Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2020 Entry Draft Thread

Draft is on October 6th and 7th. Leafs have the 15th overall pick. So who do ya like a 15 fellas? If the goalie Askarov is there I'd take him. Franchise goalie. But I really like the defencemen Braden Schneider too. Skilled but has bite. Anyways it's a deep first round so we should end up with a solid prospect.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 10-07-2020 at 02:29 PM.

I would be surprised if they took a defensman.

I wouldn't, but regardless take the best player available.

Definitely hope Askarov drops, but in most recent mocks I've seen he's going to be gone before 15.

I like Schneider. I agree Askarov will probably be gone. But if you boys don't want a D (not arguing love the discussion) what forward do ya want at 15. Lundell might get there. He's a future beast penalty killer.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I like Schneider. I agree Askarov will probably be gone. But if you boys don't want a D (not arguing love the discussion) what forward do ya want at 15. Lundell might get there. He's a future beast penalty killer.
    Canít see Kyle going for that type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Canít see Kyle going for that type of player.
    Well he is skilled too. We might not even have the pick come that time. I'm fine with that too but if they trade it they better win that trade. Gonna be a very good prospect available at 15.

I want them to keep it. They should have enough assets to fill the holes in their roster without having to move this pick.

I like what I've read about Schneider with his comp being Trouba. Seems they could do a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    I want them to keep it. They should have enough assets to fill the holes in their roster without having to move this pick.

I like what I've read about Schneider with his comp being Trouba. Seems they could do a lot worse.
    I like Schneider alot. If Liljegren and Sandin take a step and you add him, in 2/3 years you're looking at a good young D core. Only thing is the team is in win now mode seeing that Matthews is leaving in 4 seasons. That's their window.

They will still need to fit under the cap during that window and having good talent on ELC's is one way to boost that competitive window.

I read that Schneider should come quickly because of his mental and physical maturity, but who knows what that means during these pandemic days..

Read the following on Sportsnet.ca today on LHD Kaiden Guhle:

"Has experienced the perfect developmental curve having to earn his chops as a youngster and then progressing to big minutes during his second season. Excellent skater, with a serious mean streak to his game."

Another interesting defense prospect who will likely be available when the Leafs pick at 15th overall.

Feels like Iím the only one who doesnít want a defender at 15. If we go defence then Iím assuming theyíre at least a few years away from making an impact (Sandin is about as good as you could hope from that pick, and even he was a ways away). If we are looking for defence with the 15th pick then better off trading it imo.

I'd prefer they didn't trade it because at some point not having these picks to stockpile the system is going to be an issue.

Dylan Holloway is the only forward around this pick that I've read about who seems interesting. This is from The Athletic:

"Heís a unique athlete in this class, an outstanding skater, a physical presence and a talented scorer with a hard wrist shot."

My preference right now just based off reading scouting reports:

1) Askarov
    2) Holloway
    3) Guhle
    4) Schneider
    Last edited by T.O. Fan; 10-04-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Here's a link with a bunch of mocks:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/...s1ns4eqtah6wfd

Schneider is my pick. He's a right handed Muzzin. Won't be around the big club for 2/3 years but at 15 any player is that far away. I just love his shut down ability.

2020 NHL Draft 8 pm et Sportsnet

She's that time baby! Do we trade the pick or keep er? Hours away. Leafs own 11 picks in this draft. Let's break it down here..

1st round 15th overall via Pittsburgh
    2nd round 44th
    4th round 106th
    4th round 122nd via Vegas
    5th round 153rd via Vegas
    6th round 168th
    6th round 177th via Carolina
    6th round 180th via Colorado
    7th round 189th via San Jose
    7th round 195th via Minnesota
    7th round 212th via St. Louis

Can't wait. I'll list the first round picks as they come in for all 3 of you. Gonna be different without JaysLeafs98 around this year. That was my prospect brotha. Going to be very interesting with that 15th pick. Dubas usually trades back. Yesterday he spoke about trading up. Certainly alot of picks to use in that situation. Finally time for a little excitement. We could use it... January is a loooong ways away.

I'll do my best to track rounds 2 through 7 tomorrow. That gets underway at 11:30 am et on Sportsnet1.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 10-06-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast