Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Bring in Snacks too!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Surprised they havenít, tbh. Wonder what the hell kinda money snacks is asking for. Also wonder how beat up Mack was today. He was talking a hell of a game during the off-season and was basically invisible today. Definitely worried about the run D and the pass rush right now, which is crazy to say about this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Surprised they havenít, tbh. Wonder what the hell kinda money snacks is asking for. Also wonder how beat up Mack was today. He was talking a hell of a game during the off-season and was basically invisible today. Definitely worried about the run D and the pass rush right now, which is crazy to say about this defense.
    Reminds me of the Mack we see when he's playing through an injury he shouldn't be playing though.

Not sure about snacks but cmon...with Goldman opting out it should be ok i think?

Edit: Also just saw this

Last edited by blams; 09-13-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Thereís been a major dip in the pass rush. Hopefully Quinn comes back soon and helps with that.
    I think Hicks not being up to speed didnít help either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thereís been a major dip in the pass rush. Hopefully Quinn comes back soon and helps with that.
    Mack was also not close to 100% and the lions o-line is solid. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Mack was also not close to 100% and the lions o-line is solid. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    And it turns out he was actually winning a lot of his rushes. Quinn will help immensely too. That speed on the other side is game changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Mitch deserves credit for the comeback. He's a different guy in the 4th quarter and playing uptempo.

Still have major doubts moving forward. This game doesn't change anything except maybe delaying the inevitable.
    Agree in principal he deserves credit for the comeback, he made some good plays. It doesn't dismiss how bad he was the rest of the game.

Let's pump the breaks on him being different in the 4th quarter though. For his career he's at a 74.3 QB rating, his lowest of any quarter. What he's really good against is the stupid Lions & other lousy teams.

Anyway, I won't crash the party. We won, everyone knows I don't like or believe Mitch or want him to be the starter.

Sorry everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Was Tight in Coverage. did get Trucked once trying to make a tackle on Marvin Jones After Trevathan let him run free on a crossing route. (I think it was trevathan may be wrong) But overall He didnt seem to be a liability. He also almost had a pick too.
    Thank you.

Count me on board as somebody who wants to bring Snacks in.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 09-14-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    Screw sabermetics.

This thread was a hilarious read.

It's certainly taught me that all 31 other NFL quarterbacks complete 100% of their passes. Not sure how I've been missing that.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Agree in principal he deserves credit for the comeback, he made some good plays. It doesn't dismiss how bad he was the rest of the game.

Let's pump the breaks on him being different in the 4th quarter though. For his career he's at a 74.3 QB rating, his lowest of any quarter. What he's really good against is the stupid Lions & other lousy teams.

Anyway, I won't crash the party. We won, everyone knows I don't like or believe Mitch or want him to be the starter.

Sorry everyone.
    He didn't play great. And you'll likely get your wish for Foles to play soon instead. But you're going to be mighty disappointed when you realize that other quarterbacks make mistakes too. Even good ones.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So Quick observation and I will note obviously that This may be Comparing Apples to Oranges in some cases because of who they played.... But which New QB Did play well today?

30 Points on offense Teddy B Was probably the best Going 22/34 270 Yard 1 TD with an additional 4 Rushes for 26 Yards... Though it was Against the Raiders

20 Points on offense Phillip Rivers IMO Was Awful. His Picks vs a terrible Defense were egregious. 36/46 363 yards 1 TD and 2 picks. with 3 additional rushing yards

23 Points on offense Brady Was 23/36 for 239 2 TDs and 2 Picks He did add 3 Rushes for 9 yards and a TD too. And I will openly Admit The Saints D is legit So its kinda hard to compare... although it is TOM BRADY. He is supposed to elevate this team and Im not sure if I saw that today.

21 Points on offense Cam Obviously Looked like a GREAT RB..... I still question if that is what Nagy would want in a QB though. You kinda have to change the whole offense around him which do we really think Nagy would do that or try and fit Cam into a pocket passer. 15/19 155 Yards With an additional 15 Carries for 75 yards and 2 TDs. Against Miami though too and 21 points isnt exactly lighting up the world either.

I bring this up because of the simple fact that Maybe no new QB would have been Ready under this off season. And I am not going to sit here and pretend that Mitch played lights out. In fact I was thinking we should bench him after about the 1st or 2nd drive of the 3rd Q. He played AMAZING in the 4th Quarter for the comeback. But the fact that the Bears STILL after What was a pretty Abysmal 1st 3 quarters let him go..... Makes me seriously question If They doubt Foles can take the Reigns..... Because Im not going to lie Even me a "MITCH TRUTHER" Was ready to pull the plug and move on. But that probably would have lost us the game too because a COLD Nick Foles probably cant Do what Mitch did at the end there.

Maybe all that Talk of Foles having a Leg up because of prior experience was Also more hopeful than reality too. Rivers and Reich had experience together (albeit longer time ago than Foles did in Petersons system) But maybe its alot to overcome in Bascially a Month of live football.

I cant sit here and Pretend that I am sold on Mitch after that performance. But I wonder Realistically what we should have expected if Foles was the QB1 vs the lions in some alternative reality. Maybe it would go alot worse than we think. Maybe it goes Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers Bad. And then what? It would feel like a really ugly season if Foles Won the Job and then had the be benched for Mitch wouldn't it.

But just a minor Rant. Hopefully Mitch can ride that 4th quarter wave. WE did move the ball OK in the first half.... just failed to execute when it was needed. The Run game gave me hope that at least we wont need Mitch to be playing Hero ball for this offense either.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    So Quick observation and I will note obviously that This may be Comparing Apples to Oranges in some cases because of who they played.... But which New QB Did play well today?

30 Points on offense Teddy B Was probably the best Going 22/34 270 Yard 1 TD with an additional 4 Rushes for 26 Yards... Though it was Against the Raiders

20 Points on offense Phillip Rivers IMO Was Awful. His Picks vs a terrible Defense were egregious. 36/46 363 yards 1 TD and 2 picks. with 3 additional rushing yards

23 Points on offense Brady Was 23/36 for 239 2 TDs and 2 Picks He did add 3 Rushes for 9 yards and a TD too. And I will openly Admit The Saints D is legit So its kinda hard to compare... although it is TOM BRADY. He is supposed to elevate this team and Im not sure if I saw that today.

21 Points on offense Cam Obviously Looked like a GREAT RB..... I still question if that is what Nagy would want in a QB though. You kinda have to change the whole offense around him which do we really think Nagy would do that or try and fit Cam into a pocket passer. 15/19 155 Yards With an additional 15 Carries for 75 yards and 2 TDs. Against Miami though too and 21 points isnt exactly lighting up the world either.

I bring this up because of the simple fact that Maybe no new QB would have been Ready under this off season. And I am not going to sit here and pretend that Mitch played lights out. In fact I was thinking we should bench him after about the 1st or 2nd drive of the 3rd Q. He played AMAZING in the 4th Quarter for the comeback. But the fact that the Bears STILL after What was a pretty Abysmal 1st 3 quarters let him go..... Makes me seriously question If They doubt Foles can take the Reigns..... Because Im not going to lie Even me a "MITCH TRUTHER" Was ready to pull the plug and move on. But that probably would have lost us the game too because a COLD Nick Foles probably cant Do what Mitch did at the end there.

Maybe all that Talk of Foles having a Leg up because of prior experience was Also more hopeful than reality too. Rivers and Reich had experience together (albeit longer time ago than Foles did in Petersons system) But maybe its alot to overcome in Bascially a Month of live football.

I cant sit here and Pretend that I am sold on Mitch after that performance. But I wonder Realistically what we should have expected if Foles was the QB1 vs the lions in some alternative reality. Maybe it would go alot worse than we think. Maybe it goes Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers Bad. And then what? It would feel like a really ugly season if Foles Won the Job and then had the be benched for Mitch wouldn't it.

But just a minor Rant. Hopefully Mitch can ride that 4th quarter wave. WE did move the ball OK in the first half.... just failed to execute when it was needed. The Run game gave me hope that at least we wont need Mitch to be playing Hero ball for this offense either.
    Cam played great in his first game.

The numbers don't tell the whole story. I really hope he can stay healthy.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post

Sorry everyone.
    Oh definitely. In no way do I suddenly believe in him after this. 3+ quarters of **** is not going to get it done against most teams. Just giving him credit for the 4th, that's it. We still should have lost too if Swift catches that layup in the end zone with under 10 seconds left.

I also hadn't seen his career 4th quarter numbers. Certainly dispels the notion that he's good in the 4th.

I still expect to see him replaced by Foles in the next few weeks.

Cam was always my favorite option here. If he's healthy then he's likely better than any one of Brady, Rivers, Teddy, Foles, Dalton, and certainly Trubisky. Plus he cost basically nothing.

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast