Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    The Raiders need to boost their DL.

If possible, I'd like to see the Raiders grab a DT who can pressure from the inside. If not, DE. Or OLB. Or hire Wade Phillips, switch to a 34 and purge the roster.

Here's what I know: the Raiders have been historically inept on defense. That has to change if they're going to make a serious run at Superbowl caliber football.

Hopefully we've reached the point where Mayock and Gruden can agree that the offense is going to be fine -- or at least you can find pieces in free agency to improve the audience cheaply. The 2021 draft has to be about the defense. The Raiders need to hire a defensive talent evaluator. I don't trust whoever does that for us now.

Is Max's contract just about up?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Hopefully we've reached the point where Mayock and Gruden can agree that the offense is going to be fine -- or at least you can find pieces in free agency to improve the audience cheaply. The 2021 draft has to be about the defense. The Raiders need to hire a defensive talent evaluator. I don't trust whoever does that for us now.

Is Max's contract just about up?
    he has a 4 year so two more go, but they may start looking to extend him next year to spread the cap hit.

We definitely need some more defensive help. Our young CB's look good and hopefully will continue to improve, but we need some help at Safety. Abram is still young, but for every wicked hit he makes 3 or 4 bone head plays. Harris is not the answer at FS. I wouldn't object to keeping him around for ST and a back up, but we need to find someone better.

Kwiakoski has been an awesome pick up, but we still need serious help at LB and of course we always need to look for some pass rush help.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    We need a pass rusher. Josh Allen was the guy instead of ferrell. In the 1st pass rush is 100% a must. Move ferrell inside and see if he can turn it around, because heís looking like a bust
    DE does more than get sacks check his run play and TFLs. We need inside pressure collapse pocket up the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    DE does more than get sacks check his run play and TFLs. We need inside pressure collapse pocket up the middle
    I agree. Ferrell is a good player who doesn't get the stats. PFF ranks him highly.

IMO, the Raiders need a DT -- either a pressure 3-technique or a monster NT. I like Ferrell at DT on 3rd and long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    The Raiders need to boost their DL.

If possible, I'd like to see the Raiders grab a DT who can pressure from the inside. If not, DE. Or OLB. Or hire Wade Phillips, switch to a 34 and purge the roster.

Here's what I know: the Raiders have been historically inept on defense. That has to change if they're going to make a serious run at Superbowl caliber football.
    I would too. Buuut, the Dt, des and olbs in this class arenít that great. Parsons is a great olb. However he will be gone in the top 5. Rousseau will be ok, but he will be picked top ten and in any other draft he would probably be a second rounder. Paye and roche are projects. But again in any other draft, they wouldnít be a first.

How about the idea of drafting Moses and move kwaitkoski outside?

This is a good draft for cb, ol, wr and safety

A good 2021 draft will not save this team.

The 2020 draft looks like a failure already.

For this team to succeed, they will need to hit in the draft and free agency simultaneously. They have never done that before.

I have no confidence in this organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I would too. Buuut, the Dt, des and olbs in this class arenít that great. Parsons is a great olb. However he will be gone in the top 5. Rousseau will be ok, but he will be picked top ten and in any other draft he would probably be a second rounder. Paye and roche are projects. But again in any other draft, they wouldnít be a first.

How about the idea of drafting Moses and move kwaitkoski outside?

This is a good draft for cb, ol, wr and safety
    Is Moses athletic enough to function as a MLB in a 43? The mistake made with Rolando McClain was getting a 34 ILB and trying to make him a 43 MLB.

Moses can play 43 MLB? Draft him.

You can draft a QB now, get them ready over time and get them ready for 2-3 years from now when it's time to move on from Carr.

Moses can. A lot of ilbs become good mlbs if they have the size.

We get caught in the mode of not wanting to draft certain players due to bad players at that position in the past.
    (For fun) like:
    Canít draft qb, could be Jamarcus or tim couch, or manzel
    No lb, could be McClain. Or boz.
    No Ot, could be gallery. Or emtman
    No wr, could be heyward-bey
    No de, could be a no sack getting Ferrell.
    No Dt, could be star lotulelei
    Etc etc

I like a lot of players in this draft. But a lot of the top guys that are available are super talented are not at positions I think we need badly to upgrade. I would like to get a great passrushing DT or DE in the first. But that talent isnít there. The de and dts in this first wouldnít be first rounders any other year in recent history.

It might be a bpa for this draft in the first. Then draft project needs.

It kills me that mayock loved players but wonít move up to get them. He evidently loved Winfield but didnít try to move up and get him. Now the kid is killing it. Or he loved Kenneth murray(like I did) but didnít try to pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    A good 2021 draft will not save this team.

The 2020 draft looks like a failure already.

For this team to succeed, they will need to hit in the draft and free agency simultaneously. They have never done that before.

I have no confidence in this organization.
    11 games in and pulling the plug on it huh?

The 2019 draft has turned out to be one of if not the best draft classes in the league for that year...Ferrell is a great allís round Dlineman...Josh Jacobs is a top 5 back in the league...Abrams is a legit starting safety...Crosby is the best pass rusher on the team...Mullen is one of the best young corners in the league...Renfrow is our most consistent WR and one of the best slot receivers in the league already...Moreau and Johnson both provide quality depth at their positions.

So why not wait and see on the 2020 class? Mayock earned that much from his outstanding 2019 class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    11 games in and pulling the plug on it huh?

The 2019 draft has turned out to be one of if not the best draft classes in the league for that year...Ferrell is a great allís round Dlineman...Josh Jacobs is a top 5 back in the league...Abrams is a legit starting safety...Crosby is the best pass rusher on the team...Mullen is one of the best young corners in the league...Renfrow is our most consistent WR and one of the best slot receivers in the league already...Moreau and Johnson both provide quality depth at their positions.

So why not wait and see on the 2020 class? Mayock earned that much from his outstanding 2019 class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed , it's not like I'm not waiting, of course I'll wait. You're touting the 2020 draft(potential) based on the performance of the 2019 draft? I don't see it that way. (Clelin is not great.)

11 games in, I feel pretty confident in what we have here. I'm not pulling the plug on them, I'm just saying, they are not impactful. And the free agency class is a failure also.(yes, Kwalaolski(sp) is good , when he is healthy)
    Not sure what "Mayock earned" as we sit now, it is not looking very good. It looks like he reached twice in the first rd. I'm critical of those picks ,still.

I see too many mistakes by this organization. I'm just not impressed Gruden and Co. They may go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. To me , that is not success. Too many blown opportunities by this organization.

Year in and year out.

Henry Ruggs is the best "contested catch" receiver the Raiders have had in ... man, a really long time.

I thought Ruggs was a stupid pick. At this point, I'm extremely optimistic about his future with the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Agreed , it's not like I'm not waiting, of course I'll wait. You're touting the 2020 draft(potential) based on the performance of the 2019 draft? I don't see it that way. (Clelin is not great.)

11 games in, I feel pretty confident in what we have here. I'm not pulling the plug on them, I'm just saying, they are not impactful. And the free agency class is a failure also.(yes, Kwalaolski(sp) is good , when he is healthy)
    Not sure what "Mayock earned" as we sit now, it is not looking very good. It looks like he reached twice in the first rd. I'm critical of those picks ,still.

I see too many mistakes by this organization. I'm just not impressed Gruden and Co. They may go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. To me , that is not success. Too many blown opportunities by this organization.

Year in and year out.
    Valid points, but Mayock's drafting is far superior to anything we've seen in the past 20 years, except 2014 under RM. Mack and Carr kinda fell in his lap, but Jackson, Murray and TJ Carrie he actually had to select and they were solid. RM never got close to repeating that draft and again left us in a serious hole. 2020 draft has not been as easy to see the bright spots due to no off-season and injuries, but hopefully they'll continue to improve.

Maybe due to such horrible drafting we are giving more credit to Mayock/Gruden than they deserve, but most of the 2019 guys look solid so far. Ferrell we'll never understand and he may never be a good pass rusher, but he is disruptive and a good run defender. Worth the #4 pick? Heck no!

I too am skeptical of Gruden and not very confident he will get us to being a perpetual contender.

I think Ferrell is a bust. He wouldnít have been if he was a third rounder. Des are supposed to get sacks. He has none in this whole season. I donít care what anyone says. Thatís bad.

I would love to get a top de or Dt but the dl folks arenít that good by the time we pick in the first. I like Rousseau, Paye and basham. Thatís about it.

What do you guys think of drafting leatherwood to play rt. Shore up that spot for awhile. Get rid of brown and Parker. Get rid of witten, Collins and t Williams.

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast