Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 146

Thread: The way forward

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,392

    The way forward

    https://ripoliticalcoop.com/

    They are winning and winning a lot and doing it the right way.

    Next step is getting the same movement at the national level.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,916
    There's no way forward until the only party that pretends to want to move forward actually does. Democrats can't even unify behind m4a in the midst of a pandemic. They watch the country burn and scoff at the GND. It's indefensible. Both M4A and the GND are popular but Joe, Nancy and Chuck don't care! Nancy's state is burning to the ground and she's silent. None of those three are leading us ANYWHERE productive with regards to climate change, health care, civil rights...anything.

    I look all around the country and especially here in Pittsburgh and I see Democratic leadership failing everywhere. Joe Biden is the wrong person at the wrong time and there are hundreds of Joe Biden's running blue states and cities, and letting their constituents down at every turn.

    Democrats are simply a "just vote" party. That's all they got. "Vote like your life depends on it but also know that nothing will fundamentally change". Until leadership is replaced by passionate Dems who actually want to move forward we're just gonna be stuck in this hopeless cycle.

    I know nothing about RI politics but that website seems to be on the same page I am. It's not just about Trump...not even close. Until the party is reformed and old useless leadership is replaced by a new passionate one -- people who actually want to fight for bold and transformative policy --we're not going anywhere.

    And if Biden loses we won't need reform -- burn the party to the ground.

    Trump is a destructive moron whose existence shows just how ****ed up our country is. But what depresses me more is knowing there's no real resistance. There's no hope forward. Not with the current Dem leadership.

    End rant. Bye
    HELLO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,074
    Is there a way to get a Designated Survivor situation without necessarily having to actually kill anybody?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    https://ripoliticalcoop.com/

    They are winning and winning a lot and doing it the right way.

    Next step is getting the same movement at the national level.
    When you say “they are winning” , do you mean that they have already won some of these positions?

    The right way, I imagine, is that they are starting at the grass roots level?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    When you say “they are winning” , do you mean that they have already won some of these positions?

    The right way, I imagine, is that they are starting at the grass roots level?
    https://www.newsbreak.com/rhode-isla...ry-races-in-ri

    They are dominating at the grass roots level and they are beating LONG time Dems who have held their seats for decades. The top Dem who has been in since the 80s is in a race too close to call to an RIPC member.

    Next step is one of them winning at the national level and that could happen fast with the margins of victory it's looking like some of them are going to have at the state level.
    Last edited by Scoots; 09-10-2020 at 05:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,392
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    There's no way forward until the only party that pretends to want to move forward actually does. Democrats can't even unify behind m4a in the midst of a pandemic. They watch the country burn and scoff at the GND. It's indefensible. Both M4A and the GND are popular but Joe, Nancy and Chuck don't care! Nancy's state is burning to the ground and she's silent. None of those three are leading us ANYWHERE productive with regards to climate change, health care, civil rights...anything.

    I look all around the country and especially here in Pittsburgh and I see Democratic leadership failing everywhere. Joe Biden is the wrong person at the wrong time and there are hundreds of Joe Biden's running blue states and cities, and letting their constituents down at every turn.

    Democrats are simply a "just vote" party. That's all they got. "Vote like your life depends on it but also know that nothing will fundamentally change". Until leadership is replaced by passionate Dems who actually want to move forward we're just gonna be stuck in this hopeless cycle.

    I know nothing about RI politics but that website seems to be on the same page I am. It's not just about Trump...not even close. Until the party is reformed and old useless leadership is replaced by a new passionate one -- people who actually want to fight for bold and transformative policy --we're not going anywhere.

    And if Biden loses we won't need reform -- burn the party to the ground.

    Trump is a destructive moron whose existence shows just how ****ed up our country is. But what depresses me more is knowing there's no real resistance. There's no hope forward. Not with the current Dem leadership.

    End rant. Bye
    I think Biden losing will be MUCH better for the party and the US because it WILL burn the party to the ground. If Biden wins then we get Biden again or Harris which sets up the party to not change for another 4 to 12 years. The only hope our country has is the Dem party pulling their head out of their *****. Trump winning may make that happen much faster.

    Also, if Trump loses the GOP may well come back with a POC woman who is a polished politician and after 4 years of Biden dealing with the Corona damage and then the GOP slides back into power.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think Biden losing will be MUCH better for the party and the US because it WILL burn the party to the ground. If Biden wins then we get Biden again or Harris which sets up the party to not change for another 4 to 12 years. The only hope our country has is the Dem party pulling their head out of their *****. Trump winning may make that happen much faster.

    Also, if Trump loses the GOP may well come back with a POC woman who is a polished politician and after 4 years of Biden dealing with the Corona damage and then the GOP slides back into power.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think Biden losing will be MUCH better for the party and the US because it WILL burn the party to the ground. If Biden wins then we get Biden again or Harris which sets up the party to not change for another 4 to 12 years. The only hope our country has is the Dem party pulling their head out of their *****. Trump winning may make that happen much faster.

    Also, if Trump loses the GOP may well come back with a POC woman who is a polished politician and after 4 years of Biden dealing with the Corona damage and then the GOP slides back into power.
    So having Trump win another 4 years, likely appointing 1 if not 2 Supreme Court Justices and continuing to erode all facets of our Government will be better for Democrats because it will destroy the Democratic party?

    This post sounds a lot like wolf in sheep's clothing logic to me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    https://www.newsbreak.com/rhode-isla...ry-races-in-ri

    They are dominating at the grass roots level and they are beating LONG time Dems who have held their seats for decades. The top Dem who has been in since the 80s is in a race too close to call to an RIPC member.

    Next step is one of them winning at the national level and that could happen fast with the margins of victory it's looking like some of them are going to have at the state level.
    This is why I say give it another 10 plus years when you actually a progressive dem possibly winning the presidential bid.

    Problem is the mid states still choose mostly moderates.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    15,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is why I say give it another 10 plus years when you actually a progressive dem possibly winning the presidential bid.

    Problem is the mid states still choose mostly moderates.
    You've got a lot more to conquer than middle of America. South coast, upper north and east coast won the election for trump. Middle America just helped out.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 09-10-2020 at 11:47 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think Biden losing will be MUCH better for the party and the US because it WILL burn the party to the ground. If Biden wins then we get Biden again or Harris which sets up the party to not change for another 4 to 12 years. The only hope our country has is the Dem party pulling their head out of their *****. Trump winning may make that happen much faster.
    Yea, that's like russian roulette tho. Even after his blunder of the century corona response, there are still arguments to be made why trump winning can be better for america. But do we play russian roulette and risk another major event happening where incompetent Trump's incompetence gets exposed this bad?

    Also, I dont have faith that dems losing will make them somehow take a different fundamental approach. If that was gonna happen it woulda happened in 2020.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,362
    I'm ****in disappointed in this country. I was telling my pops the other day how stupid it is that this is all happening, how all our rival nations could've combined and still couldn't have hurt us this bad as we are hurting ourselves.

    Hes into history and he started naming off all these great empires from the past and he was like they all fell from within.

    It's so disappointing to see that **** happening in front of us. We are still strong and we still will be for a long time, but you can just see it, the future isnt here. I feel like once India's alliance leans more toward china than US, at that point it's probably gonna start feeling like US is #2. We gonna have to start relying on our middle eastern "allies" even more.

    I could be wrong, but I believe China and Russia already started trading in some digital currency or something like that, point being not in US dollars. You can just see the world shifting their focus away from us and toward them. They're smacking construction project after construction project all over the world. They probably gonna build majority of the world's 5g system.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,392
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm ****in disappointed in this country. I was telling my pops the other day how stupid it is that this is all happening, how all our rival nations could've combined and still couldn't have hurt us this bad as we are hurting ourselves.

    Hes into history and he started naming off all these great empires from the past and he was like they all fell from within.

    It's so disappointing to see that **** happening in front of us. We are still strong and we still will be for a long time, but you can just see it, the future isnt here. I feel like once India's alliance leans more toward china than US, at that point it's probably gonna start feeling like US is #2. We gonna have to start relying on our middle eastern "allies" even more.

    I could be wrong, but I believe China and Russia already started trading in some digital currency or something like that, point being not in US dollars. You can just see the world shifting their focus away from us and toward them. They're smacking construction project after construction project all over the world. They probably gonna build majority of the world's 5g system.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm becoming convinced China either pays you or has something on you.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm becoming convinced China either pays you or has something on you.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm becoming convinced China either pays you or has something on you.
    Pay me for what?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •