Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,374

    2020-2021 Bucks Offseason

    What are we thinking the bucks should do this offseason. It's could be a pivotal offseason. Here's the checklist for sure and obviously other moves can happen, but here's the biggest questions.

    1. Will giannis accept the max extension?
    1a. If he doesn't, do you entertain trading him if the offer is right or do you go all in to try to win next year and retain him.

    2. Who's the coach next year?

    3. What do you do with Bledsoe and to a lesser extent the rest of the roster? Who's back and who's gone?

    4. How do you change the roster? Who are your targets? Who are you willing to move?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,374
    For me, bud can't be back if giannis doesn't sign an extension. Unless giannis loves him for some reason, we have to try something new. Bud's reputation before Milwaukee was he's a great regular season coach but doesn't adjust in the playoffs. The defense of him was those hawks teams just lacked a star. But hes done nothing to dispel that. The players are partially to blame too, but bud is an easy change since coachs dont impact the cap.

    We have to find a way to move Bledsoe. He's proven time and time again he can't be trusted in the playoffs. He's not going to be easy to move, but he onlt has 2 years under contract as his final year isn't fully guaranteed. So he might be movable. I actually really like brook lopez, but giannis at center might be the solution we need for this team. I'd definitely entertain offers for him too if a team wants a big who can shoot it a little. I'm not moving him no matter what, but I'm not hanging up the phone is someone asks.

    DD can be valuable, but if he's the peice that needs to be included to get us a lead guard, I'm not married to him.

    As for free agents. Ro-Lo almost certainly accepts him player option. I hope Wes does too as he's cheap. If Pat C comes back for close to the minimum, I'd have him, but other than that, he could leave. Same for korver. At the minimum, he's fine. Much more than that and he can leave. Sterling can leave. Ersan should either be traded prior to his contract being voided or have his contract voided. We still need a stretch 4 type of guy, but he's not worth $7 mill.

    No one really knows what the cap will be. But assuming it doesn't go beyond the original $116 mill projection, which there's about 0% chance it goes above that, there's virtually no way to get under the cap. So we'll have a mid level exception and vet minimum types do guys to improve the roster with.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    For me, bud can't be back if giannis doesn't sign an extension. Unless giannis loves him for some reason, we have to try something new. Bud's reputation before Milwaukee was he's a great regular season coach but doesn't adjust in the playoffs. The defense of him was those hawks teams just lacked a star. But hes done nothing to dispel that. The players are partially to blame too, but bud is an easy change since coachs dont impact the cap.

    We have to find a way to move Bledsoe. He's proven time and time again he can't be trusted in the playoffs. He's not going to be easy to move, but he onlt has 2 years under contract as his final year isn't fully guaranteed. So he might be movable. I actually really like brook lopez, but giannis at center might be the solution we need for this team. I'd definitely entertain offers for him too if a team wants a big who can shoot it a little. I'm not moving him no matter what, but I'm not hanging up the phone is someone asks.

    DD can be valuable, but if he's the peice that needs to be included to get us a lead guard, I'm not married to him.

    As for free agents. Ro-Lo almost certainly accepts him player option. I hope Wes does too as he's cheap. If Pat C comes back for close to the minimum, I'd have him, but other than that, he could leave. Same for korver. At the minimum, he's fine. Much more than that and he can leave. Sterling can leave. Ersan should either be traded prior to his contract being voided or have his contract voided. We still need a stretch 4 type of guy, but he's not worth $7 mill.

    No one really knows what the cap will be. But assuming it doesn't go beyond the original $116 mill projection, which there's about 0% chance it goes above that, there's virtually no way to get under the cap. So we'll have a mid level exception and vet minimum types do guys to improve the roster with.
    Pretty much agree with all of this. And really agree on your Giannis being at center. Bud doesn't experiment with things enough in the regular season and doesn't adjust in the playoffs. Not a good combo.

    Bucks aren't going to be able to sign people cap wise so I don't know why all this chatter for CP3. I do think his attitude would be great for this team. But I do think this team really needs to be more dynamic on the perimeter. Too many spot-up specialists and not enough athletic wings who can go off the bounce and defend multiple positions. Look at Boston, Toronto, LAC etc. You need athletic guys. Korver, PC are basically catch and shoot guys. Not much off the bounce.

    Bledsoe has to go. You need a guy who can step up and take over and let Giannis not have to do everything or be relied on so much. Let him rest when he plays some. You can't have a PG that can't shoot alongside him cuz come playoff time they build a wall and youre gonna have to hit some shots.

    One guy who would be better offensively and still a good defender is Jrue Holiday. I would give Lopez/Bled could go as NO could use a big like Lopez. I just am not sure how this team is going to get too much better on paper but skillset wise this team needs to go after an athletic wing maybe Barton from Denver. I have no idea on his availability though. If there was a way to get Beal I would go hard after him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,374
    Same. I'd absolutely make a call on Beal at least just to check on, but there's about a 0% chance that happens. Too many other teams with more valuable picks would likely at least call.

    Jrue holiday has been my pipe dream for a few weeks. He too seems unlikely, but I think there's at least a chance. Realistically, we'd have to hope they really like donte or really want to free up some space, because something like Bled, Ersan's non guaranteed and DD or DJ with at least this year's pick, maybe an additional pick could work. That would be a fantastic get for us. He's just as good defensively as Bledsoe and he's much better offensively.

    Chris Paul scares me as well. I think he'd help for sure but we're basically done if we bring him in. He makes some big plays, but let's not forget his 35 and also has never made the finals. It not like he's crazy experienced down the stretch in the playoffs. Depending the price, he definitely makes sense, but that's a tough contract to swallow for a guy that old. I'd love to have him as a player, but making that contract work is kind of tough.

    Another guy that could be had I think is buddy heild. I'm not even sure how I feel about him. He signed a big extension in Sac, but fell out of favor. Perhaps a chance of scenery to a winning team can ignite something inside of him. If he puts in better defensive effort and buys in, he'd be a really nice add. If he doesn't, he could be trouble. Our buddy mouseslept brought up bogdanovic from Sac, and he would be a good get for sure, but heild might be more realistic.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Same. I'd absolutely make a call on Beal at least just to check on, but there's about a 0% chance that happens. Too many other teams with more valuable picks would likely at least call.

    Jrue holiday has been my pipe dream for a few weeks. He too seems unlikely, but I think there's at least a chance. Realistically, we'd have to hope they really like donte or really want to free up some space, because something like Bled, Ersan's non guaranteed and DD or DJ with at least this year's pick, maybe an additional pick could work. That would be a fantastic get for us. He's just as good defensively as Bledsoe and he's much better offensively.

    Chris Paul scares me as well. I think he'd help for sure but we're basically done if we bring him in. He makes some big plays, but let's not forget his 35 and also has never made the finals. It not like he's crazy experienced down the stretch in the playoffs. Depending the price, he definitely makes sense, but that's a tough contract to swallow for a guy that old. I'd love to have him as a player, but making that contract work is kind of tough.

    Another guy that could be had I think is buddy heild. I'm not even sure how I feel about him. He signed a big extension in Sac, but fell out of favor. Perhaps a chance of scenery to a winning team can ignite something inside of him. If he puts in better defensive effort and buys in, he'd be a really nice add. If he doesn't, he could be trouble. Our buddy mouseslept brought up bogdanovic from Sac, and he would be a good get for sure, but heild might be more realistic.
    I think NO wants to sign Ingram to max deal not sure financial situation. But if they can pry Jrue away for Bled/Hill (ideally) or Bled/Ersan or something that would be great. Holiday at least has had some big playoff moments. Doesn't stink it up every time.

    I think Hield came to bubble out of shape too. Idk I would have to look into more realistic options. Beal I agree is extremely unlikely. The team could use more athleticism. Need some guys on the perimeter who can do more than catch-and-shoot. Need more guys who can get in lane and make a play for himself and others and defend the wings. Looking at Boston/Miami/Toronto they have long athletic wings who can guard Giannis or Middleton very switchable.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,308
    Owners probably keep Bud one more season or so. But is only a regular season winner. Bucks roster is flawed come playoffs. Bledsoe,Hill,DDV vanished. Giannis and Middleton for playoffs isn't enough. Also seems all teams build a wall and Giannis going 1vs5 gets old. CP3 would be nice. But we don't have much in a trade to offer. Probably takes 4 or 5 players. Then we need a bunch of vet minimum ring chasers to fill the bench out. Don't believe we have a full MLE either. Maybe if we waive partial guaranteed Ersan. But most likely keeping his salary as a big filler for a CP3 or some big trade if it happens. I'd even gamble taking on Wall if we got Beal as well. I'd keep Giannis,Middleton and Brook and trade the rest and maybe picks. Hope to get CP3 and LaVine. CP3,LaVine,Middleton,Giannis,Brook.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,374
    Lavine is a good enough shooter that hell have value, but I worry that he's not a winning player. He reminds me alot of Monta ellis in that sense. Feels like he's the type who can put up good numbers on a bad team but I'm not sure he's super useful for a good team. He'd be a third option, which helps for sure. But he kind of kills the ball, isn't a great facilitator (assist to turnover isn't good) and isn't a good defender. Maybe being the 3rd option helps all of that. But maybe it doesn't. It's possible it just amplifies his deficiencies and hurts the few things he does well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,308
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Lavine is a good enough shooter that hell have value, but I worry that he's not a winning player. He reminds me alot of Monta ellis in that sense. Feels like he's the type who can put up good numbers on a bad team but I'm not sure he's super useful for a good team. He'd be a third option, which helps for sure. But he kind of kills the ball, isn't a great facilitator (assist to turnover isn't good) and isn't a good defender. Maybe being the 3rd option helps all of that. But maybe it doesn't. It's possible it just amplifies his deficiencies and hurts the few things he does well.
    LaVine is a chucker on a dumpster fire team. But he has fire in him. Also winning with Giannis and Middleton would spark him up. But not sure we have the ammo to get LaVine? Probably takes DDV and scraps. Also hard to say what we have to cough up for CP3. Thunder takes Bledsoe,Hill,Rolo,Wilson,Ersan?

    I had a trade figured out on twitter a month ago to land CP3 and LaVine but dont remember what I had going out. Most likely has to be DDV and a #18 pick or so and all of the scrap heap of Bledsoe,Hill,Ersan,Wilson,Rolo. Still LaVine is a nice option with CP3 if we can pull it off. It's pushing it. DDV is younger and cheaper then LaVine. Bulls maybe gullible.

    Not sure the incentive for Thunder to give us CP3 on a silver platter though. Yeah health risks and age. Feels weird posting here again. I was undecided to post since this site is dead most of the year. Toxic on the main NBA board. But we need another play maker in CP3.

    Bledsoe,Hill,DDV caved in the playoffs. Also I wouldn't get to excited over Middleton's 50-40-90 season since it was a shortened season. Also pads his stats versus dumpster teams when Giannis sits. Not sure what to say but this roster is lame beyond Giannis. Rest has it flaws. Yeah Giannis needs to work on free throws. Also him race into a 1 vs 5 wall gets old. He may need to get back into dishing more like triples.

    But the supporting cast isn't always trust worthy. Heck Wes at starting SG baring sniff 10 points most games is grim to say as well. Not sure what Horst has up his sleeves but it better be good. Two choke jobs in the playoffs by a regular season only coach in Bud isn't good either. Flaws all over. Wart roster.

    What the hell you poster been up too. I was just think of PSD like last week and peaked in here and seen a few current posts. But new season maybe be in January for 50 games season if they vote on it or some B.S.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 11-02-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •