Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    There is a lot of click bait out there but also keep in mind its really not easy to watch 300 or so players and 3-5 full games of their tape to get an in-depth look at them. Sometimes they make initial opinions vs old tape or other players tape that includes said player but not specifically their tape. Then once they finally focus on said player they are able to get a more complete profile on a player which could change where they rank them. There is a reason why almost all draft guides arent out till mid April. Takes up to 3 to 4 months after the season is over to even complete their pre-draft process for all players they are grading. Difference between Media draft experts who often do all the work themselves versus like teams who may have 20 different scouts focusing on just specific regions of the US.
    Yeah I know, Hunter. Been watching/following football for nearly 50 years. I get it. However, it has gotten worse in the last ten years. People fall in love with a player, talking heads boost him up. Someone doesn't like a player as much, they knock him down. Every year. There are also misinformation campaigns put out there by teams or unofficial team reps so that they can get their guy. Same ol' same ol'. Granted further examination of a player leads to ups and downs. I know what you mean, but there are kids out there who shouldn't be knocked down or even elevated as much as they have been. The process you talked about is common knowledge in my opinion, what I was referring to was the ridiculousness of some moves up or down for the sake of getting readers, clicks, and how people JUMP onto the bandwagon. Like when the 9ers traded up, rumor started that they wanted Mac Jones...EVERYONE got on that ride, every draft simulation slotted him in...now there is speculation they want someone else. As much as I like Jones, I think he is the 4th or 5th best QB prospect. It may happen, it may not, but I don't see a reason Justin Fields has been knocked down to 5th or so. Dumb

"...prone to stoogery.".

This year more than ever we need to be trading down. Itís unprecedented the type of college season there just was, with a shortened schedule and so many players opting out. Many guys that havenít played a game in a year and a half will be top 10 picks. A lot can happen in that amount of time! How many players were locks to be top 15 picks, return to school and struggle and their stock plummets. It happens every single year.

Given the amount of holes we still have, and the uncertainty surrounding so many players, and the value in the 20s and 30s, I am not at all comfortable with the idea of reaching for another player 17th during this draft especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    This year more than ever we need to be trading down. Itís unprecedented the type of college season there just was, with a shortened schedule and so many players opting out. Many guys that havenít played a game in a year and a half will be top 10 picks. A lot can happen in that amount of time! How many players were locks to be top 15 picks, return to school and struggle and their stock plummets. It happens every single year.

Given the amount of holes we still have, and the uncertainty surrounding so many players, and the value in the 20s and 30s, I am not at all comfortable with the idea of reaching for another player 17th during this draft especially.
    We need impact players on this team. Every year we seem to be saying the same thing, ďwe have too many holes to fill.Ē If trading back acquiring more picks to give us a higher chance at a impact player or two I am all for it. If trading up to land an impact player to this team is a possibility Iíd do it. If staying put and drafting gets us an impact player or two Iíd do it. Bottom line I donít care what the clown show does at this point but please find us an impact player. A game changer, an All pro, a future HOF player. Just for once get the damn draft right!!

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Iím not that big of a fan of multiple position players. I mean, if they are great at two positions, then thatís a plus. But most are better at one position. Look at Joseph. He can play SS but is better at FS. Has his development at FS suffered by teams playing him at SS more? And is it really better playing him at SS 40% of the time if heís just average there?

What Iíd really like is elite players who are physical and have speed. Especially at LB and S. If Micah parsons has a good football IQ, can cover TEs and rush the QB... then thatís who I want. If trill can cover a WR and take down a TE, then heíd be a great pick up.
    In the NFL today offensive co-ordinators are looking for match ups to scheme players open in the passing game, and to run at you. This is exactly my point, because if you have players who are versatile and good enough who can play multiple positions, (especially when comes to coverage) you can adjust on the field and eliminate those match ups offense are trying to expose you with.
    Also, I am not a fan of Parsons. He cannot cover. Can play the run and rush the passer though. It's all about coverage for me. JOK would be a better selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Yeah I know, Hunter. Been watching/following football for nearly 50 years. I get it. However, it has gotten worse in the last ten years. People fall in love with a player, talking heads boost him up. Someone doesn't like a player as much, they knock him down. Every year. There are also misinformation campaigns put out there by teams or unofficial team reps so that they can get their guy. Same ol' same ol'. Granted further examination of a player leads to ups and downs. I know what you mean, but there are kids out there who shouldn't be knocked down or even elevated as much as they have been. The process you talked about is common knowledge in my opinion, what I was referring to was the ridiculousness of some moves up or down for the sake of getting readers, clicks, and how people JUMP onto the bandwagon. Like when the 9ers traded up, rumor started that they wanted Mac Jones...EVERYONE got on that ride, every draft simulation slotted him in...now there is speculation they want someone else. As much as I like Jones, I think he is the 4th or 5th best QB prospect. It may happen, it may not, but I don't see a reason Justin Fields has been knocked down to 5th or so. Dumb
    I understand your points. My comments werent fully directed at you. I just used your response to start mine off of.

It happens every year and will continue to happen every year. Misinformation season is also used for a reason. Some of this information is done on purpose and some isn't. Best we can all do it focus on who sticks to their boards and opinions throughout the process(right or wrong) and avoid the talking heads that constantly change their opinion every week to sell narratives and get clicks.

Just responding to some of the top QB prospects and positioning. Zach Wilson is a lock with the Jets. As much as Lawrence is for the Jags... What is weird, Rumors here have it that Philly was trying to trade up and was told flat out Wilson will be gone by pick 3 meaning the Jets will take him. All other reports have Philly wanting to trade down so dunno how... Everyone had Fields going to SF. Unless they are throwing out smoke, Shannahan did not like his throwing motion which is weird cause I heard he had worked with Fields in the past.

I understand your points. My comments werent fully directed at you. I just used your response to start mine off of.

It happens every year and will continue to happen every year. Misinformation season is also used for a reason. Some of this information is done on purpose and some isn't. Best we can all do it focus on who sticks to their boards and opinions throughout the process(right or wrong) and avoid the talking heads that constantly change their opinion every week to sell narratives and get clicks.
    Right on. I agree.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt
    Daniel Jeremah said this is the worst draft class of defensive tackles heís seen since at least 2003 when he started out as a scout.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Just responding to some of the top QB prospects and positioning. Zach Wilson is a lock with the Jets. As much as Lawrence is for the Jags... What is weird, Rumors here have it that Philly was trying to trade up and was told flat out Wilson will be gone by pick 3 meaning the Jets will take him. All other reports have Philly wanting to trade down so dunno how... Everyone had Fields going to SF. Unless they are throwing out smoke, Shannahan did not like his throwing motion which is weird cause I heard he had worked with Fields in the past.
    I really feel bad for Zach Wilson. Great guy who comes from a beautiful family, going to the Jets I just hope he stays healthy.

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt
    Daniel Jeremah said this is the worst draft class of defensive tackles heís seen since at least 2003 when he started out as a scout.
    Thatís why Iím banging the drum for Barmore. If heís there, he has to be the pick, IMO.

This guy has to be the pick if heís available.

Iím the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Wonder if Fields falls now do to the discovered epilepsy.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Would you take him or sell the pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Thatís why Iím banging the drum for Barmore. If heís there, he has to be the pick, IMO.
    I can respect that thought but to me this DT class is so bad that even the top guys arent worth a 1st rounder. Like even in the second Id only consider taking Baramore/Nixon. Anyone else still would feel early to me.

Basically I just dont like this DT class either as the big talking heads have said.

I love this tackle class though. Starters can be found in rounds 1/2/3 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Would you take him or sell the pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldnít take him in the first. Iíd be fearful of hits to the head and what could happen. I know he can take medication, but man I wouldnít risk it. My grandson was born with a brain malformation. Iím sure there is a difference between children and adults. But from what we have been told, keeping him from playing sports where the head is involved is the best path. I believe the older you get if you havenít had seizures already itís not likely. But Iím sure playing a game where concussions are the norm arenít part of that data.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Iíve been saying that I think one of those top 5QBs will be there at our pick. Thereís always one that falls. At first, my gut feeling was it probably would be Mac Jones. But this could be the concern that drops fields into that draft day storyline.

This is also why Iíve been critical of the 49ers trade up. I was telling my brother (sadly a niners fan) that itís a risky trade because if the amount of uncertainty. To trade up to 3 there needs to be 4 prospects you are willing to trade up for- as something could come out on one of them.

What if fields was the 49ers pick all along? And what if theyíre no longer comfortable taking him?

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast