Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,355
    And he did it despite having ownership fighting him along the way

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Just for fun.

    Philadelphia gets Westbrook, Gordon and Tucker and Miamiís first round pick in 2022, and Houstonís first round in 2022.

    Rockets get Embiid, Butler, Herro, Robinson and Nunn.

    Heat get Harden, Harris.
    **** no lol
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,981
    I am hoping Rosas is his equal

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,540
    He is a very good GM and Dantoni is a very good coach. I do think the current team took Mike's ideas too far but he is this generations Don Nelson (just better)- that's what these guys do.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,852
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Wow Daryl Morey knows his basketball. Nice resume.

    Canít forget when he landed Pau Gasol and then he didnít.
    Yeah, that's another one I always forget. I'm not sure how that would have worked out, though. Also, if that deal happens, it likely means Harden doesn't get dealt to Houston. That nixed trade is one hell of a fun "what if" though in terms of impact on the legacy of players and teams.


    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Harden would look good in a Heat jersey. What are the odds Rockets blow it up? Westbrooks gotta go for sure

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I think they blow it up, donít know if I want harden. Have always hated him but the system would maybe force him to play a style I enjoy.
    I don't think Harden is going anywhere. To blow it up, they'd have to get rid of Westbrook, too, and Westbrook's contract is immovable unless they're willing to take another terrible contract in return. I think this core is here to stay; I just don't know if D'Antoni and Morey will be a part of it next year. Gordon's contract also would be pretty difficult to move.

    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    How can you be depressed about where the team is and his heading and praise the man whos responsible for it ?? Lol cmon my bro snap out of it. If morey is as good as you say he can swiftly retool this team and trust me he aint going no where.
    Because I don't think he's responsible for it. I don't think Morey wanted to do the Paul for Westbrook swap. I think he was forced to because his superstar and owner were unhappy. Morey's an analytics guy; there's zero chance he would have traded one of the analytic darlings of the last 15 years for an inefficient volume scorer like Westbrook unless he had to.

    And I think he's between a rock and a hard place right now in terms of the roster. Harden, Westbrook and Gordon all make too much freaking money. They still have RoCo, Tucker and House locked in for at least another year, so there's movable pieces on the team, but those are the guys they need to keep. If anyone can turn this roster into a title contender, it's Morey. But I don't see a scenario where he takes these pieces and wins a title barring Westbrook and Gordon suddenly not sucking anymore. (And all of this assumes Morey comes back next year, which I'm seriously doubting at this point.)


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    For the record, I haven't given up hope that Morey will keep his job. If he keeps his job, there's a chance he could still do some things with this roster and shape it into a legit contender. They're really not that far off, but I don't think the 24/7 small ball thing is working, and I think they need a legit big who can space the floor to play their style of offense.

    I do think D'Antoni is on his way out, but I'm hoping maybe a new coach could breathe new life into the Rockets' style of offense and defense. As long as Morey and Harden are in Houston, I'm going to have hope. But once one or both of those guys are gone, I fully expect the Rockets to be a dumpster fire for 10+ years.

    Edit: A trade I think could work would be something for Horford, whether it's Horford and pieces for Westbrook or Gordon and pieces for Horford. I doubt they'd want Westbrook's albatross of a contract. But I'd be willing to do Gordon, Tucker and filler for Horford and picks(s). You hate to lose Tucker, but he's on the last year of his deal, and if it means moving Gordon and adding a solid defensive big with range, it's worth a shot.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 09-11-2020 at 01:15 PM.


  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,148
    I actually gained respect for Morey when she spoke out against China and supported Hong Kong. He did backtrack which disappointed me, but I am at least grateful he tried to fight for liberty/civil rights, not this double-standard/selective outraged BLM bullsh-- we are force fed every day.

    His resume speaks for itself. I have to admit he did more right things than bad. However, his CP3 for Westbrook trade was absolutely stupid. It's the one time I can say he literally bent over and asked to be sodomized. It was completely out of character. I refuse to defend that trade or excuse it by the "higher ups forcing his hand". I understand Morey caved into China because of the backlash/financial impact from speaking out on China, but he doesn't strike me to be the backpedalling type that would let the higher ups control his job duties. That was entirely on him, and it was dumb. Not only do you trade for an inferior player, you give up draft picks to get bent over in a trade as well.

    It sucks because he has way more highs than lows, but I have a feeling this low will be the one thing people will remember more than any high he has had... understandably so too...
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,148
    By the way, this isn't hindsight being 20/20 either... The dominant majority of fans thought the Westbrook/CP3 trade was nuts for Houston. I remember reading nonsensical takes from Houston Rocket fans defending this decision. I even heard a certain someone JUSTIFYING this stupid trade. I get it though... people are homers... but I hate the notion that just because someone cheers for a particular player/team, they are incapable of being rational and objective. Any Rocket fan who defended that trade can't claim to be objective though... they forfeited/tore up their right in claiming to be objective.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I actually gained respect for Morey when she spoke out against China and supported Hong Kong. He did backtrack which disappointed me, but I am at least grateful he tried to fight for liberty/civil rights, not this double-standard/selective outraged BLM bullsh-- we are force fed every day.

    His resume speaks for itself. I have to admit he did more right things than bad. However, his CP3 for Westbrook trade was absolutely stupid. It's the one time I can say he literally bent over and asked to be sodomized. It was completely out of character. I refuse to defend that trade or excuse it by the "higher ups forcing his hand". I understand Morey caved into China because of the backlash/financial impact from speaking out on China, but he doesn't strike me to be the backpedalling type that would let the higher ups control his job duties. That was entirely on him, and it was dumb. Not only do you trade for an inferior player, you give up draft picks to get bent over in a trade as well.
    I don't really understand this take. If you think the GM has more power than the owner and superstar players, I'm not sure you really get the power structure of the NBA in 2020.

    It sucks because he has way more highs than lows, but I have a feeling this low will be the one thing people will remember more than any high he has had... understandably so too...
    Mmmm... I'm pretty sure his fleecing of OKC to gamble on Harden will be the thing he's remembered for. That and being one of the main leaders of the analytics movement and early adopters of high-volume 3-point shooting. To me, the Harden trade is enough to erase any of his mistakes. The dude turned an 8th overall pick and other so-so assets into a perennial MVP candidate who's probably one of the 25-30 greatest players of all-time. It's one of the most lopsided trades in the history of professional sports.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    By the way, this isn't hindsight being 20/20 either... The dominant majority of fans thought the Westbrook/CP3 trade was nuts for Houston. I remember reading nonsensical takes from Houston Rocket fans defending this decision. I even heard a certain someone JUSTIFYING this stupid trade. I get it though... people are homers... but I hate the notion that just because someone cheers for a particular player/team, they are incapable of being rational and objective. Any Rocket fan who defended that trade can't claim to be objective though... they forfeited/tore up their right in claiming to be objective.
    I don't know of many Rockets fans who supported that deal. I certainly didn't. When I got news of the trade, that was a very bad day. Do we as fans usually talk ourselves into trades over time? Definitely. At some point you have to accept the hand you're dealt, and it's much easier to go "I think this can work. I get why it happened." than it is to say "This trade is a disaster, and they've doomed the franchise for the next 10 years."

    It was a bad trade then, and it looks even worse now. And what little justification that was there (team chemistry, Paul's injuries) looks pretty ridiculous in hindsight. If Chris Paul was still on this team, they'd be performing a hell of a lot better in this series than they are.


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    For the record, I haven't given up hope that Morey will keep his job. If he keeps his job, there's a chance he could still do some things with this roster and shape it into a legit contender. They're really not that far off, but I don't think the 24/7 small ball thing is working, and I think they need a legit big who can space the floor to play their style of offense.

    I do think D'Antoni is on his way out, but I'm hoping maybe a new coach could breathe new life into the Rockets' style of offense and defense. As long as Morey and Harden are in Houston, I'm going to have hope. But once one or both of those guys are gone, I fully expect the Rockets to be a dumpster fire for 10+ years.

    Edit: A trade I think could work would be something for Horford, whether it's Horford and pieces for Westbrook or Gordon and pieces for Horford. I doubt they'd want Westbrook's albatross of a contract. But I'd be willing to do Gordon, Tucker and filler for Horford and picks(s). You hate to lose Tucker, but he's on the last year of his deal, and if it means moving Gordon and adding a solid defensive big with range, it's worth a shot.
    I actually saw a tweet today saying theyre going to die when the Sixers trade for Westbrook thinking heís their saving grace lol
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I actually saw a tweet today saying theyre going to die when the Sixers trade for Westbrook thinking heís their saving grace lol
    If Philly were to make a Horford/Westbrook trade, that would make me so happy. I still think the Rockets would need a secondary playmaker to pair with Harden, but it solves a much bigger problem right now.


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,540
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If Philly were to make a Horford/Westbrook trade, that would make me so happy. I still think the Rockets would need a secondary playmaker to pair with Harden, but it solves a much bigger problem right now.
    That would be a very great trade for you. I think Al is almost as good a fit in Houston as he is a bad fit in Philly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't really understand this take. If you think the GM has more power than the owner and superstar players, I'm not sure you really get the power structure of the NBA in 2020.


    Mmmm... I'm pretty sure his fleecing of OKC to gamble on Harden will be the thing he's remembered for. That and being one of the main leaders of the analytics movement and early adopters of high-volume 3-point shooting. To me, the Harden trade is enough to erase any of his mistakes. The dude turned an 8th overall pick and other so-so assets into a perennial MVP candidate who's probably one of the 25-30 greatest players of all-time. It's one of the most lopsided trades in the history of professional sports.
    Perhaps I am ignorant of the power dynamic as it pertains to Morey/the higher ups. I know the GM of Dallas caved in to Cuban many times. It even costed the Mavericks getting Giannis (although, this may be a blessing in disguise as they now have Luka). I just put Morey on the elite of the GMs though, who doesn't strike me to be the roll over type of guy. If he is/had to do it to save his job, then it wouldn't make much sense letting him go. I would think the higher ups would be like "Oof, I'm sorry I forced your hand. From this point foward, you have complete liberty to do your jobs even if we feel we know better than you."

    Morey isn't the problem in my opinion. I think Mike is talented and knowledgeable, but his playstyle has never yielded championship success, only regular season and analytical success. This isn't something he's tried once or twice either... His entire career he was an outlier in playstyle... to his credit, he was definitely ahead of his time.

    At some point you need to call it a day that James Harden getting all the calls in the regular season and putting up monster stats isn't worth the subpar playoff performances, year after year. The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. You could argue it wasn't the same thing this season because they traded for an inferior player in Westbrook and trading away Clint Capella (albeit for good 3D player), where they are punting the C position. However, using that point to show how it's different would only make your argument even weaker because this isn't just being "different", it's literally crippling your chances of becoming a better playoff team/championship caliber team.

    One of the few times I've cheered for the Rockets was when they faced GSW. I don't like CP3 (or the Rockets), but I didn't give a f---. The Warriors needed to go down... Unfortunately, CP3 went down... To me, repeating with that squad wouldn't have been the definition of insanity, because CP3 got injured in the series which changed the trajectory. However, you could argue that banking on CP3 being health in the playoffs is insanity, as he has shown a history of being injured. So I will concede to that point.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •