Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Jrue Holiday for Bledsoe, Hill, and 3 1st!!!!

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/...-to-bucks.html

My first re-action is that I hate this. We get basically the same type player as Bledsoe for 3 1st. I would make the argument that when you include Hill Bledsoe/Hill are way more efficient. So it really comes down to the playoffs, Holiday was great in 2017-18, but he really doesn't have an extensive playoff record. I don't see how we get better and we could possibly give 2 really good picks (depending on protections and if Giannis leaves). Also Jrue could opt out after this year.

I'm really trying to find a way Holiday puts us over the top but I'm struggling. This seems like a panic move to try and show Giannis we are trying.
    Last edited by jay87shot; 11-17-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Jrue is light-years ahead of Bledsoe. Elite defender and a much better shooter.

Bledsoe has been an all nba defensive player the past 2 years.

Holiday 45.5 fg/35.3 3's/70.9 ft
    Bledsoe 47.5 fg/34.4 3's/79 ft

Those numbers are from last year but pretty close to career averages as well. I get that Jrue is probably taking tougher shots but he is average at best shooing. Not to mention we added to options for pick swaps.

I will agree Holiday is better but not close to 3-5 1st better. 1 OK, not this potential crazy amount of picks.

3 first round picks and two swaps. I doubt the swaps happen we be playoffs or serious injury or Giannis not happy if Holiday bolts in a year. So one of the first is this draft we pick on draft night? Figured the other free open pick is 2024. Not sure about 2026 pick. Cavs may get that. Unless we pick a player on draft night then give up the pick. I guess there's ways around the Stepien rule. Just own the pick and give it up on draft night after the selection to get this deal done.? I think we can only trade out like 6 years? Or is it 7? But owe the Cavs a first yet from old Hill trade.

2022 — Owe a first-rounder (top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill), two years following the Boston Celtics’ obligation.
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/mi...s-team-salary/

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post

Those numbers are from last year but pretty close to career averages as well. I get that Jrue is probably taking tougher shots but he is average at best shooing. Not to mention we added to options for pick swaps.

I will agree Holiday is better but not close to 3-5 1st better. 1 OK, not this potential crazy amount of picks.
    Blazers gave up two firsts and Ariza for Roco. Roco is 3 and D but kinda got over hyped around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post

But none of that matters compared to Bledsoe in the playoffs. We didn't need to upgrade over regular season Bledsoe. We needed someone who didnt disappear and become a shell of himself in the playoffs. No guarantee this does it, but something needed to be done. Bledsoe has shot 25% from 3 as a Buck in the playoffs. That's unacceptable.

And 3-5 first means very little if giannis is staying. Big risk if he leaves, but if this gets him to stay, those picks are 25 or higher and the swaps never happen.

We got the Pacers first. I forgot. So we probably selected for the Pelicans then give it up. Cavs/Celtics already got our first this draft part of the old Hill trade. We will select for Pelicans to loophole the Stepien rule. 2022 that site didn't scratch the deal off yet since draft didn't happen. So 2020,2022,2024 we owe firsts to Pelicans and swaps be 2021 and 2023.

Bobby Marks
    @BobbyMarks42
    Here is the pick breakdown on the Jrue Holiday trade:

New Orleans receives

2020 1st (via IND)
    2024 right to swap
    2025 1st unprotected
    2026 right to swap
    2027 1st unprotected
    9:28 AM · Nov 17, 2020
    Looks like we traded farther out. 2020 pick is in a weak draft. Long as Giannis stays on max and our team is healthy them be very late picks.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    We got the Pacers first. I forgot. So we probably selected for the Pelicans then give it up. Cavs/Celtics already got our first this draft part of the old Hill trade. We will select for Pelicans to loophole the Stepien rule. 2022 that site didn't scratch the deal off yet since draft didn't happen. So 2020,2022,2024 we owe firsts to Pelicans and swaps be 2021 and 2023.
    "I think NO wants to sign Ingram to max deal not sure financial situation. But if they can pry Jrue away for Bled/Hill (ideally) or Bled/Ersan or something that would be great. Holiday at least has had some big playoff moments. Doesn't stink it up every time."

My post in other thread weeks ago. I highly doubt the Bucks make this move if Giannis didn't either give the wink-wink he is signing max or approve. THe Bucks have sucked in drafts except Giannis for years. The Bucks cost themselves Yi, Rashad Vaughn, Joe Alexander and THon big whoop. You do what you can to keep Giannis.
    As crewfan said regular season bled was fine it was the can't do anything in the playoffs Bled that hurts and need upgrade. Holiday isn't scared. He had a couple monster games when NO took GS to 6 iirc.

The Bucks have picks in 2 of next 3 years I believe. I know there was 2025, 2027 as years listed for NO receiving picks or swaps from MKE. Bucks will have 2 2nd round picks Wednesday coming back from NO.