Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Without doing any research what so ever and the draft game not providing scouting reports I selected the following:

17 Trevon Moehrig S • TCU
    48 Alim McNeill DI • North Carolina State
    80 Rashad Weaver ED • Pittsburgh
    121 Baron Browning LB • Ohio State
    163 Josh Myers C • Ohio State
    246 Tedarrell Slaton DI • Florid

Thoughts?
    I love the second half of your draft. I guess I’m not crazy about the first two picks. Only because I honestly think we’re going to bring in a top fs in fa. Someone like Marcus Williams, Harris or Simmons(Simmons isn’t likely because he wants to break the bank). So if we get a fs through fa, I doubt if we go fs in rd one or two or three or four.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Like whom? Realistically?

Watt and Williams are not going to be raiders. We are not paying over 20 mil for a dt. That’s what he wants. Watt wants to go to a top defense. That’s not us. Two swings and misses. The other giants dt will be franchised. Short has had 0 sacks in the last two years. And would cost us 9 mil a year.

And the other dts available can easily be beat out by barmore, Wilson and Tufele.
    Realistically they can sign whoever they want. Money talks. There is plenty of DL talent out other than Watt and Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Really liking Owusu more and more as I watch him. He can be our hybrid S/LB. Dude even lines up at CB. That's how gifted he is. He is an elite athlete and with elite speed. Would give Bradley a weapon on defense. I've also seen him compared to Derwin James who Bradley coached in SD
    Last edited by Switch; 02-23-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Here’s what I came up with via PFF Mock.

1. [1] 17. Zaven Collins [LB - Tulsa]
      [2] 48. Alim McNeill [NT - NC State]
      [3] 80. Jamie Newman [QB - Georgia]
      [4] 121. Jay Tufele [DT - USC]
      [5] 163. Paulson Adebo [CB - Stanford]
      [7] 246. Jacoby Stevens [S - LSU]
    Y’all gonna kill me for the Newman pick, but he’ll be a stud in 2-3 years with proper coaching. Collins and McNeill improve the pass rush and the run defense. Tufele is nice in rotation. Adebo is a good fit for the cover 3, and Jacoby Stevens is depth who had lower draft status due to a bad year.

In short? They’re all good players who could have a strong NFL career.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Realistically they can sign whoever they want. Money talks. There is plenty of DL talent out other than Watt and Williams
    Right there is. But we specifically want dts who can get to the qb. But people are getting excited about bringing in guys like short who is talented but had 0 sacks two years in a row. That’s not a 3 tech like we need. If that’s what we are getting out of fa at dt, we might as well just go get Hankins cheap. He got at least one sack for us. Lol
    But watt and Williams are the only ones that can get after the qb well. Maybe Wolfe at dt?
    Get Hendrickson, he won’t break the bank and get us at least 10 sacks(had 14 last year as a situational starter)

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Here’s what I came up with via PFF Mock.

Y’all gonna kill me for the Newman pick, but he’ll be a stud in 2-3 years with proper coaching. Collins and McNeill improve the pass rush and the run defense. Tufele is nice in rotation. Adebo is a good fit for the cover 3, and Jacoby Stevens is depth who had lower draft status due to a bad year.

In short? They’re all good players who could have a strong NFL career.
    Tufele won’t make it to the 3rd and adebo won’t make it to the 3rd.

Right there is. But we specifically want dts who can get to the qb. But people are getting excited about bringing in guys like short who is talented but had 0 sacks two years in a row. That’s not a 3 tech like we need. If that’s what we are getting out of fa at dt, we might as well just go get Hankins cheap. He got at least one sack for us. Lol
    But watt and Williams are the only ones that can get after the qb well. Maybe Wolfe at dt?
    Get Hendrickson, he won’t break the bank and get us at least 10 sacks(had 14 last year as a situational starter)
    That's because he's only played a total of 5 games the last 2 years.

Hendrickson initially intrigued me. But I watched more of him. He really benefited from a good DL. Most of his sacks were on stunts and coverage sacks. Not a guy I'd pay 15M a year for.

That's because he's only played a total of 5 games the last 2 years.

Hendrickson initially intrigued me. But I watched more of him. He really benefited from a good DL. Most of his sacks were on stunts and coverage sacks. Not a guy I'd pay 15M a year for.
    Actually he played in 9 games in two years and three years ago he had 3 sacks. So that means he had 3 sacks in three years. So we should sign a guy who had 3 sacks 31/2 yers ago to a 10 mil a year contract????

First off Hendrickson got better each year and that d line is not good. The corners are good. Hendrickson won’t cost 15 mil a year. Only watt and Leonard Williams will get over 13 mil a year at dt.

Annnnd how is he going to get a benefit of a good dl? A de is out there battling ots. Not on the inside with outside and inside help. Who did he have on the inside to help?

I like Baron Browning a lot. He will be a good slb

Actually he played in 9 games in two years and three years ago he had 3 sacks. So that means he had 3 sacks in three years. So we should sign a guy who had 3 sacks 31/2 yers ago to a 10 mil a year contract????

First off Hendrickson got better each year and that d line is not good. The corners are good. Hendrickson won’t cost 15 mil a year. Only watt and Leonard Williams will get over 13 mil a year at dt.

Annnnd how is he going to get a benefit of a good dl? A de is out there battling ots. Not on the inside with outside and inside help. Who did he have on the inside to help?
    According to pro football reference he played in 5 games the last 2 seasons. But that's not important. He's obviously not going to get $10M. With all his injuries and age he'll be lucky to get half of that on a 1 year prove it deal.

Saints were a top 5 defense last season. Top 4 in run defense. Top 8 in sacks. How is that not a good DL? You have no idea what you're talking about

17: R1 P17 DL Christian Barmore - Alabama
    48: R2 P16 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa
    80: R3 P16 S Jevon Holland - Oregon
    121: R4 P16 RB Khalil Herbert - Virginia Tech
    163: R5 P18 EDGE Jordan Smith - UAB
    246: R7 P20 DL Osa Odighizuwa - UCLA

Don’t know enough about the players yet.., mostly seeing how the first couple picks can work out. I think most ppl would approve of the first two. I like a RB in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    17: R1 P17 DL Christian Barmore - Alabama
    48: R2 P16 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa
    80: R3 P16 S Jevon Holland - Oregon
    121: R4 P16 RB Khalil Herbert - Virginia Tech
    163: R5 P18 EDGE Jordan Smith - UAB
    246: R7 P20 DL Osa Odighizuwa - UCLA

Don’t know enough about the players yet.., mostly seeing how the first couple picks can work out. I think most ppl would approve of the first two. I like a RB in the 4th.
    I’d hire you to run the organization if this draft happened haha you just got three first round talents in the first three rounds. Without a single trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I’d hire you to run the organization if this draft happened haha you just got three first round talents in the first three rounds. Without a single trade.

+ 1 Holy hell, that would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

Haha. Thanks. If only these real drafts fell like the simulators...

Looked up Jordan smith and he seems like a good late pick. Says he’s athletic with good use of hands.

According to pro football reference he played in 5 games the last 2 seasons. But that's not important. He's obviously not going to get $10M. With all his injuries and age he'll be lucky to get half of that on a 1 year prove it deal.

Saints were a top 5 defense last season. Top 4 in run defense. Top 8 in sacks. How is that not a good DL? You have no idea what you're talking about
    He had 14 sacks. 83 year old Jordan had 7.
    Now the dbs they had were amazing. Lattimore, Jenkins, Marcus Williams, m Jenkins.

Ok let’s say he played in 5 games in the last two years. Doesn’t matter much. Still had 0 production in two years. And only had 3 sacks in 48 games??? I have no idea in what world that is worth giving any money to.

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast