Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I personally am not so sure it's been solidified as accomplished though.

The Wizards did a "Process" though nowhere near as blatantly. They traded off Gil, Butler and Jamison and decided to tank and got good players out of those top 3 picks: Wall, Beal, Porter. They put together some nice veterans around them and had at least 1 year where were considered a top 6 paper-talented team. In the end it resulted in a few playoff runs consecutively, but not deep sustained runs.

I view Philly as in the same boat because like Washington they are only focused on those 2-3 core players and not a farm system and true talent evaluation. They wanted to take the thinking out of scouting by only having to look at "no-brainer" top 5 talent. And because you've done a lazy job of evaluation, you're never going to find those gems, the Duncan Robinson's and Norman Powell's of the walk-on and late draft variety. You will always have to rely on old washed vets Ilyasova and Belinelli types for cheaper talent. Soon you realize you've sign one too many bad contracts and find yourself missing the playoffs and burdened by heavy luxury tax just as the Wizards were just recently.

What I'm saying is I could very easily see the Sixers miss the playoffs entirely some time in the next 3 years with both their stars healthy for most of the season.
    Never thought about it that way. Would the bulls and Knicks be similar as well; just they Both have been shafted in the lottery for the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Should've let Hinkie complete his experiment, would've been better off
    What makes you think Hinkie would be able to build a winner? All he did was tank and whiff on almost every single pick he ever made. What if Philly canned him because it became clear he had no plan after tanking for almost a decade?

Fans have fallen in love with the idea of tanking because of this goof. It's never worked and it never will. The only thing it's done to the NBA is create a huge gap between the bottom feeding teams and the middling teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Whereís this whiff on almost every pick to a level thatís different that any other GM? Iíve seen this brought up as if heís somehow a worse drafter than every other GM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Whereís this whiff on almost every pick to a level thatís different that any other GM? Iíve seen this brought up as if heís somehow a worse drafter than every other GM.
    Okafor, Noel, Trading the Tatum pick for Fultz, Fultz, MCW. Trading or letting go of names like Richaun Holmes, Luwawu Cabbarot and Elfrid Payton didnít help either.

If you compare Hinkieís draft history to Masaiís draft history itís not even close. The only top 10 pick Masai ever had was ultimately used to get Kawhi and win a championship. Siakam 27, OG 21, Delon Wright 20 (traded for Gasol). Not only is Masai miles ahead of Hinkie when it comes to drafting but heís also head and shoulders above him when it comes to asset management. Hinkie proved he has no idea how to handle assets along with being a brutal drafter.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Okafor, Noel, Trading the Tatum pick for Fultz, Fultz, MCW. Trading or letting go of names like Richaun Holmes, Luwawu Cabbarot and Elfrid Payton didnít help either.

If you compare Hinkieís draft history to Masaiís draft history itís not even close. The only top 10 pick Masai ever had was ultimately used to get Kawhi and win a championship. Siakam 27, OG 21, Delon Wright 20 (traded for Gasol). Not only is Masai miles ahead of Hinkie when it comes to drafting but heís also head and shoulders above him when it comes to asset management. Hinkie proved he has no idea how to handle assets along with being a brutal drafter.
    Fultz wasn't Hinkie. Letting go of Holmes wasn't Hinkie. Saric is better than Payton which was a Hinkie move. MCW was the 10th pick and ROY when Hinkie traded him for a first. The only true bust in there is Okafor.

Do your research since this has 3 mistakes in there.

Also are you claiming letting go of a 8-12th guy in the rotation is a move that deserves to be knocked on that much. Oh dear lord you are reaching.

You're comparing 1 guy who drafted like 5-10 guys to another guy who drafted like 20-30 guys lol there's obviously a higher bust ratio with an up tick in quantity.

Not to mention a lot of drafting is going based off scouting reports, most GMs aren't doing much scouting, they don't have time.

Fultz wasn't Hinkie. Letting go of Holmes wasn't Hinkie. Saric is better than Payton which was a Hinkie move. MCW was the 10th pick and ROY when Hinkie traded him for a first. The only true bust in there is Okafor.

Also are you claiming letting go of a 8-12th guy in the rotation is a move that deserves to be knocked on that much. Oh dear lord you are reaching.
    he doesnt research... he is to busy trying to call people white boy while pretending he is black... asked the dude multiple times to video chat and talk about the issues... he is steven A smith

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    You're comparing 1 guy who drafted like 5-10 guys to another guy who drafted like 20-30 guys lol there's obviously a higher bust ratio with an up tick in quantity.

Not to mention a lot of drafting is going based off scouting reports, most GMs aren't doing much scouting, they don't have time.
    I'm trying to find the article again, but it came out like a year or two ago, and based on production Hinkie was a slightly above average drafter. But the article pointed to when it comes to drafting it is very hard to 'beat the odds' of production through the draft.

For the record, Ujiri picks were (1st round only):
    Kenneth Faried
    Evan Fournier (which if we will knock Hinkie for MCW should we do the same with Fournier but in reverse? He was a bust with Denver)
    Bruno Caboclo
    Delon Wright
    Jakob Poltl (Seriously, compare him to Noel and Okafor, if we knock Hinkie for those picks Masai must be knocked for this pick)
    Pascal Siakam
    OG Anunoby

Compared to:
    Michael Carter-Williams
    Nerlens Noel
    Joel Embiid
    Dario Saric
    Jahlil Okafor

The rate of success isn't all that different.

EDIT:

Because I was curious -
    Ujiri 2nd round picks: Quincy Miller, Izzet Turkylmaz, DeAndre Daniels, Xavier Thames, DeWan Hernandez. BONUS: Fred Van Vleet as UDFA

Hinkie 2nd round picks: Glen Rice Jr, KJ McDaniels, Jerami Grant, Russ Smith, Vasilije Micic, Richaun Holmes, JP Tokoto BONUS: TJ McConnell, Hollis Thompson, Christian Wood, Norvel Pelle as UDFA DLeague pickup of Robert Covington
    Last edited by warfelg; 09-11-2020 at 08:25 AM.

It does need to be brought up considering the process was a failure. Iím just pointing out how your team has failed because you asked me to. You disagree with me on some of the moves but thatís expected. You conveniently avoided Noel so I can only assume youíre happy with trading Jrue Holiday for him lol. What was the pick on MCW even used for?

Maybe if he wasnít such a horrible GM he wouldíve been able to keep his job? In all honesty I didnít do much research because it doesnít matter all that much to me. Itís just fun watching you defend a sinking ship when I have a shining example of what a GM should be. Itís probably why Masai got promoted to President and Hinkie got fired.

It does need to be brought up considering the process was a failure. Iím just pointing out how your team has failed because you asked me to. You disagree with me on some of the moves but thatís expected. You conveniently avoided Noel so I can only assume youíre happy with trading Jrue Holiday for him lol. What was the pick on MCW even used for?

Maybe if he wasnít such a horrible GM he wouldíve been able to keep his job? In all honesty I didnít do much research because it doesnít matter all that much to me. Itís just fun watching you defend a sinking ship when I have a shining example of what a GM should be. Itís probably why Masai got promoted to President and Hinkie got fired.
    No you can't bring it up because you are knocking Hinkie for things he had no part of. TLC wasn't even his pick.

And the bolded is why you should stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he doesnt research... he is to busy trying to call people white boy while pretending he is black... asked the dude multiple times to video chat and talk about the issues... he is steven A smith
    You need to make up your mind. Are you going to be upset with me for making fun of your basketball team or your white fragility? The two donít intertwine.

No you can't bring it up because you are knocking Hinkie for things he had no part of. TLC wasn't even his pick.

And the bolded is why you should stop talking.
    Never. As long as Philly fans defend a guy losing on purpose then I will be here to make fun of you.

You need to make up your mind. Are you going to be upset with me for making fun of your basketball team or your white fragility? The two donít intertwine.
    nope. I am upset because you dont believe in equality but spew 1 sided ****... again lets hammer this stand point home via video chat in a friendly manner.. or would you rather just constantly call people white boy? I dont care what anyone thinks about my team normally but you have a hard on for the sixers which is hilarious but understandable to a point.... except the process died once colangelo took over which was forced by the nba which you dont seem to comprehend... the second colangelo took over there was no process.... the process worked/was working and we hired the worst mind in sports because we were forced to by the nba steven A...

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I personally am not so sure it's been solidified as accomplished though.

The Wizards did a "Process" though nowhere near as blatantly. They traded off Gil, Butler and Jamison and decided to tank and got good players out of those top 3 picks: Wall, Beal, Porter. They put together some nice veterans around them and had at least 1 year where were considered a top 6 paper-talented team. In the end it resulted in a few playoff runs consecutively, but not deep sustained runs.

I view Philly as in the same boat because like Washington they are only focused on those 2-3 core players and not a farm system and true talent evaluation. They wanted to take the thinking out of scouting by only having to look at "no-brainer" top 5 talent. And because you've done a lazy job of evaluation, you're never going to find those gems, the Duncan Robinson's and Norman Powell's of the walk-on and late draft variety. You will always have to rely on old washed vets Ilyasova and Belinelli types for cheaper talent. Soon you realize you've sign one too many bad contracts and find yourself missing the playoffs and burdened by heavy luxury tax just as the Wizards were just recently.

What I'm saying is I could very easily see the Sixers miss the playoffs entirely some time in the next 3 years with both their stars healthy for most of the season.
    You just have your own definition of the process. its to be in position to contend while maintaining asset and cap flexibility which Hinkie achieved until he was forced out. Once Hinkie was gone the process stopped being a thing no matter how much the media liked to **** on it. Coangelo and Brand royally ****ed up a nearly impossible situation to **** up. Its truly incredible

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nope. I am upset because you dont believe in equality but spew 1 sided ****... again lets hammer this stand point home via video chat in a friendly manner.. or would you rather just constantly call people white boy? I dont care what anyone thinks about my team normally but you have a hard on for the sixers which is hilarious but understandable to a point.... except the process died once colangelo took over which was forced by the nba which you dont seem to comprehend... the second colangelo took over there was no process.... the process worked/was working and we hired the worst mind in sports because we were forced to by the nba steven A...
    Iíve heard what you have to say and disagree with it. Iíve given you detailed explanations as to why calling someone white boy isnít a racial slur. Every time I start to make sense you divert to something like DJax or Drew Brees or whatever. Youíve clearly shown you have no interest in actually engaging me and just dictating what I should believe. Thatís why I wonít be wasting my time talking to you about your white fragility, white boy.

If you want to disagree with me then thatís fine. Repeating the same talking points over and over without paying mind to mine isnít going to change my mind. Iíve attempted to move on and you keep bringing it up. Just like a sad little white boy.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast