Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Nagy says he has learned. We have all these new offensive coaches. Trubisky says he has put in the “work”.

If all this is true and I still see tons of those friggin bubble screens, loads of passes short of the first down marker on third down, tunnel vision to Robinson, no shots downfield, nothing but handoffs out of the shotgun, I swear I am going to puke!
    Short passes work if you execute them at an elite level all of the time; hell I'd be happy if he could.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Nagy says he has learned. We have all these new offensive coaches. Trubisky says he has put in the “work”.

If all this is true and I still see tons of those friggin bubble screens, loads of passes short of the first down marker on third down, tunnel vision to Robinson, no shots downfield, nothing but handoffs out of the shotgun, I swear I am going to puke!
    I really hope that isn’t what Nagy means by ‘learned’ & Mitch putting in the ‘work’

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    Mitch failing would not be better for the Bears. This team needs him to perform and be at least a top 15QB. Foles has proven in the 9 years he's been in the league that he's injury prone and has highs and lows. Paying 30M a year for a QB to stabilize the position for the next 10 years playing as a top 15QB with this D should net us a few very good shots at winning the Super Bowl and many NFC north titles due to Rogers age.

With that said I believe there is a flip of the coin in my opinion if the lights turn on for Trubisky or not. I understand everyones hate on here. Being a Bears fan we seen too many times to be hopeful only to be let down time and time again. Just look at the Cutler trade. Everyone had high hopes and all were let down.

So I as well hold out some hope but still have a lot of belief that he turns it around. If Nagy wasn't the HC and it was Ron Turner then I would definitely be in the same line of thinking as many on here that doubt Trubisky but I believe we have a good HC and should make Trubisky excel to at least a top 15QB.
    How do the bears handle a 30 mil contract next year then. (if mitch is a top 15 QB this is probably minimum what he commands) Or Worse...... The Cost of a Franchise tag which from my estimates looks like 37,867,607.

Im not saying im rooting for Mitch to fail. IN fact I am the opposite. However WE could very well be a similar situation to the Texans next year if Mitch does play well. Which is You cant afford a top WR and your QB. And Are we sure that Mitch is the answer.... What does he look like Minus Allen Robinson. How does the offense function minus Cohen (another potential loss on offense) Even if we start making cuts we could have to strip the entire OL Down Both Tackles to make some of these peices fit.

All IM saying is that if mitch does look good we are going to have alot of major issues with Cap the next few years. Maybe you can backload Mitch but Honestly after 1 good year are you willing to comit 4-5 to him? Personally im on the Prove it again Bandwagon where even if the year goes great. IDK how much you can trust it. ESPECIALLY IF YOU LOOSE ALLEN ROBINSON.

IDK. With only $9,467,223 in projected cap space.... And the Major Options to Find some being Hicks (10.5m) Fuller (11m) Leno (6.2m) Massie (5.4m) And Greham (7m)... Even if you Cut EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GUYS which would Tear apart the OL and Defense alot..... You End up with 49.6 mil which may be enough to retain Mitch And Robinson And still Feild a Roster. (30 for Mitch and 16 for Robinson which may be too little) But its Super Tight. And You could probably Trade Foles away for an extra 6.6 mil But You Got rid of 2 Starting Tackles on the OL..... 2 of your top 5 Defensive players.....

It does not feel good no matter how you spin it.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Not rooting for Mitch to fail, but hoping that in the likely event he still sucks, that he's overtly bad right away so we can switch him out quickly rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Honest question...

Mitch comes out and plays pretty well to start the year. He is a top 15 QB in the league. Decision making and accuracy are improved, but not great.

Is that good enough for people to be happy with him?

If so, how many games does he have to do that for before you become a believer that the “new” Mitch is now “Mitch”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An entire season. Even then I'd have doubts considering how bad he's been overall.

I know there's a lot of positive buzz around him lately, so hopefully it translates to a good season for him. Ultimately, I expect him to be replaced by Foles at some point though.

Not ideal when your biggest FA signing is inactive to start the season.

Yeah that's annoying. Really annoying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ridley hurt or does he just suck?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Not rooting for Mitch to fail, but hoping that in the likely event he still sucks, that he's overtly bad right away so we can switch him out quickly rather than later.
    Concur. Not rooting for Mitch to fail but not exactly cheering for him to succeed.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Yes.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    He's been active for how many games since being drafted? Gotta be only a handful.

Only a 4th round pick, but still...may not even be worth the roster spot much longer.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast