Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    We be up.

Rodiov Amirov. Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Rodiov Amirov. Wtf?
    Honestly, I believe.
    I would have traded Kap for him.

Not to be a total homer, but I saw an interview with Dubas where he acknowledged that you shouldn't be drafting for grit. You draft for skill and then look to acquire those guys, which makes sense. Easier to acquire grit than it is to acquire skill.

Good job to pick up the extra pick from Ottawa by trading down into the second round. Funny, so far mynhldraft.com was accurate on their mock with the Leafs picking Amirov and Niemela.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Not to be a total homer, but I saw an interview with Dubas where he acknowledged that you shouldn't be drafting for grit. You draft for skill and then look to acquire those guys, which makes sense. Easier to acquire grit than it is to acquire skill.

Good job to pick up the extra pick from Ottawa by trading down into the second round. Funny, so far mynhldraft.com was accurate on their mock with the Leafs picking Amirov and Niemela.
    150% I agree with that plan. Hard to even project grit. Lots of “gritty” guys don’t have the talent to survive in the league. Tyler Biggs comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    150% I agree with that plan. Hard to even project grit. Lots of “gritty” guys don’t have the talent to survive in the league. Tyler Biggs comes to mind.
    Oh geez..forgot about Tyler Biggs.

Another example is the Nylander draft. A bunch of folks wanted the Leafs to draft Nick Ritchie instead, including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Oh geez..forgot about Tyler Biggs.

Another example is the Nylander draft. A bunch of folks wanted the Leafs to draft Nick Ritchie instead, including myself.
    What happened to Ritchie? When he broke into the league he seemed like he would stick if I’m remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    What happened to Ritchie? When he broke into the league he seemed like he would stick if I’m remembering correctly.

He wasn't even that good a junior player to be honest. Went second overall in the OHL draft(first from his age group) and was decent but never great. We had his brother Brett here in Niagara and I always thought he was better. Him and Ryan Strome were dominant their last year here. Not quite as heavy, but taller and a much better skater. Not all that surprised Nick hasn't really been an impact player but I thought for sure Brett would be a good third liner for 12 years or so. Both are having trouble just getting into the lineup now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123