddenly, I remember the panic and the “oh my god” of the broadcaster when I saw the second plane hit on live tv. 5 years old, no wonder I’m so desensitized to these things.

I was too young to really comprehend the severity of what happened but it was honestly the beginning of what is basically referred to as the ‘post 9/11 era’

That is the era I grew up in. I remember in middle school, all of the people who would make terrorist jokes and signed my yearbook with racist **** like that. I remember getting into fights with other kids because they would call me Osama. I remember a bunch of white kids saying that Obama couldn’t be president because he was Muslim. I remember my dreams of being a pilot being shut down because “nobody would trust you to fly a plane”

Then as I got to high school, I remember more or less of the same. People making jokes like “oh my god, there’s an ominous beeping...zmaster is gonna kill us all!” Or how Osama Bin Laden was killed on my birthday so I got a lot of “happy birthday, I’m sorry for your loss” type of comments.

Then even on PSD, I’ve had people say some vile **** about me joining a terrorist group or passing judgement because of my ethnicity. I’ve told numerous stories about my encounters with racist people and even told a story about a guy I call ‘Johnny Trump’ a few times...and how I would be told to join ISIS or whatever.

So while everyone was sitting around holding hands and singing Kumbaya, it came at the expense of Arab, desi and all kinds of Muslim folks. We’re still seeing the lasting effects of xenophobia, ethnocentrism, and racism since 9/11.

RIP to all of those who lost their lives on the plane, in the WTC, and to all of those who were innocently killed because of the war on terror. It’s an awful trickle down that a lot of folks still refuse to acknowledge.
    You truly are the victim. Not all the people jumping to their death from a burning tower...
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    You truly are the victim. Not all the people jumping to their death from a burning tower...
    Did you know...and I’ll explain this slowly, that you can feel sympathy for both the Americans who were killed in this attack and all the Americans/non Americans who were affected by racism and terrorism as a result?

Did you know...and I’ll explain this slowly, that you can feel sympathy for both the Americans who were killed in this attack and all the Americans/non Americans who were affected by racism and terrorism as a result?
    You didn't come into the thread to show sympathy or remembrance. You came in here to complain about your plight. I was in jr high with a bunch of brown kids(they called themselves that), many of whom I was friends with, and they didn't sit around and feel sorry for themselves on 9/11.

It's a total disgrace that we barely remember this day in this country anymore.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

You didn't come into the thread to show sympathy or remembrance. You came in here to complain about your plight. I was in jr high with a bunch of brown kids(they called themselves that), many of whom I was friends with, and they didn't sit around and feel sorry for themselves on 9/11.

I think your the real victim. You are so sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think it’s a disgrace that people ignore the ramifications of 9/11 and act as if this country is being victimized. It’s been almost 20 years...there have been more COVID related deaths and deaths related to the bogus war that resulted after 9/11.

Who you were friends with is wholly irrelevant. Nobody is feeling sorry for themselves, I’m just pointing out how this whole solidarity nonsense that everybody is preaching is total ********. Muslim families in NYC were being persecuted as a result of this, that’s what I’m highlighting.

Don’t try to tell me what I feel sorry for and who I’m grieving...I’m a native New Yorker that has seen this **** first hand. I know first responders who ended up dying because of 9/11 either due to the physical ramifications or the mental ones. I know a firefighter, may he Rest In Peace who lost his whole crew on 9/11, he pretty much drank himself to death.

I’m highlighting the effects of 9/11 and that this whole ‘we are one’ rhetoric is ********. That’s pretty much it. You want to ignore it? That’s fine but like I said, it’s been almost 20 years, I think we can finally talk about this in a different tone.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Just a great moment that still gives me chills. Iconic moment in American history IMO.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Thanks for sharing that.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast